• C

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • F-

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
Has anyone got footage of the Paasi throw that earn’t a suspension?

We seem to get regularly charged after games for incident that are not penalised during the game.
I remember it from the game. A few of the boys are lifting a leg or legs of their opponent to speed the completion of a tackle. Which is great, and no doubt they're being trained to do it. But sometimes they're forgetting that they're only supposed to lift them so far. I mean, just off the ground is enough. But......Doh!
Paasi overdid it and from memory the body of the guy being tackled went past the horizontal. We had another suspension earlier in the season for the same thing, though that one was more obviously dangerous. I think with Paasi's that "it didn't look too bad", but - the body went past the horizontal, so it's an automatic 'on report'.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I remember it from the game. A few of the boys are lifting a leg or legs of their opponent to speed the completion of a tackle. Which is great, and no doubt they're being trained to do it. But sometimes they're forgetting that they're only supposed to lift them so far. I mean, just off the ground is enough. But......Doh!
Paasi overdid it and from memory the body of the guy being tackled went past the horizontal. We had another suspension earlier in the season for the same thing, though that one was more obviously dangerous. I think with Paasi's that "it didn't look too bad", but - the body went past the horizontal, so it's an automatic 'on report'.
We have had 4 reported players this season - Lisone round 2, Burr and Blair round 8 and now Paasi.

All of them I have thought were at worst penalties, most were not even called in the game. I have seen a lot worse where nothing ever happens.

Nothing against the judiciary but technically every penalty blown is actually an infraction potentially chargeable. How do they pick which to charge after the game - just the ones that officials miss? Some of them if they were picked up in the game would have been a penalty and that’s the end of it - no judiciary. A week off suspended for a penalty offence does not fit the crime.

Player education and fines would be a better outcome unless the incident is clearly dangerous (borderline horizontal fine him, drop a player on his head, that’s a bit more serious)

Reactions: Hazman and Aman

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
yep thats one of his special grub plays.... biff it into the crowd
The NRL have banned players throwing boots away. Pretty sure Maloney does that everytime he actually makes a tackle which is about once every 5 games. Dude is beyond pathetic on defence which is why as talented as he is he never got a real chance at the Storm...

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
The modern game is way better for getting the gratuitous violence. However, you look at Maloney and wonder whether a good slap over that grub smug mush wouldnt be so bad.

Reactions: Boats n Hoes

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings