Post Match NRL 2019 - Round 3 - Manly vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Rating

• Total voters
Not true. Basketball is a far less physical sport where players are rotated regularly so the travel is not such a factor.

There is also a huge international pool of players to draw from not just the local talent.

I wont say anything about the All blacks 1 because they are the All blacks and 2 because they are the All blacks.

My point is that the NRL is so competitive that any sort of disadvantage can be the difference between top and bottom 8. We travel almost twice as much as any other team. We constantly struggle to be seen as a legitimate landing spot for high caliber talent let alone the ability to retain our own because face it why would you want to move to Auckland when you can land anywhere else.

We are fucking $1 million under the cap when every single other team has shown that the only way to win sometimes is by cheating and paying players in brown paper bags. you cant tell me the Roosters would be where they are simply if they had a good culture and work ethic

All of these things combined we are not a competitive club even before the cultural changes or all that shit gets sorted out.

Thats why i enjoyed watching the warriors because i knew they would let me down most of the time but at least entertain the shit out of me when they were firing. It just wasn't fair on them to expect it every single week knowing what we know. But now we are a fucking boring team who will play boring footy and disappoint us even more.
Last year we won more games away than at home. This club can win the premiership. But we have to do everything well. Just like all the other clubs.

Last year two Sydney teams finished 15 and 16. They have every advantage in the world as far as this comp is concerned, but yet they came in dead last.

The only reason we don't win more is because we don't play the game properly.

Last year we won more games away than at home. This club can win the premiership. But we have to do everything well. Just like all the other clubs.

Last year two Sydney teams finished 15 and 16. They have every advantage in the world as far as this comp is concerned, but yet they came in dead last.

The only reason we don't win more is because we don't play the game properly.

And that’s why the warriors will never win a premiership. No margin for error. We are not a full season team. Too many factors against us to be that consistently good.

Just go with it will ya it’s the only thing making me feel good right now

And that’s why the warriors will never win a premiership. No margin for error. We are not a full season team. Too many factors against us to be that consistently good.

Just go with it will ya it’s the only thing making me feel good right now
I don't get it. The only thing making me feel good is the idea that if they fixed up their mistakes they could win.

Isn't that the no.1 quality of a supporter? Believing you can win?

If someone doesn't believe in me, they're not my supporter.

But in saying all that, there's no way in hell this team can win the comp this year. I fully accepted that after the Tigers game.

Let the rebuild begin - again.

I don't get it. The only thing making me feel good is the idea that if they fixed up their mistakes they could win.

Isn't that the no.1 quality of a supporter? Believing you can win?

If someone doesn't believe in me, they're not my supporter.

But in saying all that, there's no way in hell this team can win the comp this year. I fully accepted that after the Tigers game.

Let the rebuild begin - again.

I can watch them without thinking we will win. In fact its the only thing that makes me feel better wen we lose.

They entertain me. I feel distracted from the world and absorbed in the contest especially when the boys are on. I limit my expectations to these moments rather than the whole season let alone multiple seasons.

I'm sorry but I'm a by product of my team. I wont judge you for thinking any other way but expecting the Warriors to win the comp is like expecting your child to be great in this world knowing full well survival is hard enough.

I can watch them without thinking we will win. In fact its the only thing that makes me feel better wen we lose.

They entertain me. I feel distracted from the world and absorbed in the contest especially when the boys are on. I limit my expectations to these moments rather than the whole season let alone multiple seasons.

I'm sorry but I'm a by product of my team. I wont judge you for thinking any other way but expecting the Warriors to win the comp is like expecting your child to be great in this world knowing full well survival is hard enough.
So that would be participation trophies all around then? Thanks for showing up?

We need to make sure there's nobody thinking like this in the team.

Oh wait, that's most of them. Damn.

Can we have 2 post match thread. 1 for all the doom and gloomers wanting to sack half the team and coach and play the next game with 6 debutants. The ones who always blame the refs and criticise decisions they were praising 2 weeks ago. 2nd for people to have an adult discussion on what is missing and how we can improve
Well if some of us didn't underestimate certain opposition players perhaps we could oblige you in an "adult discussion"..

Reactions: Mr Brownstone
I feel distracted from the world and absorbed in the contest especially when the boys are on.
Wow, your world must be really upside down to call it an absorbing contest.

But I agree with your sentiment in general and knowing we can't change what the Warriors do so enjoy it for what it is, a game..

that we lost again:banghead::bawling::dead:

• Haha
Reactions: Defence and jonno
Wow, your world must be really upside down to call it an absorbing contest.

But I agree with your sentiment in general and knowing we can't change what the Warriors do so enjoy it for what it is, a game..

that we lost again:banghead::bawling::dead:

I'm not talking about every game. There were at least 4-5 games last year that kept on the edge of my seat and regardless of the outcome was proud of the boys. For me that was absorbing. Obviously getting thrashed by Manly wouldn't fit that description.

The team believes they can win thats the only reason I watch them, I'm just talking from a supporters perspective.
I do get where you're coming come. They are a brutal team to support a lot of the time.

But they've always got so much potential,,,,, if they'd just get their heads out of the bottoms.

I thought the no Dick head policy and a will to give it their best shot on the field was what we were looking at.

Kata might be a nice lad but he is predictable. They have changed their combinations to accommodate him a total disaster.

Blair is missing in action a reserve at best.

If we loose to the Titans and that is on the cards then as many here say it is a long season.

I remember the sack cappy forums, many funny but a lot very cryptic and not to caring.
Well I think the club will have to refund quite a few tickets.

I really thought with the new structures we would have at least put up more of a fight.

Manly's forwards and back rowers were good - the Titans will have an even bigger pack - Wallace/Arrow/James isn't a bad line up and then throw in that big human Boyd. I see too that Ash Taylor is a possibility to start?

Reactions: Defence
We are eating metres, in both the losses, building great pressure but just failing to convert. Terrible kicking game from Keighran and hes just not running right drawing and passing and well is Kata getting the ball and holding onto it?

Keighrans bombs arent even 2nd grade quality. We need Maumolo and Fusitua under ever kick 30m from the goal line and we need the ball through the hands, draw and pass for the overlap for Ken.

IMO

Swap Hiku back to the right

Give Chanel a go, I know hes a 7, but no better way to learn than next to Green and he was just as fast if not faster in pre season and he has a mean step like Johnson. He also has an accurate bomb.

If we cant score in 5 straight seats its time to reverse the changes and get Chanel Harris-Tavita on. Im not paying money for George Clooney to screw our club up by telling Johnson where to go if hes not going to fix it. This ISNT a club we are proud of you ding bat. This should have been our year, we cant have supposed Management opening their gobs before going through the process and asking a player to improve and if he does renew the contract. Hes in the wrong game.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Also 2nd to Burr being unfairly targeted, piling on AK when we have the worst DH service in the comp is also stupid.

Panthers analysis in the media points that it's the weak service from DH that may be killing their game, and their halves are Cleary and Maloney.

No coincidence that we steamrolled Dogs with Roache at 9, (and AK looked the goods) and have been crushed when having an unfit Luke and a glacially slow Jazz providing service.

I missed this Soward story.

Can someone bring me up to speed?

And I'm not talking Warriors line speed either!
Can't remember what thread it is in but Soward was being questioned on Twitter as to why he had the Warriors below the Tigers in his NRL power rankings after the round 1 effort. He was responding to the criticisms by saying that one opening season result shouldn't mean a team sails up the power rankings as that's not the way it works. As much as it hurts to say it his power rankings are about spot on at the moment.

Can't remember what thread it is in but Soward was being questioned on Twitter as to why he had the Warriors below the Tigers in his NRL power rankings after the round 1 effort. He was responding to the criticisms by saying that one opening season result shouldn't mean a team sails up the power rankings as that's not the way it works. As much as it hurts to say it his power rankings are about spot on at the moment.
Lol...

Thanks for that.

tajhay

🏉
Yeah pretty much. In other news Stuff.co.nz reporter Jackson Thomas who did week one of his own take of power rankings (where he rated all round 1 winners in top 8...) and ranked Warriors #2 has stopped doing them as he tries to grasp how power rankings work. He should just talk to Soward as Soward's explanation is spot on.

Also 2nd to Burr being unfairly targeted, piling on AK when we have the worst DH service in the comp is also stupid.

Panthers analysis in the media points that it's the weak service from DH that may be killing their game, and their halves are Cleary and Maloney.

No coincidence that we steamrolled Dogs with Roache at 9, (and AK looked the goods) and have been crushed when having an unfit Luke and a glacially slow Jazz providing service.
That's not how it works around here bud. Players have to prove their metal under the most extreme and ridiculous of circumstances, otherwise they are mud. :wacky:

AK is here to learn how to kick with 3 defenders right on top of him. Once he's got that mastered he can go back to Sydney and play for a real club.