Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • E

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • F

Votes: 64 55.2%

• Total voters
By the way, can someone tell this white boy what the sound that comes through the speakers before the game when the visiting team are about to come on to the field is meant to represent?

Thanks.

The Storm studied the All Blacks and replicated EVERY aspect of their culture.

Like stretching the rules and seeing if the controlling authority - NRL, World Rugby - do anything about it. After all, everyone reckons the All Blacks get away with things they shouldn't and the Storm introduced gang-tackling and wrestling into the NRL and now it's accepted.

No one asked for it but here's my two cents. Not only on the game but the season so far.

To put is simply we've gone backwards from last year in a lot of areas.

Attack
Not a big surprise that out attack has gotten so weak with the loss of Shaun Johnson. A big question of mine was how our attack would change with the loss of McFadden and introduction of (insert new attack coach name here). Obviously it hasn't worked well. As I've said in post match threads already, we're so one dimensional. The style we're playing only works if you have a monster pack who can get over the ad line (we dont got) and a spine who can individually capitalize on quick ball (we kinda got). It also doesn't help that Kearney's gone and changed up the chemistry. Tohu Harris, Papalii, Sol and Hiku have all switched sides so they've lost alot of familiarity there.

If it were up to me the team would use the ball alot more and utilise their more skilled/mobile pack. Interchange between the forwards, change of direction and more creativity from the spine. And for gods sake get some speed in the backline.

Defense
Not sure about this one. Probably a little bit of everything: new combinations, individual lapses and bad coaching. The players will need to get some pride for this one to improve.

Fitness/intensity
This is the big one. The majority of our improvement last season came from our improved intensity. We played harder and faster than most teams (esp in the first 7 rounds) and did it for long periods. Fast forward to this year and its gone backwards a long way. In terms of what it could come down to, I can only speculate that the team were over or underworked in the offseason.

Can't really change fitness midseason so they'll just have to make do with where they're at.

Ikr, wtf is that supposed to be. Sounds like the day after a bad curry.

Is it mean to be growling, someone with bad asthma, what precisely? TBPH I find it mildly annoying - ala the drums sometimes - which is why I'm asking. Sorry to everyone I was so vague on the subject and thank you BeastMode for your kind observation. I'd have thought you'd have counted the number of y'knows and ums in all of my posts over the years and concluded that I'm not.

I don't imagine I'll get a shock if I was to appear on "Who Do You Think You Are?" on TV...

Um, y'know?

Last edited:
Reactions: Beastmode
Can someone explain to me (because I am clearly the dumbest cu** in the room) why we don't kick to the best aerial winger in the comp?

You're absolutely right. Go back a few years and it was the same - if all else failed (and it often did), 'put it in the air for Manu' was worth tries

Reactions: MurrayTD

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
My kid had mini donuts at the game, they were kaka. $5 for 5 or 6 overcooked crap donuts.

Everything was crap last night.

From the $4.50 small bottle of water (wtf?!!!!) to that so called half time circus “light” show, to the Auckland Warriors. Even my seats were crap. Total shit show.

Reactions: Tragic and Aman

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Is it mean to be growling, someone with bad asthma, what precisely? TBPH I find it mildly annoying - ala the drums sometimes - which is why I'm asking. Sorry to everyone I was so vague on the subject and thank you BeastMode for your kind observation. I'd have thought you'd have counted the number of y'knows and ums in all of my posts over the years and concluded that I'm not.

I don't imagine I'll get a shock if I was to appear on "Who Do You Think You Are?" on TV...

Um, y'know?

Sorry mate.

I’m still in a bad mood....

Reactions: mrblonde
Most everything that needed to be said has been said by now but just a final few words.

Still gobsmacked by the difference between the first and second halves. We were well in it against the #1 team to half-time, totally out of it in the second half. How much of that is down to Bellamy doing his celebrated half-time rark-up of the Storm and how much is down to us clocking off, I don't know. But there's a mental attitude softness emerging that I didn't expect. Bodes badly if we can't fix it.

