Votes: 10 7.2%
  • F-

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Well he can certainly say that we've won every game since he arrived! lol

(Maybe his signing DOES mark a turning point).

Btw - People are pointing out the high error rate (on par with the Panthers) but one stat we did beat them on (and have improved on) is missed tackles. We are tackling so much better now, given last night's evidence.

Re defence.....Tohu ran up and smashed DWZ in one set when Pemriff were coming out of their own end.

Such a difference to having our back 3 power runners starting our sets from deep. SK said Ken's had a high workload with 27 and 21 hitups in recent games.

8 day turnaround and Origin break will help rest and recharge him and others who have been putting in.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Looking forward to the Broncos next week, Watched them last night at Suncorp and they are big humans, big enough that you know what their game plan will be! this will test SK's ability to show that he can out coach the opposition?
The Knights ran over us, but nobody has since. My money is on the Warriors at home.

Reactions: Murraytd

Ziggity

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 19, 2015
Our bench was a joke, Still cant understand kearney, cant have luke, lawton and tevanga in the same team

panthers were softer than a wet tissue, we could've put 40+ on them but we lost momentum and gave them a breather too many times by taking the 2 when we were looking dangerous

Kodi is looking like a fantastic pickup, green seems a bit flat, should turn into a good partnership with more time

the tries they got were soft and the game was already won so kinda forgivable with how many tackles in our 20 they had, throw enough shit at the wall and some is bound to stick

could be me being a little drunk but was blair not playing? I feel like I was less angry at stupid shit this week

our defence was something to be proud of, which is nice

Solid B, but if we'd not taken the 2 like 4 times when it made no logical sense to do so we could've sent a message

gotta feel for the kitty supporters though, they had more bombs than germany in 1941

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Looks like Maloney will be suspended for a week for a late hit on Nikorima in the 50th minute.

Anyone see or remember the tackle? The Stuff article I read earlier about it the video only had the scoring plays.

The high profile players in the NRL spend all game playing the victim. Funny when after the match you find they are the ones being suspended.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Penrith might have to make do without James Maloney for next week's meeting with Parramatta after the experienced playmaker was charged with dangerous contact in Friday night's 30-10 home loss to the Warriors.

The 100-point base penalty will be trimmed to 90 if Maloney takes an early plea, but his 70 carry-over points would push him over 100 and rule him out of the round 11 Thursday night clash with the Eels.

Maloney was cleared of a dangerous contact charge in round eight after a judiciary hearing.

Warriors prop Agnatius Paasi is also facing a one-game suspension after being charged for a dangerous throw on Panthers winger Brian To'o.

An early plea would result in a 90-point penalty and one-match ban when Paasi's 30 carry-over points are added on.

The Warriors have won their past two games and host the Broncos next Saturday.

Player James Maloney
Club Penrith Panthers
Minute of match 50th
Charge/incident Dangerous contact - other
Charge grade 1
Base penalty for charge 100
Early plea 90
Guilty 120
Carry-over points 70
Misconduct on whom? Kodi Nikorima

Player Agnatius Paasi
Club Warriors
Minute of match 60th
Charge/incident Dangerous throw
Charge grade 1
Base penalty for charge 100
Early plea 90
Guilty 120
Carry-over points 30
Misconduct on whom? Brian To'o

Reactions: D1zWarz and bruce

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
To temper things tho once again the blueprint to beating the Warriors was clearly on display again last nite. It's their greatest strength.....the holy trinity - Roger, Fus, and Ken. Absolutely outstanding starting our sets and getting us on the front foot, so powerful....even Jazz was making yards but it was all on the back of the ability of these guys to punch through, not get turned, fast ptb....if this didn't happen (which it hasn't several times this year) I guarantee u Jazz and the like would've been rag dolled. I know it's the job requirement of all wingers these days to do this, but for some reason it affects us more if their negated as we just don't have the power forwards to instigate a roll on.

Bet that the Broncos will no way give these 3 the same space to wind up that Penrich did. It's half the battle to beating our team. Question is, does Kearney posses the nous to change up to plan B if this starts happening? Hasnt so far.
You remember how the Knights and North Queensland both dealt with a lot of what you've described - our terrific kick returns - by kicking to the sidelines and forcing us to have a standing start to our sets? Altho those teams showed others how it could be done, how that big positive for us could be eliminated, neither St George or Penrith introduced it into their gameplans. I can't see the Broncs not being so well-prepared. I read that our coaches had come with something to counter the Knights' and Cowboys' tactics, tho I don't know what it is. We'll find out soon enough...

