General NRL 2019 GRAND FINAL - General Discussion

Who will win?

• Total voters
LOL at JWH being told he won the Clive Churchill medal then it was given to Wighton lol.

Legit NRL, Legit.

The excuse is they couldn't contact Lockyer for his "votes".

• Haha
Reactions: bruce
So Channel 9 have the rights to the Grand Final. I tried checking if there was an alternative commentary, mainly due to Sky having the Fox team all year.

The Channel 9 team was different having not listened to them the last few years. Even if there has been the alternate Channel 9 commentary I've stayed on the main audio.

Then I put on NRL 360 and all of their highlights have Fox commentary. Usually if its a CH 9 game like Origin etc they'd have the 9 guys.

Reactions: Akkerz
So Channel 9 have the rights to the Grand Final. I tried checking if there was an alternative commentary, mainly due to Sky having the Fox team all year.

The Channel 9 team was different having not listened to them the last few years. Even if there has been the alternate Channel 9 commentary I've stayed on the main audio.

Then I put on NRL 360 and all of their highlights have Fox commentary. Usually if its a CH 9 game like Origin etc they'd have the 9 guys.
Ok so what has happened for the last 6 years Fox do a commentary with there own people but it is replayed at 10.30pm that night so as not to impact nines coverage( Nines coverage finishes around that time). Fox's commentators shit over the clowns nines got working for them

Ok so what has happened for the last 6 years Fox do a commentary with there own people but it is replayed at 10.30pm that night so as not to impact nines coverage( Nines coverage finishes around that time). Fox's commentators shit over the clowns nines got working for them
Thanks that explains it. Watching the Channel 9 commentary I sometimes wonder if Phil Gould actually likes rugby league. Or is it just rugby league from 1994 and earlier.

It was really impressive actually. I expected Ricky Stuart to tear apart the refs in the press conference. But he was very composed.

Reminded me of the Black Caps reaction after the CWC final.
My sentiments exactly. Just the same as the Black Caps...they, as well as everyone else knew they had been duded but not a thing they could do about it. Really hard on top of the lousy luck in the first half for the kick that hit the trainer and, although technically correct was handed back to the Chookz.
Warriors vs Storm this season anyone?

Reactions: Damo and warriors55
It was really impressive actually. I expected Ricky Stuart to tear apart the refs in the press conference. But he was very composed.

Reminded me of the Black Caps reaction after the CWC final.

Honestly, I think Ricky Stuart knew that his team had more than enough chances to comfortably win the GF.

Deep down, he knows they blew it. Far too many errors in the attacking third, the bombed Rapana try should keep Raiders Fans awake for years to come, not unlike Logan Swann in 2007 (never forget).

They let the Roosters march down field twice in the final 10 through big line breaks.

No doubt the Raiders dominated for long periods but ultimately, they were held to one try by a defence worthy of a Premiership

This news does not surprise me at all. Is concerning for the game though. Not sure about how it compares to total viewship figures this year. Thought they were quite good. Someone else may know?
I don't think it takes into account people who streamed the game as well, I know a lot of people did that.

My sentiments exactly. Just the same as the Black Caps...they, as well as everyone else knew they had been duded but not a thing they could do about it. Really hard on top of the lousy luck in the first half for the kick that hit the trainer and, although technically correct was handed back to the Chookz.
Warriors vs Storm this season anyone?

Yep, a classy reponse from Stick but, in truth, neither the Raiders nor the Black Caps was "dudded". The last tackle call turned out to be the right one (I think the ref should signalled a stop in play and had the Raiders replay the tackle from the spot where the "6 again" call was initially made, though) and as far as the CWC, the Black Caps knew what was going to happen regarding a tie after a Super Over going into the final.

Best thing about Sunday's screw-ups is the NRL are going to look at the amount of time trainers spend on the field. I mean, what the hell was a trainer doing on the field in Minute 4 of the GF?!

Reactions: Worried2Death
Yep, a classy reponse from Stick but, in truth, neither the Raiders nor the Black Caps was "dudded". The last tackle call turned out to be the right one (I think the ref should signalled a stop in play and had the Raiders replay the tackle from the spot where the "6 again" call was initially made, though) and as far as the CWC, the Black Caps knew what was going to happen regarding a tie after a Super Over going into the final.

Best thing about Sunday's screw-ups is the NRL are going to look at the amount of time trainers spend on the field. I mean, what the hell was a trainer doing on the field in Minute 4 of the GF?!
I think the main reason to feel dudded for the Black Caps was that overthrow boundary.

Honestly, I think Ricky Stuart knew that his team had more than enough chances to comfortably win the GF.

Deep down, he knows they blew it. Far too many errors in the attacking third, the bombed Rapana try should keep Raiders Fans awake for years to come, not unlike Logan Swann in 2007 (never forget).

They let the Roosters march down field twice in the final 10 through big line breaks.

No doubt the Raiders dominated for long periods but ultimately, they were held to one try by a defence worthy of a Premiership

Just like that Trent Boult catch stepping on the rope moment.

What you didn't mention about the Black Caps is that the umpire awarded an extra run to England which would have given NZ a 1 run win.
That is most definitely dudded!

Agree with you about the Raiders. The last tackle should have been retaken.

I think the main reason to feel dudded for the Black Caps was that overthrow boundary.

Oh, yeah, the "unspoken" rule where teams don't take the extra runs afforded by the fielded ball hitting the bat and richocheting...Hadn't considered that one.

I guess that means the rule no longer applies. England did it to us, ergo we can do it right back.