Lack of attacking tactics - said by dozens by now, and right every time. Clunky, clunky, clunky. And while it's water under the bridge now, losing one of the past decade's slipperiest attackers wasn't exactly the right move for a team otherwise out of attacking ideas. Kodi's helped, to be fair, but he's not Shaun.

And if management is reading this, they need to know that - for the first time this season, at least in our neck of the East Stand woods - fan morale is sliding big time. Long term fans around us, who've never before left a game before the whistle went, were leaving last night. If the club wants to find out what happens to your finances when the crowds head south of 10,000, it's going about it the right way.

And if management is reading this, they need to know that - for the first time this season, at least in our neck of the East Stand woods - fan morale is sliding big time. Long term fans around us, who've never before left a game before the whistle went, were leaving last night. If the club wants to find out what happens to your finances when the crowds head south of 10,000, it's going about it the right way.

hear, hear

Well, I read the article Blair said post match.. 100% agree, the teams unprofesional and mentally weak.
I know some will disagree with me but he gets bagged out .. sometimes undeservedly.

From what I've seen, when he gives away penalties, most times its deliberate to slow the attack and buy some time to reset the D. He comes from teams who are smart enough to understand and trusts them to react accordingly. Look what the Storm did yesterday Cam Smith especially.

Sure he's a bit long in tooth now and has his moments but he still plays like a pro. If some of our guys still can't read a game yet and can't find that will to win at all costs, then they shouldn't be there.

The storm showed us what Leagues all about....

Everything was crap last night.

From the $4.50 small bottle of water (wtf?!!!!) to that so called half time circus “light” show, to the Auckland Warriors. Even my seats were crap. Total shit show.
ROFL, i was with my kid down the north end when they announced the lights would go out and there was a light show. We raced back to our seats the lights went out and 4 muppets with big glowsticks came out and pranced around for 5 minutes, it was so budget it was funny.

Well, I read the article Blair said post match.. 100% agree, the teams unprofesional and mentally weak.
I know some will disagree with me but he gets bagged out .. sometimes undeservedly.

From what I've seen, when he gives away penalties, most times its deliberate to slow the attack and buy some time to reset the D. He comes from teams who are smart enough to understand and trusts them to react accordingly. Look what the Storm did yesterday Cam Smith especially.

Sure he's a bit long in tooth now and has his moments but he still plays like a pro. If some of our guys still can't read a game yet and can't find that will to win at all costs, then they shouldn't be there.

The storm showed us what Leagues all about....
It might get interesting over the next few weeks as his comments sink in and the sooky bubba's get together and work out who he is talking about. Then there will be some factions in the team and some nuts will have to be cracked, might be a good thing. Drama, infighting, power struggle, burn it down and start again.
Like sands through the hourglass these are the days of our warriors.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
Everyone remember that team the media were waterboarding because they were so terrible?? Well after beating the Chooks, they now have more wins than us. So how bad are we going?? Hell.

Reactions: Raw Power and bruce

wrighty

I said this last year and will say again. I don't think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a good NRL captain. He would be ok as a Super Rugby captain or even a Kiwis International league captain. But not an NRL captain.
Every other team has a captain who bitches to the ref when even fair calls go against them, why the refs are so dumb to listen I don't know but they do. It is what it is. Our captain shouldn't be based on league skills, it should be a senior member of the team who can be a good advocate for the team and sway the ref.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as a full back is often a long way away physically from the ref and secondly he is as quiet as a church mouse.

playdaball

Heritage Member
ROFL, i was with my kid down the north end when they announced the lights would go out and there was a light show. We raced back to our seats the lights went out and 4 muppets with big glowsticks came out and pranced around for 5 minutes, it was so budget it was funny.
That the the Warriors was so farken bad!

Reactions: bruce