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Have to have a good kicker who can drop it into the corners. Too long and a chance of a 7 tackle set, too short negates the idea . Pearce is a very good kicker, not sure about Milford

Reactions: bruce and FuNQie

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
I read that our coaches had come with something to counter the Knights' and Cowboys' tactics, tho I don't know what it is. We'll find out soon enough...

I wonder if it's something as simple as not giving the ball to Ken 1 off the scrum for a hit up every time, I think from memory in the Panther's game they were trying a few more things off the scrums.

Reactions: bruce and FuNQie

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
You remember how the Knights and North Queensland both dealt with a lot of what you've described - our terrific kick returns - by kicking to the sidelines and forcing us to have a standing start to our sets? Altho those teams showed others how it could be done, how that big positive for us could be eliminated, neither St George or Penrith introduced it into their gameplans. I can't see the Broncs not being so well-prepared. I read that our coaches had come with something to counter the Knights' and Cowboys' tactics, tho I don't know what it is. We'll find out soon enough...
The obvious counter-strategy is to suffocate their kickers. Not rush up. But make sure the D line is fast like last year. Make their kicks shit and save our petrol from running back. The strategy against Knights is easy, suffocate Ponga. He makes Pearce better. If Ponga can't move Pearce is too shit to carry the attack himself.

Reactions: Rizzah and FuNQie

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
After the two Panthers players ran into each other trying to catch the kick and knocked it on. Their player picked the ball up and fair enough as otherwise a Warriors player could of picked it up and scored. We got a penalty well it came up on the screen as a penalty. It didn't show the restart but it was pretty quick.

Is that a penalty offense you can kick for goal? We were in range it would of really rubbed it in on how bad the Panthers are going currently.

Last week Hunt dropped the drop out and a Dragons player in front of him picked it up. The ref then had mercy on them and called a scrum. That rule seems to be used when the refs feel like it.

Deranged

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
Jaz, to me, looks like he tries to play the game at a million miles per hour. While his energy is commendable it does lend itself to making errors here and there. If he can find more accuracy in what he does he'd be a more valuable bench player.
He is the Dally M bench player. I really don't get the criticism for him. He is awesome, as long as he is not hooker.

Deranged

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
After the two Panthers players ran into each other trying to catch the kick and knocked it on. Their player picked the ball up and fair enough as otherwise a Warriors player could of picked it up and scored. We got a penalty well it came up on the screen as a penalty. It didn't show the restart but it was pretty quick.

Is that a penalty offense you can kick for goal? We were in range it would of really rubbed it in on how bad the Panthers are going currently.

Last week Hunt dropped the drop out and a Dragons player in front of him picked it up. The ref then had mercy on them and called a scrum. That rule seems to be used when the refs feel like it.
Could have*

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Clubs that kick the ball out to avoid our back three tend to beat us.

Ivan went his own way. Ivan used to target Manu that way, kick it to him and shut it down.

Think Ivan might be guilty of employing old thinking.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Penrith are in a Warriors slump. They'll come right though at some point, unlike our slumps that spiral downwards sharply (until last 2 years).

They were shit. We got sucked into playing hot potato second half, as Penrith tried to score by quick passing. Penrith tried to play themselves into form with strong arm defence, hoping that would give them the confidence they needed in attack.

The defence was strong early in second half. They forced us into dumb mistakes. But sadly, as Warriors kept repelling set after set, their confidence dissipated. Which was fortunate for us because we started playing even shittier in attack. And any top 8 team would have sacked us easily.

Our team needs to be aware that even though you may reach the point where you feel dominant against a team, doesn't mean you can throw the ball around with gay abandon. You keep the foot on the throat always by continuing to grind away up field then earning the right to offload same as from minute one. Not playing fancy footy just because you're enough ahead.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
The Knights ran over us, but nobody has since. My money is on the Warriors at home.
To be fair there's only been a couple of games since then, so not much of a statement really.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings