General NRL 2019 Round 16 - General Discussion

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ

A thread for all 2019 Round 16 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week.
Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you.

THURSDAY 4TH JULY
Dragons vs Storm
Venue: WIN Stadium

FRIDAY 5TH JULY 9:55pm (NZT)
Wests Tigers vs Roosters
Venue: Bankwest Stadium

SATURDAY 6TH JULY 9:35pm (NZT)
Knights vs Warriors
Venue: McDonald Jones Stadium

SUNDAY 7TH JULY 6:05pm (NZT)
Sharks vs Broncos
Venue: PointsBet Stadium

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
The game between the Storm and the Dragons was closer than I expected. But the Storm keep marching on.

Billy Walters should probably be playing regular first grade.

Good to see Brandon Smith get a start. Crazy to think it was only his second NRL game of his career as a starter considering his heroics for the Kiwis.

The new kid Tino Fa'asuamaleaui who debuted off the bench for the Storm is an absolute giant of a human, nearly up to NAS standards. He's listed as 197cm and 107kg at 19 years of age. I see he's born in NSW, raised in QLD and of Samoan descent. Should be an interesting one for rep teams to sort out if he gets that far eventually.

All fairly clear cut games this weekend on paper but you know there'll be an upset somewhere along the way.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
The game between the Storm and the Dragons was closer than I expected. But the Storm keep marching on.

Billy Walters should probably be playing regular first grade.

Good to see Brandon Smith get a start. Crazy to think it was only his second NRL game of his career as a starter considering his heroics for the Kiwis.

The new kid Tino Fa'asuamaleaui who debuted off the bench for the Storm is an absolute giant of a human, nearly up to NAS standards. He's listed as 197cm and 107kg at 19 years of age. I see he's born in NSW, raised in QLD and of Samoan descent. Should be an interesting one for rep teams to sort out if he gets that far eventually.

All fairly clear cut games this weekend on paper but you know there'll be an upset somewhere along the way.
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui has already played for QLD under 18's I think. mind you that means SFA these days

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Lino worries me though, can’t help feeling he could play a major role in proceedings, what the Italians call ‘the immutable law of the ex’
Mate I will bloody well guarantee it. I would love to see him shove it up their arses especially of he can run a ring around rock star Fusitua.

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 18, 2013
With so many injuries at the Knights we should win this. Lino worries me though, can’t help feeling he could play a major role in proceedings, what the Italians call ‘the immutable law of the ex’

his kicking game last week was really good! so impressed

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Mate I will bloody well guarantee it. I would love to see him shove it up their arses especially of he can run a ring around rock star Fusitua.
i know u've written the season off. but i havent and i hope the warriors tear them and him a new one. And i like the guy

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
i know u've written the season off. but i havent and i hope the warriors tear them and him a new one. And i like the guy
Lino has ticker. Some of our guys don't, end of story. I feel sorry for those who do, I really do. They should be allowed to have a free for all at training and beat the shite out of the slackers.

Reactions: Aman

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

By all accounts we are at full strength.

Knights have been ravaged by injury and SOO. It’s practically their ISP squad.

If we don’t win by +20 tomorrow all hell will break lose.....or maybe just me...:mad:

Reactions: OMG

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Liking the Tigger jersey,has the OG Balmain flavour in it.
Joseph Manu looking pretty deadly at the back.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
By all accounts we are at full strength.

Knights have been ravaged by injury and SOO. It’s practically their ISP squad.

If we don’t win by +20 tomorrow all hell will break lose in here... or maybe just me...:mad:
You think they will win? Dream on.

Reactions: davo

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
Dugan is the biggest Hollywood when he gets hurt, you think he is gone for the season the way he carries on then a minute later he is up and running again
I think Dugans actually held together with electrical tape and stick on tattoos!
There’s a pretty geriatric side to the Sharks in Gallen, Morris and Dugan. They all get up off the deck like they’ve got a tequila and red wine hangover!
Side note - it’s quite fun watching Shaun Johnson when you can just enjoy the good stuff with ball in hand and ignore the fact the guy is allergic to tackling!

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
So comparing first half efforts - these Toddler Broncos currently going around against the Sharks 🦈 have more attacking shape and intent than the Warriors of last night. Probably a similar first half error count to us but it’s off the back of effort.

Reactions: bruce

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Morris has just hooked SJ with the game on the line.

SJ still playing the shovelling the ball on game

Sharks have won 3/9 with SJ. Reserve grade next week? Says a lot because Flanagan has barely made a tackle so far. Reckon the Roosters are still interested for 2020? I have to say he looks like he is injured, and is becoming elderly in footy terms. Some last longer than others, his niggles don't seem to go away these days.

Either way, I hope he has someone looking out for him, because it could be a mighty fall this week. It is a cut throat game over there.

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings