Team List NRL 2019 Round 4 - Warriors v Titans TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016

NZWF Official thread for the 2019 Round 4 Warriors team list and discussion...

The official team list will be posted as soon as it becomes available...

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Chanel Harris-Tavita
7 Blake Green
8 Agnatius Paasi
9 Karl Lawton
10 Leeson Ah Mau
11 Isaiah Papalii
12 Tohu Harris
13 Adam Blair

Interchange:
14 Jazz Tevaga
15 Bunty Afoa
16 Lachlan Burr
17 Ligi Sao
18 Gerard Beale
20 Leivaha Pulu
21 Adam Keighran
22 Blake Ayshford

Last edited:

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Jazz and Kata should be out. Not because they don't train hard enough, but because they don't perform on the field, and they have no track record of performance either. AK has to fail in a team that's giving him good opportunities to succeed before I'll pass judgment on him. But he's certainly not a guaranteed started.

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing!

Last edited:

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
If there aren't any changes, then Kearney needs to get the sack. hes had a couple of years to get the squad he wants and if he hasnt built depth in all positions, then its his fault. Honestly, wtf has the idiot been doing if the 17 that played last week is the best we have got.

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
I think he will show some patience. What concerns with the exception of a few players is the questioning of players resilience so early in the season.

If for i would hsve Roache starting and Luke to the bench and possibly find a place for Beale who is solid and dependable.

manunonu

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 13, 2015
the boys just have to keep to the process I mean the process is the plan and if we process good we will get the results which will be from sticking to the process right boys same team again this week and lets get processing.:finger:.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I'm expecting changes in the forward pack and bench. Manly targeted us through the middle, cutting back in behind the ruck and catching our markers out - the vast majority of their tries scored like that. (they also ran plays down our right side targeting Hiku and Ken for big metres coming out of their own zone)

Carrying Beale on the bench was a waste of time. We no longer have SJ so our pack needs to be better than the opposition in order for our less talented halves to have a chance. If we dont have forwards on the bench coming on and getting a roll on then get used to not scoring many points and conceding plenty.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I'm expecting changes in the forward pack and bench. Manly targeted us through the middle, cutting back in behind the ruck and catching our markers out - the vast majority of their tries scored like that. (they also ran plays down our right side targeting Hiku and Ken for big metres coming out of their own zone)

Carrying Beale on the bench was a waste of time. We no longer have SJ so our pack needs to be better than the opposition in order for our less talented halves to have a chance. If we dont have forwards on the bench coming on and getting a roll on then get used to not scoring many points and conceding plenty.
Do you think they should move Kata back to that side to shore up kens defence?

Personally I am just amazed we are talking about defence now, when this years focus should have been Attack. Seriously I know theres multiple threads but what the fuck went wrong?

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
Kata out for Beale and Hiku and Fus play on the right side together
Jazz out for anyone
Roache to start if fit in place of Luke, Issac to the bench
Pulu either to start or on the bench, Papalli and Burr to the bench
Add to that Harris back to right side like last year with Hiku and Fus,Ligi Sao gets a go now and Milne also comes in there somewhere if fit and ready.

Last edited:

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Do you think they should move Kata back to that side to shore up kens defence?

Personally I am just amazed we are talking about defence now, when this years focus should have been Attack. Seriously I know theres multiple threads but what the fuck went wrong?
Honestly, i don't think it is going to make a difference. It all starts up front and if we aren't getting at least parity then we are going to struggle. We have compensated by having big wingers and now RTS gaining us some yardage. We also had SJ, who while inconsistent, also put the defense in two minds with his jinking and jiving runs. How many times coming out of our own half did he and Tohu create space and yardage with their ability to get outside their man.

IMO I wouldn't have moved anyone around from last season. We finished one win (and a forward pass) off being minor preimiers. We should have stuck with the formula from rounds 1 -7 last year all season and in to this year. 1-5 same as last year. 6 and 7 not fussed who plays which side but its Green and AK. 8 -13 dont really care as long as Tohu is on the right and Isiah(Pulu?) on the left with Blair at 13 or interchange prop/13. Bench one utility which SK loves Jazz so its going to be him and 3 forwards who can make impact. As soon as Pulu is fit i would play him. I also don't know why Sao is not used. I don't mind Burr, seems to be playing ok. My preference would be to not have Jazz but have someone like Roach or Lawton who provide energy at 9. Luke cant play the big minutes and shouldnt. Historically Warriors sides have done well with forwards coming off the bench and getting fast play the balls for dummy half runs.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Now's your chance to prove how p-off you really are SK. They 'know' you never change even when you are upset.
Let them find out how really upset you are...change dammit. Sao, Roache/Lawton (not both), Pulu, Beale in; Luke, Kata, Tevanga, Burr out (unfortunate for Burr as he was no worse than the others, but statements need to be made)
Do it!

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Pompey in for Kata but i doubt it.
Lawton in if Roache and Luke are not ready but i doubt it
Sao to replace Blair but i doubt it.
Pulu in for Papalii but i doubt it.
Paulos Latu to hulk smash everyone coming at him,kid is an enforcer.But i doubt it.

Same team,probably make Burr the victim and he was one of our solid performers from the Manly game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings