General NRL 2019 Round 2 - General Discussion

Raiders hanging tough. In the past they'd have opened the floodgates by now. Just feel they're missing that couple of experienced players who know how to turn a game on defence and a tactical half to organize attack. They look dangerous but need a few sets back to back in Storm half.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Raiders hanging tough. In the past they'd have opened the floodgates by now. Just feel they're missing that couple of experienced players who know how to turn a game on defence and a tactical half to organize attack. They look dangerous but need a few sets back to back in Storm half.
I knida feel they had those repeat sets, but panicked early. Also thought they milked the penalty against Cam when he held his ground, turned around and ran into him from behind. Best dive I have seen in ages

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
CNK might go the way of brad abbey, he does some good stuff but is a bit of a mixed bag. Hope I am wrong but that would be a first.

The Warriors put some great bulk on him, which is what he needed before he entered first grade. He looks really strong in the tackle now, which he definitely wasn't in the past. His opportunity is now, and it might be the last in the NRL so I hope he makes a fist of it.

That second Vunivalu try was a wtf moment though! What was he doing?

The Raiders have managed to claw it back a bit but the first half looked like an opposed training run at some points with the way Melbourne would bring the Raiders left side in then spread it to their (Storm) right. That was after Stuart said he's spent the off season working on their defense.

Reactions: Hazman and gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
the raiders keep throwing these massive wayward passes. Its like they are not looking at whats happening around them and just keep trying to play set moves all the time.

Storm arent as clinical as they once were, they are awesome when they are on but have clocked off in periods just like last week. Might just be early season stuff but I need t find some chink in the armour.

Reactions: Hazman and gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Storm arent as clinical as they once were, they are awesome when they are on but have clocked off in periods just like last week. Might just be early season stuff but I need t find some chink in the armour.

Yea its like they came out early in the second half thinking that they had already won the game

Reactions: Hazman and Tragic