Team List NRL 2018 Round 9 - Warriors vs Tigers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="AusWarriorsFan, post: 718290, member: 5025"

I personally dislike him, I think hes an aussie pretending to be a kiwi. Ive come to accept that over time. I just really hated seeing him on the footy show etc, he just lacks the humble attitude of most kiwis. Hes in it for the money imo.

Totally disagree... this guy has always been very proud to call himself a Kiwi foremost!
And I would call him a Confident and Positive Person, which are great traits to have.

I personally dislike him, I think hes an aussie pretending to be a kiwi. Ive come to accept that over time. I just really hated seeing him on the footy show etc, he just lacks the humble attitude of most kiwis. Hes in it for the money imo.

Totally disagree... this guy has always been very proud to call himself a Kiwi foremost!
And I would call him a Confident and Positive Person, which are great traits to have.

Here in Sydney, I have met quite a few Australians who are Warriors supporters.

There are Lots of NZ Bulldogs, Roosters & Storm supporters btw

Not every Kiwi supports the Warriors.
Not every Aussie supports an Australian Rugby league team.

It seems as if we're all individuals.

I realize that we all have to be categorized by the left wing governments, into slaves and masters, Maori and Pakeha etc... but in reality it's not quite correct.

Any Aussies who support the Warriors get my vote. I put them in the 100% good cont category.

And lets not forget that when he was at his brilliant attacking best the State Of Origin eligibility rules were a joke. He could have easily knocked back the Kiwis to seek a spot in the QLD squad.

From NRL.com's late mail:

Issac Luke trained away from the rest of the Warriors team on Wednesday and is considered highly unlikely to suit up against the Tigers on Saturday due to his knee injury suffered last week. Shaun Johnson, Tohu Harris and Solomone Kata are expected to return from injuries.

Most of us suspected this, but still good news he's training and considered a chance. Should mean a return next week or the week after.

at my work a few of us are warriors supporters, one for the roosters, one broncos and one doggies

at the end of the day the more league fans around me than union fans cant be a bad thing regardless of your club side !

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Agree there seems little to be gained by risking Luke.

You trust your squad, and play with what you have. Trying to force a clearly hampered Luke into the starting side will likely result in him coming off early, or aggravate his injury, or both.

If we can't beat the Tigers at home without Luke on one leg then we have much bigger issues to worry about.

Two scenarios here
SK desperately wants Luke to play despite obvious risk of losing for an extended period.

SK knew from the start that Luke wouldnt play but means the Tigers have to prepare for the eventuality that he will play.

A plan so cunning you can pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel.

Inruin

Contributor
Two scenarios here
SK desperately wants Luke to play despite obvious risk of losing for an extended period.

SK knew from the start that Luke wouldnt play but means the Tigers have to prepare for the eventuality that he will play.

A plan so cunning you can pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel.
"yeah, um, you know, he is running ok at training, you know, he has a few fitness tests to get through. We will, you know, give him as much time as, um, we can'

knee.jpg

* this is not a picture of Issac Luke's knee

I just dont see the point of risking him this early in the season. We have more than adequate depth at Hooker.

I am intrigued by Lawton. Covers most positions and appears better suited to the role Tevaga plays as long as his defence are on point.

i get your logic but im of the opinion no game is more or less important than any other, we are 1/3 the way through this season, this imo is make or break time for us, we have games that we need to win to cement our spot in the top 4 and have to capitalise pre-origin time. its also a position which we probably lack the most amount of depth in, if hes 60-80% fit play him i say. if hes 50/50 sit him out, which is what i expect to be the case.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
The NRL is so close this year, a lot of games are literally coming down to 1 decision or mistake. Carrying someone at 60-80% at hooker the focal point of your attack and defence would be asking for trouble.

If we were stumbling through the season with a team lacking experience/stars, then you may look to risk a 70-80% Luke to try edge out a much needed win. We are lucky to have decent experience across the park this year and also sit 6-2, it would be almost season suicide to risk injuring Luke long term.

We are already carrying 2 strapped up knees with Paasi/Papali'i, who it looks like are still working their way back to 100%.

If Cooks off to ISP in Syd and Luke fails his fitness test, surely we can make do with Lawton/Lino combo for a week or 2.

Reactions: Tragic
Status
Not open for further replies.