Team List NRL 2019 Round 4 - Warriors v Titans TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Could a RTS switch to 6 help? And then we can play Hiku, Fus, or Perham at the back?

When Ponga switched to 6 they found he was actually touching the ball less than when was at FB, and getting it with less space to put on a step - this is why they've switched him back this week, despite some Lino fanboys here suggesting Lino has forced Ponga back. RTS would be a similar situation I imagine. Probably also why they've put Perham at the back again for ISP, though that could have also been to make room to inject some experience in Pewhairangi.

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
Keighran and CHT were ALWAYS going to get rotated, we already knew this. Yet when you see him replaced you all lose it?

He’s not a scapegoat, he wasn’t playing well enough and has things to work on, and CHT has his opportunity. Create hunger, competition, desire. No spot is safe.
Yes, agreed, rotation was - in all probability - what was always intended. But. And it’s a big BUT.

After last weekend’s debacle SK said that there’d have to be some change. So what happened? The only change he made to the starting 13 that wasn’t forced upon him by injury was to move Keighran to the reserves. In other words, Keighran is SK’s scapegoat - as confirmed by headlines like “Kearney wields the axe” - when it’s almost universally accepted on here and elsewhere that there are others who played like park players. That’s what people have been getting pissed off about, and rightly so.

And by the way, “No spot is safe.” Really!? Obviously some are. And that’s another thing which people have been getting pissed off about, and rightly so.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
OK guys and girls, or for bruce bruce 's sake, ladies and jellybeans. I am officially resigning as KFC president.
I just watched this

And it appears you are right. I can clearly see Kata is completely responsible for all of these.
Fusitua had a shocker as well.

Reactions: Stalefish540

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Quite a lot of change by kearney's standards. A couple of them are forced changes really, Lawton and Sao.

Lawton hasn't got a show of holding his spot. Not unless Roache has a season ending injury pulling on his jumper (possible).

AK might feel hard done by, but at least he didn't get dropped after almost scoring four try's on debut.

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
Last season the one thing that stood out to me in the early games was the impact on defence. When a Warriors player went into a tackle they hit hard and with effort. Each tackle didn’t amount to much by itself but over the period of the match it seemed to demoralize the oposition and sent a signal to them that anything’s they did would be hard. Over the season it seemed to wane to wear by halfway through it was gone.
This year they seem to have started the opposite way. With no conviction in each tackle.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Last season the one thing that stood out to me in the early games was the impact on defence. When a Warriors player went into a tackle they hit hard and with effort. Each tackle didn’t amount to much by itself but over the period of the match it seemed to demoralize the oposition and sent a signal to them that anything’s they did would be hard. Over the season it seemed to wane to wear by halfway through it was gone.
This year they seem to have started the opposite way. With no conviction in each tackle.
There was also 4 Warriors in a lot of tackles, and they were sprinting back to the line.

But those days are gone. Now they just clock in, collect their pay, and head home.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
When one thinks deeply about it the Bulldogs game was a blip. These guys have carried on from the first round of the playoffs.

However most e.g. RTS are putting in. There are some slackers in the pack dispiriting the rest of the side and there is nobody up their arse in ISP to make them pull finger. That is the only thing I can think of, and sadly if that is correct we are stuffed for another season.

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
[last season:] There was also 4 Warriors in a lot of tackles, and they were sprinting back to the line.

But those days are gone. Now they just clock in, collect their pay, and head home.
The big question has to be: what’s changed? The start to last season was amazing and after round 1 this year it looked like we were taking up where we’d left off. But with the last 2 games it’s like there’s a different team playing with Warriors jerseys on.
It’s easy to say it’s just a resurgence of the bro culture. If it is that, then why now? What’s happened to trigger it?
Is it that at some point, when most players on the pitch decide that they’re just not gonna win, that they also decide that they’re just not gonna even attempt to put in a performance worthy of the name?

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
The big question has to be: what’s changed? The start to last season was amazing and after round 1 this year it looked like we were taking up where we’d left off. But with the last 2 games it’s like there’s a different team playing with Warriors jerseys on.
It’s easy to say it’s just a resurgence of the bro culture. If it is that, then why now? What’s happened to trigger it?
Is it that at some point, when most players on the pitch decide that they’re just not gonna win, that they also decide that they’re just not gonna even attempt to put in a performance worthy of the name?
For me it comes back to that old saying, "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game."

What that means for all the Einstein's out there is, these players act like children, and need to learn the lessons we usually teach children.

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
Not a lot in the tackle stats, running meters etc...

Goal kicking is to AK. But CHT has him on field kicking meters and offloads.

I want to see our forwards pull their fingers out, so we can compare CHT (v the Titans) with AK (v the Dogs) to get some kind of idea what we're dealing with.

Otherwise we're just struggling around in the dark hurling insults at each other.

Yea the stats are the same except one is playing second fiddle in 1st grade the other one is meants to be driving the reserve grade team, does that not tell you something.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Yes, should be covering a lot more for the other players around him and the other side of the field too. Should be anticipating that a simple run from dummy half would beat the 4
Doesn't matter how many times this point is made - it's simply not going to sink in for some 'fans'. God knows what they think they've been watching in previous seasons.
Jesus, let it go, Shaun has gone. He didn’t want to be here so fuck him let’s go over it

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Yeah hoping CHT has a good game. Same with Sao or it'll revert back to Lisone next week when his suspension is over. Hopefully the boys, in Kearneys words "don't try too hard".

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
Doesn't matter how many times this point is made - it's simply not going to sink in for some 'fans'. God knows what they think they've been watching in previous seasons.
We were watching an exceptionally-gifted elite player playing like an exceptionally-gifted elite player, but on a part-time basis. But moving right along, this being 2019, my question was what’s changed, and that included what’s changed even over that short period from round 1 to round 2 of the 2019 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings