Team List NRL 2019 Round 22 - Roosters vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Reaction score
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
25 is not “young”

Kata is, 24 and everyone says he’s done so why does Kodi get a pass for all his flaws?

Johnson is 28 and people argue he’s past his peak so where’s the consistency?

Ken Maumalo is now 25 has sorted out all his weaknesses so why not KN?
Maybe kodi gets a couple more years reduced for being bit shorter?
Though, in this recent school photo
he’s definitely one of the bigger kids in his class 😜

Last edited:
Reaction score

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
25 is not “young”

Kata is, 24 and everyone says he’s done so why does Kodi get a pass for all his flaws?

He is not young but I don't get the anti feeling towards the guy here. He has only played 10 games for the Warriors for 5 wins, a draw and 4 losses. He sparked the left side in the draw agains the Broncos. In the 9th game he scored a pivotal try and was injured in the play. In the 10th he was clearly still carrying the injury, further injured it, only played 20 minutes. The score when he left the field was 12-0 and 34-12 after he left. While he got slammed I would hardly say his performance was the decisive factor. There are plenty of quality halves who are crap defenders, Maloney, Brooks, Hunt, Nikorima would be up there in that category, that's 2 current origin players, the Dally M Half and Niko.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He is not young but I don't get the anti feeling towards the guy here. He has only played 10 games for the Warriors for 5 wins, a draw and 4 losses. He sparked the left side in the draw agains the Broncos. In the 9th game he scored a pivotal try and was injured in the play. In the 10th he was clearly still carrying the injury, further injured it, only played 20 minutes. The score when he left the field was 12-0 and 34-12 after he left. While he got slammed I would hardly say his performance was the decisive factor. There are plenty of quality halves who are crap defenders, Maloney, Brooks, Hunt, Nikorima would be up there in that category, that's 2 current origin players, the Dally M Half and Niko.
I don’t know.

Because he’s not Shaun Johnson ?

Prejudice against short people?

Not good enough for the Broncos, so not good enough for us?

I don’t hate the guy but he’s not met my lofty expectations yet.

He should be peaking at 25.

Reaction score
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He is not young but I don't get the anti feeling towards the guy here. He has only played 10 games for the Warriors for 5 wins, a draw and 4 losses...
I'm doubting anybody here is actually hating on Kodi, far from it..

There just happens to be a run of good form in the halves recently with CHT playing out of his skin (while KN was out injured obviously) and sadly we know Green isn't going anywhere as the “steadying influence” so we’ve got genuine competition finally for the other spot.

As you've pointed out Kodi's had a fairly solid run so far when he's been able to take to the field and I thought we’d really miss his absence recently but CHT stepped up like we hoped he would.

So we being the despicable human beings we are? (myself included) are looking for faults that aren’t really justified, comes with territory when you play for the warriors and picking on Steve seems boring this week.. 😜

Reaction score
ja_weez

ja_weez

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
25 is not “young”

At a guess for Ken - Because he has been played in the same position for his entire first grade career, got consistent minutes and was allowed opportunities to develop after making mistakes. It's a bit of a stretch the say he has sorted all his weaknesses, he still makes so pretty bad decisions on D and positioning. I'm still hopeful he'll improve.

Never said Kodi was young, only that he was young enough to get better. I'd argue that halves take longer to develop. Kodi has been bounced around a few different roles while he was at the broncos, so while he's been in the league a few seasons I'm not sure how many games he's had as a first choice 6 or 7, maybe a season? Not sure. Also the responsibilities of position is much greater than winger.

Top Bottom