General NRL 2019 Round 1 - General Discussion

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The Raiders will be second on the table to the Warriors. It will be interesting to hear what Buzz has to say tomorrow night, especially about his beloved Sharks. :oops:

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
What is all the fuss about Bateman. He hasn't even been to the gym. :rolleyes: and why have Wighton making the in goal kicks when you have so many Poms in the team? At least that is something they are good at.
Bruce, I think you must wake up in a cold sweat after dreaming of Betts, Platt and Forrest Gump running out in Warriors shirts.

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Anyone else get the shits every time the commentator says Var-Rey for Whare?
Bruv, I have a chuckle each time they call Papalii, Par-Par-Lee. What happens when the Warriors play the Raiders? Are they going to pronounce the names differently? What about Cam Smith and Brendon Smith? Is one Smith and one Smeeeth lol

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
ok watched every game of the round, heres my thoughts.

Sundays games confused the fuck out of me, have they bought back the shoulder charge, I know they have changed the rules re some tackles, but i saw multiple shoulder charges and not one was called.

Gotta feel for the Titans, they just cant catch a break.
Canberra didnt play that well, I thought they got lucky in the bad luck of the titans. They remind me of the warriors last year, working on getting things right, fitness etc

Tigers, I fell asleep in the first half, but really thought it was a pretty poor game to watch, even though the commentators spent a lot of time talking it up.
Manley - another example of what happens when you tie up your salary cap in one player and destroy a winning team. It hurts for years and they are still hurting.

Panthers look like they havent gelled yet, as do a lot of other teams.
Surprise of the round for me was seeing the eels doing well.

Cowboys was interesting. JT was more than massive for them. But he is a massive example of what I cant stand in a team. a single forward carried them to victory. ran plus 300 meters; tackles and assists all massive. So what was the rest of the team doing, just standing around waiting to see what he would do next? Cowboys wont make the GF unless they change the way they play, even with JT
Dragons looked a little underwhelming. I think they might suffer this year.

Bunnies and Roosters - I just cant watch these two teams unless the Warriors are playing them. I really find them uninteresting, so lets say I had the TV on, I was in front of it and I could tell you the result but yea - Nah.

Pleased to see the knights show some composure and clock up one early.
Most satisfying result, the warriors running up a score. Next most satisfying result watching the sharks bomb. (I hate that team of cheats, and they even played their get out of jail free card) Haha, suck on that.

Best game of the round was the Warriors game. Other than that it was the Storm game for class.
Broncos - well lets just say I am looking forward to their game against the cowboys this week.

Non surprise of the round, the Refs still cocking it up big time. Anyone for - "its a forward pass, no a knock on, no forward, no... Yes forward.... Just dont send it to the video ref."

When the warriors play the Raiders it could be a massive game with multiple BIG hits all vying for shot of the round. Whereas I think the Warriors will close down JT and take it fairly easily against the cowboys.

A lot of teams out there still not jelling yet, I expect to see many teams improve massively from here. I hope the same is true for the warriors.

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 18, 2013
12. New Zealand Warriors (12)
An emotional day for the Warriors and they played well, but they stay the same in the Power Rankings because they played the Bulldogs. This team is probably a bit better than where I had them picked, but they've got a much tougher challenge this week at Campbelltown against the Wests Tigers.

The above is a quote from a "certain website"..... sheesh talk about damning them with faint praise...top of the ladder with the best starting victory in years, you wouldn't actually know it from reading this article....and the writer barely rates them as a challenge for the Tigers!!

Reactions: Hazman and bruce

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
An emotional day for the Warriors and they played well, but they stay the same in the Power Rankings because they played the Bulldogs. This team is probably a bit better than where I had them picked, but they've got a much tougher challenge this week at Campbelltown against the Wests Tigers.

The above is a quote from a "certain website"..... sheesh talk about damning them with faint praise...top of the ladder with the best starting victory in years, you wouldn't actually know it from reading this article....and the writer barely rates them as a challenge for the Tigers!!
The tigers didnt look a patch on the warriors. With their reliance on the fossil and grandpa (did i get their nicknames right) plus half of the old warriors team, the warriors should do another big score IMO.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

Jamie Soward.... enough said. :wtf::wtf::wtf:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

This guy is deluded.....
Who says he is an "expert". :rolleyes: Mind boggling, but then again look who runs the NRL, should we be surprised?

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
4.9 Total Avg Rating
4.1 Your Avg Rating