• Total voters
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL 2019 - Round 10 - Panthers vs Warriors Post Match Discussion
Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

1111NRL+Rd+17+Panthers+v+Warriors+SXJo0Uhor83x.jpg

Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 10 game between the New Zealand Warriors and Penrith Panthers after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc...

Te Aro

The Warriors were good but not great. The Panthers were just fucking awful!

Nikorima and Herbert have really added a lot of value to the team. And that Passi try was a beauty!

Reactions: 15 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Was untidy by both teams but conditions were wet so understandable. Probably one of the worst team efforts I have ever seen from the Panthers but not to a take away from the Warriors who played with some real guts at times. Loving the attitude in defence and long may it continue.

Happy with the win and even more stoked I can watch the rest of this rounds games happy.

LETS GONE WARRIORS!!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users

Dunedin warrior

We were good, but Penrith were incredibly awful. So many good players but they sucked so bad .

Reactions: 6 users
Tragic

Tragic

Good enough, need to put the foot on the throat for anyone better than those mountain chumps

Reactions: 5 users
Bushman

Bushman

Contributor
Good effort, interesting to see if the Panthers could hold onto the ball how it would of playedout

snake77

snake77

Have to be happy when the main thing to complain about is letting in two soft tries after the game is already in the bag.

Reactions: 4 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

I think most of Penrith expected the Panthers to win that one.
So great work Warriors :)

Will be quiet around the Cleary house tonight
Kind off feel a bit sorry for Uncle Ivan
Something ain't right with the Penrith attitude.

Reactions: 10 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Pleased with the result. Passable performance but not by much. Panthers were pretty woeful.

Sup42

Sup42

Thats an A+ performance....but many small minded pretenders will give them a B.
...even tho none would ever have worked as hard as those players tonight.
People often down grade the Warriors coz they think makes them some kind of conossiuer lol fark off that was brilliant from us.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

I thought the Panthers could have made the game closer if they even had basic skills of passing and catching.

Kearneys bench use is crazy, I though after last week he would realise the benefits of using forwards with some size.. but this week Sao doesnt get on until the 2nd half, Tevaga pretty much plays 60 minutes without a break, and Lawton having a mediocre game is left on the field for about 40 minutes at hooker while Luke is on the bench, then it looks like there was a flurry of subs in the last 10 minutes..

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1. I think if we played a traditional bench we would have buried them.

2. If we had of kept attacking instead of that penalty in the first we could have given them one of those hidings that would scar them for years.

snake77

snake77

This would usually be the type of game we would trip up on. A team down on confidence that suddenly sparks to life or we are so poor we play them into form.

Some good defensive periods where we had to do a lot of work and held them out. Start of the game, before half time and after half time.

The Panthers might not have thrown a lot at us but that's their problem. We defended it and have turned our losing streak into two wins and can get some confidence.

Reactions: 7 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

I’d say we were ok..... Panthers were fuckin dreadful yet we made the same amount of errors than them!!

Reactions: 5 users