Post Match NRL 2019 - Round 15 - Knights vs Warriors Post Match Discussion [Round 15, 2021]

Game Information

Knights
Vs
Warriors
10 McDonald Jones Stadium
19 Jun 2021 17:00
80th minute

Rate the game?

• A+

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • C

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • F-

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
We have no leader nor anyone it appears, who can manage the game/team on the paddock
Thinking back, in 1995, a great year actually, we had Dean Bell.

Then we got Ivan Cleary and then Brent Tate.

What is that Bruce? Greg Alexander? No Bruce he just turned up to get his pay check.

Mind you with those last two centres we had some very good backs as well.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Warriors stats vs the Tigers who obviously got 66 points put on them

Warriors 43 missed tackles 13 ineffective. Tigers 40 missed tackles 14 ineffective.

Warriors set distance 33m. Tigers 35

Warriors 13 errors. Tigers 12

Warriors completion 67%. Tigers 69%

Yes conditions were different, but still...

I've felt all season that we are the better of the 'also rans,' but I am having some doubts now.

Halves/hooker are a huge problem, but it is not just that is it?
Yeah this really shows me how shit newcastle are as a team and we still lost, where the tigers were up against the storm, don't get this argument really.

Reactions: Tragic and tajhay

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah this really shows me how shit newcastle are as a team and we still lost, where the tigers were up against the storm, don't get this argument really.

Just a comparison between the Warriors who defended against a poor team, with very little offensive capability in conditions that were not conducive to beating your opposite, defended statistically as poorly as a Tigers team who conceded 66 points against one of the best there is. I'd like to think that the Warriors defended better than the Tigers given the scale of the results. Especially when our forwards had the most to answer for.

I found the statistics particularly sobering that is all. Our guys really didn't aim up in that department, it was a woeful performance that has me questioning my previous glass half full view of the rest of the season.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Ive never looked into this, but do the members have any representation into the club, to voice our disappointments. Heck even the guy who just buys the occasional new jersey for his family deserves a voice.

ie Why the Flaptanna's have you not replaced Kodi with Shaun Johnson by now? Why have you not replaced Egan by now?

Given Walsh is sooooo good at 6, are you looking to hire another experienced 1st grade FB now? Shaun Johnson and Walsh in the halves.

How long does Brown get before the club realises how utterly reactive he is and usually only based on his long term mistakes?

It sucks feeling like we have no power when its flappn obvious what the problems are and how to fix them.

PS I say keep Chanel Harris-Tavita but run Shaun Johnson and Walsh at the halves, this covers many positions should any of the back line go down.

Reactions: Raw Power

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
My 2c

Our spine is inexperienced and is best described as tragic

We have no leader nor anyone it appears, who can manage the game/team on the paddock
Well we do at the moment but we wont next year, you are right. Unless Shaun Johnson has been signed. Another experienced FB and move Walsh at 6 to me is just so overwhelmingly obvious, i just dont get how there is no accountability on the coach.

Anyway, hopefully if we do get Shaun Johnson, Walsh has somebody experienced to learn from and both have a similar skill set and the ball will get passed Walshs hands to the outside backs like some of his sensational try assists this year. Then if we get a Nicho Hynes type who is being blocked by the best FB in the game, we have experience and high quality FB for not too much money. As for the 9, Im just hoping Bellamy decides to only play 1 Hooker and puts the Cheese back to the bench and we have another shot at him.

That would be a mean spine 9 Cheese 7 Shaun Johnson 6 Walsh 1 Nicho Hynes (or players of similar ability).

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Ive never looked into this, but do the members have any representation into the club, to voice our disappointments. Heck even the guy who just buys the occasional new jersey for his family deserves a voice.

ie Why the Flaptanna's have you not replaced Kodi with Shaun Johnson by now? Why have you not replaced Egan by now?

Given Walsh is sooooo good at 6, are you looking to hire another experienced 1st grade FB now? Shaun Johnson and Walsh in the halves.

How long does Brown get before the club realises how utterly reactive he is and usually only based on his long term mistakes?

It sucks feeling like we have no power when its flappn obvious what the problems are and how to fix them.

PS I say keep Chanel Harris-Tavita but run Shaun Johnson and Walsh at the halves, this covers many positions should any of the back line go down.
I can get you Cameron G’s email if you want it

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I found the statistics particularly sobering that is all. Our guys really didn't aim up in that department, it was a woeful performance that has me questioning my previous glass half full view of the rest of the season.
Nah I see your point and comparison.

The issue is, without Walsh playing at 6, we have nobody capable of converting redzone into poiints.

I do feel bad for him with that field goal in very very hard conditions, but heck, that 10m in kick from out wide was sensational and if that missed we would have been 2 short for the field goal, cant put it all on the young gun. But he can kick field goals. Kodi was like "look im having this epic run of kick from out in front, but I dont want to ruin it with kicks in extreme wind conditions which are outside my zone, the 10m sideline" hahaha.

Imo our team is 2 key positions away from being a top 4 team. How hard is that for management and coaching staff to understand, they they experts?

Fix 9 and 6 and maybe 7 and we can then spend any extra's on fixing the outside backs to get a couple more Aitkens. Showed his speed with that try, blitzed them and he was the one with the ball.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Well we do at the moment but we wont next year, you are right. Unless Shaun Johnson has been signed. Another experienced FB and move Walsh at 6 to me is just so overwhelmingly obvious, i just dont get how there is no accountability on the coach.

Anyway, hopefully if we do get Shaun Johnson, Walsh has somebody experienced to learn from and both have a similar skill set and the ball will get passed Walshs hands to the outside backs like some of his sensational try assists this year. Then if we get a Nicho Hynes type who is being blocked by the best FB in the game, we have experience and high quality FB for not too much money. As for the 9, Im just hoping Bellamy decides to only play 1 Hooker and puts the Cheese back to the bench and we have another shot at him.

That would be a mean spine 9 Cheese 7 Shaun Johnson 6 Walsh 1 Nicho Hynes (or players of similar ability).
I thought it was strange at the time when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck made his intentions known to leave and we let him remain as Captain... what message does that sound out? We have no one else to stand up to take those reins?

YeahNah 4020

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 6, 2017
I think we lost this game when we could not put any points on when the Knights were down to 12 men. We showed no ability to create scoring chances. Our only try came from a Knights mistake, and the only other chance was when Walsh almost went the length of the field as well. In the Knights 20 m (on the few occasions we got there) we showed nothing
100% agree the good teams score points when they hold advantage particularly opposition in the sin bin.

Our inability to apply pressure with repeat set kicks in goal and the worst 5th tackle options I have seen at least 3 times tackled on the 5th

Sean O'Sullivan I appreciate where he is in his capabilities which are limited but I expected him to control the game and put kicks in but he was drowning out there.

Kodi was MIA and ran a few ok lines on attack but that was it we lacked total control and decision making.

Our on field leadership is basically zero and that includes Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Harris.

We could have won that game but WE lost it not the Knights won it, we didn’t know how to win the game AGAIN

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I thought it was strange at the time when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck made his intentions known to leave and we let him remain as Captain... what message does that sound out?
A bad one, I think Tohu Harris will be capt, but still.

What I dont get is, awesome Goud got us Walsh, but why did we pigeon hole him as FB when his background is HB and any sort of creativity in our halves, especially the 6 is one of our major problems. So why not see where the kid fits in and start looking for a FB replacement. But regardless, dont put Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the Wing, that was utterly stupid. Id like to have seen Roger Tuivasa-Sheck play FB and Walsh 6 for the season. And nek minute Walsh is on the wing.

There clearly is no cohesion in the club as to what messages are being sent out.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
So given the season has all but gone, due to these close losses, heck 3 of the 6 would have us in the 8, but too little to late outside a miracle.

Surely the team should be trying whatever it takes to make the finals this year and worrying about where Walsh plays next year. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has to play FB. He does nothing for Walsh on the wing imo.

In all honesty if we moved Jazz to 9, Sean O'Sullivan to 7, Walsh to 6, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to 1, I think thats a spine that can create a lot of points.

Possibly let Kodi and Jazz share the 9 role. The limited time we played this spine we nearly came back from 14 points down, scored 2 tries from amazing Walsh passes.

Im tired of looking ahead FOREVER, put your players in the positions they are most likely going to create havoc and score a lot of runs and concentrate on the small guys in defense (especially if Kodi is on the field as 9). And just give it a crack, 8/9 is soooo unlikely, but you never know unless we try.

Reactions: nakiproud

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
Fark I am sick of this crap. We’ve been in the bottom half of the comp for 9 out of 10 years. We had 3 years of snorefest Kearneyball. We had a brief run of mediocrity under Payten (let’s face it, last year was mediocre, but we were so starved of mediocre, we were happy) and we’re trying to play with the cheapest spine in the comp.

I don’t know what the answer is because there are too many problems. Problems that the club has been aware of for a long time, like our halves. They’ve had plenty of time to address them, but they haven’t.

I was looking forward to yesterday for quite a while, because it was winnable. But we were so inept, I am not looking forward to the next game because we are hopeless and it is clear that management nor owners have a clue

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings