General NRL 2018 Round 8 - General Discussion

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL 2018 Round 8 - General Discussion

R8.JPG

A thread for all 2018 Round 8 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week (besides the Warriors one of course :) ).

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you...

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Young kiwi forward debut for broncos 120kg 6ft 4
Payne Haas
His pure size brought him to the attention of NRL and NFL scouts but it was 16-year-old Payne Haas's aerobic capabilities that impressed coaching staff and seasoned rep stars in his first outing with the Broncos senior squad on Tuesday.

Considered the hottest young forward prospect under the age of 18, the Australian Schoolboys representative had his pick of NRL clubs and the Keebra Park High School product chose Wayne Bennett's Broncos.

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Gee Mt Wellington and the boys got a bit of extra pressure setting up shop early this week on a short turn around

Well done team.

Now let's go u horrible cheating Roosters....do us a favor.

Win win this one....I hate those cheats so much I will be cheering on the Dragons anyhow ...just cant stand the Cheating rorters.

Anzac League = cap compliant teams versus The great Satans of the comp....good script that...well done NrL.

The other reason I'd be happy to see the Dragons win...is this thing tonight....is about legitimacy for the two biggest Surprise contenders for this Competition...like I say...Win win.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
I reckon the Roosters will beat the Dragons
Teams that come off playing a HARD game against the Warriors , are usually still sore with bruises etc

Look at Nightengale last week.. How the Fark he got all those bruises on his face. I do not know

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Gee Crikey....seeing the build up with the Australian and New ZeaLand flags being carried side by side....got a wee tear in the eye...

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
i hate it when i read "young kiwi" and "australian rep" in the same sentance !!
We see a bit of cross over now with players in the age group rep sides. Didn't Benji or SBW play for the Australia vs the Junior Kiwis and said facing the haka was weird. The other one is Jordan MacClean was a young Kiwi when he dropped Alex McKinnon on his head, commentators "Feel for the young Kiwi, but the young New Zealander will be spending some time on the side lines". Now who does he play his rep footy for.:rolleyes:

Good start for the Dragons. Scored straight away pretty much with a nice bounce and a good conversion.

Last Game

19 Jun

06 - 10
4.4 Total Avg Rating
5.4 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 16 ratings