Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

Votes: 24 18.0%
  • F-

Votes: 107 80.5%

• Total voters

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I don't know. The critic in me says we give him too much credit for doing the basics right. Just like we do for Kata when it comes to passing. We shouldn't give credit for basic football skills when it comes to professional players.

I would like to clarify that I also like a winger to be fast and elusive. These days you need a bloody good forward pack to allow for the Addo-Carr types.

It is a real shame that a lot of modern day professional sports require people to be giants. The NRL really misses the little men, and we lose a lot of the skill and entertainment that comes with them.

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
I wasn't banned. I'll not be throwing the mods under the bus today.

I just find that I enjoy the Warriors a lot more when I don't spend the entire off season complaining about them.

Not banned?

So what was it?

New girl in your life? Unlikely.

New job as an fx trader? Doubtful.

Gone into politics to make NZ great again? ha!

Anyway, until the mods get sick of you again, good to have you back.

Beastmode

Contributor
Dude the off season is the most positive time. We don't start bagging them until the first loss.

Totally the best time of year. All their chiselled bodies from working out too much at the gym. When they talk about the hardest pre season ever. When we all have high hopes and dreams of great things to come.......

only for it to be crushed in rd 2....

Totally the best time of year. All their chiselled bodies from working out too much at the gym. When they talk about the hardest pre season ever. When we all have high hopes and dreams of great things to come.......

only for it to be crushed in rd 2....
It was a lot more pleasant last year when our hopes weren't crushed until round 6 or whatever it was. I could of got used to that.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
Couldn't sleep, so felt the need to burn my corneas some more and watched the replay. I can't believe how terrible Blair is, and the fact we are paying such a sizeable chunk next year also, that is really bad management. Joe Vuna was a huge loss for us, I had him becoming one of our starting edge rowers in time..now look who we're stuck paying/playing.

Also the Ken situation, he buffed the first one by going for the corner(admittedly he was a long way out to start with). But the next opportunity he pulled up on his run, and ducked inside for the try. I like where Kens heading, and he is necessary with our powder puff forward pack.

I haven't had much to say on this game, just a whinge on Lisone... best learn from it and move on. ( I can't believe we haven't learnt yet )
My big Gripe, besides the simple dropped balls and other mistakes is:

the URGENCY not shown to get to the loose ball on the ground!
I have coached under 6's and older League in Auckland before, and this was one of the steadfast rules instilled in my team along with other basics like not going over the sideline in possession.

Beastmode

Contributor
I haven't had much to say on this game, just a whinge on Lisone... best learn from it and move on. ( I can't believe we haven't learnt yet )
My big Gripe, besides the simple dropped balls and other mistakes is:

the URGENCY not shown to get to the loose ball on the ground!
I have coached under 6's and older League in Auckland before, and this was one of the steadfast rules instilled in my team along with other basics like not going over the sideline in possession.

That was on Kata. Twice.

Just stood there looking at the ball waiting for Jazz to jump on it while the Tigers kindly scooped it up with a big thank you.

I’m seeing a pattern here...

Couldn't sleep, so felt the need to burn my corneas some more and watched the replay. I can't believe how terrible Blair is, and the fact we are paying such a sizeable chunk next year also, that is really bad management. Joe Vuna was a huge loss for us, I had him becoming one of our starting edge rowers in time..now look who we're stuck paying/playing.

Also the Ken situation, he buffed the first one by going for the corner(admittedly he was a long way out to start with). But the next opportunity he pulled up on his run, and ducked inside for the try. I like where Kens heading, and he is necessary with our powder puff forward pack.
Blair averages by season:

2015 - 96% tackle efficiency 94 run m - season errors 4
2016 - 94% tackle - 86 run m - errors 7
2017 - 93% tackle - 86 run m - errors 12
2018 - 91% tackle - 59 run m - errors 13

See a pattern?

Last edited:
That was on Kata. Twice.

Just stood there looking at the ball waiting for Jazz to jump on it while the Tigers kindly scooped it up with a big thank you.

I’m seeing a pattern here...
I just cant get over him lying round holding his eye while they attacked our line, it is haunting me. If you have any pride dont you think "fuck my eye hurts but I aint gonna let that get in the way of stopping these guys scoring again" not "boohoo my eye hurts" ur not 4 years old ffs. If the eye had come out and was in his hand I might feel different but he was back playing again a minute later.

Blair averages by season:

2015 - 96% tackle efficiency 94 run m
2016 - 94% tackle - 86 run m
2017 - 93% tackle - 86 run m
2018 - 91% tackle - 59 run m

See a pattern?
Those run metres have gone off a cliff and he makes so few tackles for the minutes he is on that tackle efficiency probably doesnt matter.
I think he was a good buy to change culture but now its changed we need good players.

Beastmode

Contributor
I just cant get over him lying round holding his eye while they attacked our line, it is haunting me. If you have any pride dont you think "fuck my eye hurts but I aint gonna let that get in the way of stopping these guys scoring again" not "boohoo my eye hurts" ur not 4 years old ffs. If the eye had come out and was in his hand I might feel different but he was back playing again a minute later.

Totally, if he stood up and got back into position as marker, no way they score that try.

He basically did a Koni Hurrell. Another show pony when it comes to over exaggerating injuries.

Reactions: Hazman and Sup42