Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the win on the weekend in light of the reaction it got across the ditch.

The Titans as badly as they played really wanted to win. They were really motivated to not go 0-4 to start the season and they saw the lowly warriors as a great chance to break their duck. They had their play makers coming back from injury clouds and it was thunderbirds are go as far as they were concerned.

I know we all said "it was only the Titans". But the more I think about it the more credible the win appears in my mind.
There are no easy games in the NRL, however Cameron Murray is going to have a field day if our tackling doesn't improve. I have visions of his line breaks already, because when he does break he won't be slowing down.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

🦄
Reaction score
I know we all said "it was only the Titans". But the more I think about it the more credible the win appears in my mind.
How would you rate the Titans amongst the other NRL clubs. Would they make your 8? No doubting Titans wanted to win. Who wants to lose? They have played better this season. Most of their errors were not as a result of Warriors pressure but moreso their own undoing. I'm not complaining about the win or the two points as at the end of the day that's all that matters. But to summarise, my point is we won. And we won because we were less worse than the Titans. That waa not a top 8 worthy performance by either team. Ill take that as its early on in the season. But we have had the easiest draw in the first 4 weeks of any teams, and it is no coincidence that our wins have been against teams who occupy the bottom 4. I guess the entire thing depends on what you define as 'credible'. If its 2 points yes we got that. If you consider that we are a threat to the comp, i respectfully disagree. I predict we will get a couple of wins against top 8 quality sides this year, but also get lots of thrashings. Our squad is far lower quality than most teams out there.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Our squad is far lower quality than most teams out there.
While agree man for man we are underwhelming, last year the sum of all the parts was very effective.

Our squad was in the running for the minor premiers last year. We are a settled squad, (minus SJ) one year older and more experienced and with another year under corvo.

I had high hopes for the squad, if we continued to build on last season and HOPE we are planning on peaking later in the season.

(I hate relying on hope😅)

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
How would you rate the Titans amongst the other NRL clubs. Would they make your 8? No doubting Titans wanted to win. Who wants to lose? They have played better this season. Most of their errors were not as a result of Warriors pressure but moreso their own undoing. I'm not complaining about the win or the two points as at the end of the day that's all that matters. But to summarise, my point is we won. And we won because we were less worse than the Titans. That waa not a top 8 worthy performance by either team. Ill take that as its early on in the season. But we have had the easiest draw in the first 4 weeks of any teams, and it is no coincidence that our wins have been against teams who occupy the bottom 4. I guess the entire thing depends on what you define as 'credible'. If its 2 points yes we got that. If you consider that we are a threat to the comp, i respectfully disagree. I predict we will get a couple of wins against top 8 quality sides this year, but also get lots of thrashings. Our squad is far lower quality than most teams out there.
No I don't mean so credible that it points to us being a top eight team.

Just that some blokes wrote off the victory as a trifle. I think it was a real banana skin game and we did very well to win.

The game was not a race to the bottom by both sides; there was only one team playing terribly and that was them. We looked plausible and ok.

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Our squad is only lower quality because they keep losing
If they got on a winning streak like the start of last season
Everyone else would see them as I do.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I consider our wider squad is pretty good, Kearney however is an assistant coach who has fallen upwards. He has mana from his days as a player - but just doesn't have the stuff to make it as a head coach.

He is the weakness in our squad at the moment.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
If its 2 points yes we got that. If you consider that we are a threat to the comp, i respectfully disagree.
No top 8 team will be shitting about the Warriors this year.
Our squad was in the running for the minor premiers last year. We are a settled squad, (minus SJ) one year older and more experienced and with another year under corvo.
We are missing two good defensive players and underestimated their effect on the team performance. Everybody knew we would miss SJ on attack but the defence is a nasty shock.
We looked plausible and ok.
On attack it was, Our defence was still woeful, Souths will show that this week.
I consider our wider squad is pretty good, Kearney however is an assistant coach who has fallen upwards. He has mana from his days as a player - but just doesn't have the stuff to make it as a head coach.

It needs a Kiwi coach to set these fuckers on fire. Bringing in an Aussie firebrand is just going to make them sulk. If Kearney isn't the answer I hate to think what the actual question is. The brains trust are capable of building a squad in time, we just have to let them have it.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

BCB - Big Call Bro. But Im silently leaning on your side, hes better than cappy lets get that fn straight. His percentage with Warriors is 45%. Craig Bellamy is 68%, many years in the 80s and 70s including the 89% in 2007 when the clearly won the prem. Wayne Bennet 62% including the 45% he wasted on the shizer club Newcastle. Now those are the 2 best coaches imo. Now Boss man was an under study to both these Coaches and he was also helped by uncle Wayne for NZ.

WTF are we not seeing the results if hes following their processes. Now Ive talked about the disadvantage we have MAJORLY not being in Australia. But still 45%?

Admittedly things havnt gone well with SJ and then Green injury and we wanted to baby bubz into the halves role and he ended up being the only recognised halve in the game ROFL. Actually this is telling, because we all know Chanel is a 7. If you look on the Warriors website it clearly states CHT - Half, Adam Kieraighn 5/8th.

So lets cut the crap, our club deserves a coach who performs, so if SK doesnt in 2 years extension. I say lop him. By then CHT will be replacing Green and we will have bought a crying "Princess" back for unders. By the way Johnsons record at cronulla imo so far is 3/5 MIA, about right, hes 10th try assists which is where he usually sits.

OMFG. Imagined if we through every dollar we have including the kitchen sink at Luke Keary. We would definitely win prems with CHT at 7 and LK at 6. How long has he got on at the roosters?

He was waaaaaaaaaay out in front the best half or 6 last year and hes already 1st or 2nd this year. He is the player to let go of as many talentless twitswe paying resasonable money $300-$500k players and throw as much as the salary cap allows at Keary. Hes gonna have EVERYONE including Roosters paying imo the most ever for a player on resign, Im happy with $2m. See Shaun Johnson , you are worth $700k as a bottom of the top 10 6s, Luke Keary is class and worth $2m you tossa with your Zero personality on media and post match etc, grow some nads and be the man that you clearly think you are.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
No top 8 team will be shitting about the Warriors this year.

On attack it was, Our defence was still woeful, Souths will show that this week.
Whooooaah now cowboy. I normally agree with you, but I think we will make the top 8, im expecting 5 wins from next 6 games. I think you are also being a bit harsh on the defense, the issue was clearly fatigue, like we use to get 12 point leads chased down often. BUT Souths have the most run metres in the game and on average by a large margin. they STEAM roll anybody including easts. What they lack is gameplay options if you shut reynolds down. And ffs next time they are at home, you at marker and cook looks to run you break his legs with a Mus tackle as he has the most run metres in the game.

I personally quite enjoyed our offense and thought Hiku played better there than he has anywhere and omg can we please find Kata a new roll, he would make and ace 9 in training, screw trying to stop him from dummy half lol. Beale showed the reason he has 167 games and was once a marquee player and also in the NRL All Stars Team. Hes way too good to be in NSW cup. We fd over Clokstad and look how hes ripping up the headlines in his new team. Even Lino is going well. We dont manage our top NSW cup players well enough.

And when is Pulu back ?

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

🦄
Reaction score
throw as much as the salary cap allows at Keary. Hes gonna have EVERYONE including Roosters paying imo the most ever for a player on resign, Im happy with $2m.
Whattttt. You would be happy to pay 2m a SEASON for Keary?

I'm lost for words.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Top Bottom