Team List NRL 2018 Round 9 - Warriors vs Tigers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
The choice of Benji wasn't Kearneys.
Bunji is a club player. He had a few ok games in the Black and White jersey, but to me he went MIA compared to his club form. Which has been the direct opposite of Johnson who goes MIA for the Warriors but plays beastmode for the Kiwis. Johnson and Foran were just going so well for a period there it was hard to see why one would pick Marshall.

I personally dislike him, I think hes an aussie pretending to be a kiwi. Ive come to accept that over time. I just really hated seeing him on the footy show etc, he just lacks the humble attitude of most kiwis. Hes in it for the money imo.

So quite honestly, I really hope we do a number on him this weekend.

One year of utter shit with a roster he didn't want. I'm basically calling this SK's first proper year coaching the Mighty etc. And I'm pretty fucking happy so far.
I personally think Kearneys first year was highly successful in what he wanted to acheieve which had no focus on winning a GF. I think he was doing what Bennet taught Bellamy and Bellamy taught Kearney. You teach the team the basics, ie hold onto the football and how to control a game through posesssion and completions. I think we were top 4 for most of the season in that regard. We just werent getting over the line.

The next thing Bennett does is he wont move onto Defense playbook until they have Completions down pat and most importantly are fit enough to play condensed Defense. They made a classic move getting Corvs to run the conditioning and now we have a team that is our fittest by far and can swarm a player and quickly get back the 10, along with players being able to wrap around to cover the flanking you get in condensed defense. So again, Kearney imo, if we were to use the words KPI's, hes hitting them.

Next year all going well it will be mostly offensive focussed is what I expect. I know Cappy and Stacey are working on that a bit in the background already. But this is why I had predicted next year as our maiden Premiership. But we going pretty bloody well this year anything could happen. We can win these next 4 games if we bring our fitness and intensity. if we End up 10/12 at half way, 3/12 to make the 8 will be a doddle, but I dont expect that, I think if we are even 9/12 we will make the top 4.

One year of utter shit with a roster he didn't want. I'm basically calling this SK's first proper year coaching the Mighty etc. And I'm pretty fucking happy so far.

I'm in the same boat. He's cleared out most of the deadweight (even guys like Matulino who seemed to have turned toxic) and made some really astute staff / player signings.

He still makes some odd team selections / interchange choices, but in general I'm happy with what he's brining. Still prepared to call the Melbourne loss a freak aberration AKA The Perfect Storm - their new crazy attacking style, a few injuries and fatigue from the game the week prior.

All excuses, but hey, we were pretty unlucky to have Shaun Johnson, Kata, Harris, Pulu and essentially Luke unavailable among others.

SK's first big test this year will be getting them back into the right headspace this week after such a drubbing - early signs are good though. We came out strong in the second half and earned back a small amount of confidence and respect.

Shaun Johnson needs to play direct. Tigers are not a big backline. On attack I wouldnt mind on 3&4 tackles going wide and chipping high to the goal line for our big wings to run onto. Easier skill than bombing corners from mid field.

I would start Gavet with Bunty to wreak havoc later. Papalii needs to start imo. Luke is a question. Having Lawton at least covers Hooker/Centre so is an upgrade on Gelling.

I reckon this game will be a beauty.

From Fox
Late mail: Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has declared Issac Luke is pushing to return from injury.

While he isn’t “out of the woods yet”, he has trained this week.

“He had a run today and did a bit of unopposed skills,” Kearney said.

“We want to try and give him every opportunity.

“He needs to pass a few fitness tests… he ticked a few boxes today and he’s got a couple of more tomorrow to try and tick off.”

The in-form hooker lasted just 16 minutes of the 50-10 humbling from Melbourne on Anzac Day but recovering at a rapid rate.

If Luke is ruled out, Karl Lawton will come into the starting side.

I personally dislike him, I think hes an aussie pretending to be a kiwi. Ive come to accept that over time. I just really hated seeing him on the footy show etc, he just lacks the humble attitude of most kiwis. Hes in it for the money imo.

So quite honestly, I really hope we do a number on him this weekend.

That is not the vibe I get at all, I think he comes across pretty humble considering. The media thing is him just sorting out his career after playing which seems smart. Also it seems funny hearing he is an Aussie pretending to be a kiwi coming from an "AusWarriorsFan". :)

Billy Teets James

He never really had a spot cemented to begin with. He was a replacement in the early rounds due to injury. The incumbents will always reclaim their spot unless Sao was in mercurial form. Which he wasn't...

There doesn't appear to be room for him on the bench at the moment either. Whether we like it or not, Lisone is an established FG player now and would likely need to play terribly to get dropped. Papalii seems to be above Sao in the pecking order and Gavet is back from injury this week... Even if he has pissed SK off or something, there really isn't much room for him at the moment anyway. There wasn't much point of carrying Sao and Mannering on the bench together when Simon returned.

Honestly, he was probably lucky to play in the Roosters game. Lisone was suspended and Satae (prop) was brought in, which basically meant Sao kept his lock/2nd row bench spot (Mannering was still injured). After looking at all the team lists, I reckon Sao has just been unlucky due to circumstances.

To be fair, Speaking of average form. Gavet wasn't setting the world on fire.
There was no fire & brimstone from him. Gives away a few penalties , Or goes close to it every tackle. Sao was better by far. And what's with this replacement for injuries kaka? I don't think anyone is promised a start outside our top tier players, Harris /Shaun Johnson/Luke/Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. So all spots are there for the taking.
To me he earned a spot, Either starting or on the bench. No mistakes. An offload, Hits the line hard. And is a solid , Sometimes intimidating tackler.
In saying that, Lisone seems to be a teacher's pet. Because he definitely doesn t deserve to be there based on current form. But is picked every dam time.
Him and Mannering can be both be on the bench. Sao can play prop. That's not a problem either.

Reactions: hman
Status
Not open for further replies.