Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
I rarely comment on SK's selections, but playing Hiku on the wing would suit the defence I would have thought. He can probably only move one direction out there. Very strange IMO.
That was a guess I took by the way, just said Ashford is into the side. Beale could move to left wing, Ashford right centre, Hiku left centre. Could be any combination, won't find out till kickoff.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Definitely on the improve since those dark days of rounds 2 and 3.. We compete!!

This comment is so bad and is reflected by SK. We should always compete - don’t know why we’re listing it now as a KPI and celebrating, even when we lose. Most kids play sport with mates in the back yard ( or local parks these days) and compete. I’m a little lost for words.

• Love
Reactions: bruce
X
This comment is so bad and is reflected by SK. We should always compete - don’t know why we’re listing it now as a KPI and celebrating, even when we lose. Most kids play sport with mates in the back yard ( or local parks these days) and compete. I’m a little lost for words.
Well yes it is an awful reflection - but on what was. To have us staying in games and not getting complete drubbings in matches coz “we’re gonna lose!” is actually an incredibly positive change. Even last year that was still happening. Titans game, anyone?

Now if we can just sort out that finickety little issue of scoring a lot of points...

There are 16 NRL teams and I guarantee every one of them goes out to compete every week. Fact of the matter is every year someone’s going to get the spoon and half the teams will miss the top 8 even though they are all individually competing the best they can.

‘Compete’ is a loaded term. Within that there is form, strategy, selection and then the squads base fitness level, skill levels, injuries, experience, etc.

I can support the team if they ‘compete’ where everyone tries but we lose. We have built through the season and are competitive, even when we don’t get the results. Whereas at the start of the season there were a number of issues in the squad that definitely affected the performance.

bruce

Contributor
Come on guys you know? - COMPETE..

Complete sets
Offload (when appropriate)
Maintain possession
Pressure defence
Earn penalties
Take your opportunities!
Eye gouge your opponent - sorry got carried away! 😜
Compete means you want it more than the other guy. When these guys find out the other guy REALLY wants it they have been dropping their lips and backing off. That seems to be changing, too slowly for this season, maybe just too slowly.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Status
Not open for further replies.