Team List NRL 2019 Round 16 - Knights v Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Bruce, we are all a bunch of dreamers on here, forget the realists because they’re not fans.

As much as the team and players are continually bagged we continue to support them, because we are true fans, and true fans never throw in the towel and stop supporting their team no matter how bad it gets and that’s what makes supporting this team so bloody frustrating and that’s why when they do come good it’s going to be something else .. Amen 🙏
Being a true fan shouldn’t be exclusive to being objective or having insight. Plenty of ‘true fans’ could see this season unfolding the way it has.

I don’t think the team has that much improvement in it, we have no kicker with range and Green is slow with suspect game management this year.

Our back row is shitty. I can see them winning 2 of the last ten - if we are lucky.

The best we looked this year was against Melbourne at Anzac Day.

Reactions: OMG and FuNQie
Go Kodi, tell them to sort their shit out.

Warriors halfback Kodi Nikorima calls crisis meeting with senior playing group
Stuff NZ

Kodi Nikorima came to the Warriors from one of the most successful clubs in NRL history, and he has had to draw on what he learnt in Brisbane in a recent meeting with senior players.

The Warriors season hangs in the balance ahead of this weekend's show down with the high-flying Newcastle Knights.

In order to return to the NRL finals, the Warriors must win at least eight of their remaining 10 matches - nine to be safe - and the playing group are beginning to feel the pressure.

During his time in Brisbane, Nikorima was surrounded by a host of established leaders and super coach Wayne Bennett.

"Yeah I addressed the leadership group privately, and just said there's no point thinking too far ahead. It was a pretty simple message," he said.

"When you start thinking about competition points or all that external stuff now, that's when errors occur in games. You start trying too hard and your execution can slip.

"For us it's about nailing our jobs and not worrying so much about the two points. If we do our roles well the rest will come naturally and that's pretty much what I said."

Captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck believed it was a message well received.

"Kodi is about just staying in the moment and we all heard what he had to say," he said.

"Whether it's gym or training just coming in with that focus. Perform wherever we are, let's not worry about getting two points just perform at training and nail our jobs, that's been his message and it's a good one."

Since his mid-season switch to the Warriors Nikorima hit the ground running with a string of good individual performances.

But he was kept relatively quiet in his side's one-point loss to the Panthers on Sunday, one lamented post match by coach Stephen Kearney.

His own harshest critic, Nikorima said he had reviewed the performance and was ready to bounce back in a big way against the Knights

"It was a tight game there against Penrith, but one we ultimately let slip," he said.

"They did their homework on me, plenty of pressure on me when I go the ball and shut down that timing. I will address that this week and focus on keeping my depth.

"I didn't get many opportunities and was probably a bit quiet but the biggest thing was we didn't win. I strive to win so regardless whether the stat line says I played well or not I just want to win. "

Nikorima's biggest strength is his running game and Kearney said he wanted his halfback to get back to that.

"We know Kodi can provide us with a great deal when he carries the footy. I want him to do that consistently and he's hurting himself, he knows he should have been a lot better (on Sunday)," he said.

blah blah blah blah blah

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
I was thinking that as well. I’m pretty sure Kata scored one in the 1st game against the bulldogs other than that nothing. I’m actually struggling to recall tries from outside of 20m.
Geez you're doing well...i'm struggling to remember trys inside the 20 atm.

Reactions: bruce
Good talk from Kodi. They'll wear him down soon.

On the long range tries, I've been saying that for weeks. Even our better results have been through battling our way up field and scoring from within the 20 with it being more due to weight of possession than us doing anything special. More of a war of attrition type football.

We seem off the pace so maybe we are not winning the war of nutrition to steal a David Kidwell quote. The wi has always been ki.

bruce

Contributor
Good talk from Kodi. They'll wear him down soon.
I think they started the minute he walked in the door. Full of hard Aussie professionalism that showed a lot of them up for what they were so in true bro style they are sorting him out, from the sounds of it AK got the same treatment although SK was quick to point out he arrived unfit. I would love to be a fly on the wall at training these days. My guess is they are good in the gym on the weights, sure looks like that on the field.

wrighty

I find that if you don't cheer for the warriors but instead root for them do a loose carry or knock the ball on, or incorrectly play the ball the game becomes enjoyable. When they do screw up you laugh instead of getting wound up and shaking your fist. It is very relaxing. Sort of like watching it as a neutral and watching a comedy.

I find that if you don't cheer for the warriors but instead root for them do a loose carry or knock the ball on, or incorrectly play the ball the game becomes enjoyable. When they do screw up you laugh instead of getting wound up and shaking your fist. It is very relaxing. Sort of like watching it as a neutral and watching a comedy.

You sound like a seasoned warriors supporter, everyone thinks like that after a while

So no Saifiti, Klemmer, Glasby, Pearce, Ponga or Edrick Lee
Their forwards are still be decent however and although Buhrer has been named in the halves Kurt Mann would probably switch to there from center and Sione Mata'utia or someone else move to centre. So a solid but unspectacular line up.
We can win this but SK needs to change his tactics and get the ball to Ken and Fusitua running two or three passes wide on the kick return, running at the likes of Lino and Mann. Use the ball and the width of the filed a lot more on subsequent tackles and get Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Nikorima and Hiku more involved. Back up every runner. No more sets filled with predictable and non threatening hit ups one off the ruck with no support. Play to the strengths of the squad. Not saying is a strong squad but..

Lot of doom and gloom about but it’s a new week, new opponent, new opportunity for players to make their mark.

We have struggled but the season isn’t a disaster. We have been competitive and I feel as a group the players are actually putting in. 5 of our losses have been by 6 points or less... our for and against places us 9th which to me is a fair reflection of our consistancy. We have issues but effort is not one of them, it’s a lack of X factor players. The blow outs that used to be a regular occurrence have been replaced by a competitive team every week, even when we don’t get the results.

In my mind we’re building for next year now but wins are still crucial for the players belief, belief in our systems and for the fans. We need new recruits to be competitive but we need the core of our squad to keep growing and developing.

Newcastle are a good team this year but weak with all their players out. No reason we can’t smash them if we keep the intensity levels up. Warriors by 12+ 💪

I was thinking that as well. I’m pretty sure Kata scored one in the 1st game against the bulldogs other than that nothing. I’m actually struggling to recall tries from outside of 20m.

It was Roache, though Kata started it with a pass to Fusitua. And yes, after watching all tries so far this year I can confirm that was the only one from our half. There are a number of tries from the 30-40m line though, the common factor in all of them is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Lot of doom and gloom about but it’s a new week, new opponent, new opportunity for players to make their mark.

We have struggled but the season isn’t a disaster. We have been competitive and I feel as a group the players are actually putting in. 5 of our losses have been by 6 points or less... our for and against places us 9th which to me is a fair reflection of our consistancy. We have issues but effort is not one of them, it’s a lack of X factor players. The blow outs that used to be a regular occurrence have been replaced by a competitive team every week, even when we don’t get the results.

In my mind we’re building for next year now but wins are still crucial for the players belief, belief in our systems and for the fans. We need new recruits to be competitive but we need the core of our squad to keep growing and developing.

Newcastle are a good team this year but weak with all their players out. No reason we can’t smash them if we keep the intensity levels up. Warriors by 12+ 💪
You'll need to be very careful about posting positive comments on here Wizzards Rage.
The modus Operandi is to be as negative as hell and bag the coach. Keep up your current activities and logical considerations (toughest comp in the world, less than 6 points difference, untimely injuries or drop in form to key folks etc) and you'll very quickly get ostracised or deemed to be Cameron George. :p

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
No regrets as Lino eyes chance to step up against former club

Newcastle playmaker Mason Lino has no regrets about leaving the Warriors as he prepares to face his former club for the first time on Saturday night.

Lino's off-season departure at the Warriors came just five weeks before marquee man Shaun Johnson moved to the Sharks in abrupt fashion, leaving the Auckland-based club scrambling for a big-name replacement.

Lino had a season left to run on his existing deal across the Tasman but opted for a career and lifestyle change to the Hunter despite the likes of Mitchell Pearce, Kalyn Ponga and Connor Watson already being on the books.

Fast forward nine months and Lino has become a handy back-up for the Knights, helping ease their representative and injury woes.
He's also adapted to life in Australia with the help of Newcastle and Samoan teammates James Gavet, Hymel Hunt, Herman Ese'ese and Sione Mata'utia.

"There's no regrets there," Lino told NRL.com.

"I could have stayed at the Warriors for another season but liked what Browny offered me in terms of what he could do with my game and I'm enjoying my time at the club in a different system.

"A lot of people have asked me about Shaun but there are no guarantees. It's been good to make a move and it's worked out for them now with Kodi over there.

"I've had to adjust to living in another country with my wife and we're really enjoying it."

Lino delivered a man-of-the-match performance against the Broncos last start with a try assist for Shaun Kenny-Dowall. He also kicked five goals from as many attempts and finished off an individual bust from Jesse Ramien to ensure the victory.

The Knights endured a tumultuous start to the week, losing Kalyn Ponga for at least a fortnight to a calf injury before players Mitchell Pearce and David Klemmer were called up for NSW duty to go with Daniel Saifiti and Tim Glasby's Origin selections on Monday.

Lino now looms as a key against his former side.

"I'm playing with a bit of confidence now compared to when I first came in for my club debut and got the knee injury," Lino said.

"It's not too bad a role at the moment, I get excited with every opportunity. I'm enjoying my footy and the chance to do it at the Knights.

"Hopefully I get a few more over next month or so and get the team to the finals.

"The Warriors ... that will be fun. I've been good mates with most of them so they'll probably try and look for me in the defence."

While he won't be out there alongside him, Lino couldn't help but add what Pearce had done for his game.

"It's so much easier, he's the brains of the team and I just play eyes up," he said.

"He's yelling at me all the time but it's positive stuff. He's always telling me to keep my eyes up and if it's on to take it on. I get a lot of confidence from that."

Status
Not open for further replies.