Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

wrighty

I still cant work out why Green was sin binned?. Disgraceful call. Kearney should of made some noise about it at the press conference so we dont get shafted like that again. Could of lost us the game.

Green bolted out of the blocks real quick, he probably wasn't off side but he was 2-3 metres ahead of everyone else which caught the ref's eye.

Green realised the optics of the situation and realised he was going to get penalised so he quickly turned around and went back to the line of defence but it was too late and the referee blew his whistle.

It was an average penalty.

I don't really agree with the fans at the ground chanting referees suck etc. You don't want the referees to start hating the warriors and as it was we did get one absolutely crucial call out of them on the Maumalo intercept.

Mind you - their line speed seemed suspiciously fast all night. Broncos seemed fast as well.

Reactions: Citygirl
Yeah I thought the Dragons line speed was super fast but I kept thinking maybe they’re just super fit or they will tire out later, they did in patches but when they changed momentum they were rushing. The off loads the warriors had done slowed their line speed for sometime though.

I think those blaming Mannering for the Hunt try should watch what Lisone does (he's right next to Mannering) - 100% to blame for that line break/try. Plants his feet way too hard then gets fooled by the dummy. Mannering can't catch everything unfortunately.
Yes, this is the sort of thing that lots of people don't understand, they just see Mannering diving across and 'missing' a tackle. Defense starts from the middles and works out, any issues in the middle gets magnified as ball is spread wider.

This is what critics of Johnson seem to ignore, or not understand, when he is on the ball he forces the defenders on the outside to come in to cover the defender Johnson has just got on the outside of. He does this most often by skipping outside his defender (or dancing around and not being direct). As soon as this happens the defense will be in catch up mode and need to be worried about their inside man getting across in cover. This provides Fusitua with the room (not that he needs much) to do his thing.

[QUOTE="Deranged, post: 715515, member: 218"
This is what critics of Johnson seem to ignore, or not understand, when he is on the ball he forces the defenders on the outside to come in to cover the defender Johnson has just got on the outside of. He does this most often by skipping outside his defender (or dancing around and not being direct). As soon as this happens the defense will be in catch up mode and need to be worried about their inside man getting across in cover. This provides Fusitua with the room (not that he needs much) to do his thing.[/QUOTE]

No I dont think you are pointing out any rockets science thats lost on anyone. Its his consistency to do such and to do more for $1m. Also the opposition teams have cottoned onto this seasons back and it could be partially why Shaun Johnson is so shut down and more ineffective now. His best move with Fusitua is the run and draw and pass simple play. Its very hard not to get sucked into.

I wonder if any NRL players read their fan forums. I highly doubt it. But I do know living in Aus, its a huge benefit for teams having the media and fans living and breathing in your community. Along with Leagues clubs. Something I think we have missing at the warriors, where the players get to go home, miles away from mt smart and forget about the game until training.

I like to see a leagues club for the warriors, I just dont know if NZ is ready for such entertainment. The bowls clubs, RSLs and Leagues clubs in Aus really are a great venue I wish we had here. Multiple resteraunts and bars and entertainment spanning multiple floors, some 24/7.

If I was to do the warriors all over again Id base us in South Brisbane or East Sydney, locality for our fans (major NZ demographics). Having so many league TV shows and so much media in your face and the fans, it really does create a different atmosphere for a club. Maybe the CCH Crushers could set up at the old amp Broncos stadium lol.

• Sad
Reactions: Gizzyfan

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Yes, this is the sort of thing that lots of people don't understand, they just see Mannering diving across and 'missing' a tackle. Defense starts from the middles and works out, any issues in the middle gets magnified as ball is spread wider.

This is what critics of Johnson seem to ignore, or not understand, when he is on the ball he forces the defenders on the outside to come in to cover the defender Johnson has just got on the outside of. He does this most often by skipping outside his defender (or dancing around and not being direct). As soon as this happens the defense will be in catch up mode and need to be worried about their inside man getting across in cover. This provides Fusitua with the room (not that he needs much) to do his thing.

mate can you change your profile picture please.

I find it hard to look at.

Have collected litres of Dragons tears from the world wide web overnight and this morn. A rare commodity for a Warriors fan to bathe in, so they must be savoured accordingly.

What a replay!! So pumped watching the heart and guts it took to win that one.

Pure blisssss.

On Calgary puck (a forum for the Calgary Flames NHL team) a guy on their board does a post game "Around the league report" where he gathers interesting and entertaining quotes from the opposing teams fan forums and posts them all as the ATL (around the league).

He only ever does it after wins and it's always the most liked post in the post game thread. There are always plenty of salty tears to bathe in haha.
The People love it.

I'd like to do it for this forum but I don't have the time/ aren't tech savvy enough to do it.
Maybe someone on here would like to take up the challenge and try their hand at it.

On the game what can you say other than awesome effort to overcome all the adversity they faced, the defense was incredible to watch and the offense was excellent given the limited possession they had, they really went out and seized their opportunities to score when they created them.
A truely great game. Roll on Wednesday.

mate can you change your profile picture please.

I find it hard to look at.
I get the same reaction as when I look at this pic.

hqdefault.jpg

PS: I've got nothing against what people do when they GET A FUCKEN ROOM tho...

Sam Lisone is a goof. Would have Vete or Sao on the bench. Papalii was huge tonight. Can’t believe he’s only 19!! He will play 300 plus baring injury.
Yeah Lisone is the only real weak link i can see in this team. If i were the opposing halves i would send traffic at him whenever he is on the field. He still has the old habbits of being pretty lazy off the ball but i do hope he will fix this cos coach seems to like what he brings.

I think those blaming Mannering for the Hunt try should watch what Lisone does (he's right next to Mannering) - 100% to blame for that line break/try. Plants his feet way too hard then gets fooled by the dummy. Mannering can't catch everything unfortunately.
Lisone has had an issue with filling his hole on the defensive line his whole career, he did the same thing last week when Oates scored as well. Doesn't seem to have the natural feel for where his team mates are in the line.

Reactions: Sup42 and jonno
Watching the replay, the Warriors were very very lucky with that Lafai no try.

Graham did touch the ball and knocked it into Roger's chest.. However, the Warriors had then run over 10 metres with the ball.

The Warriors are lucky the bunker did not check that. It would have likely resulted in a try to the Dragons.
I guess they can only check when there is a stoppage in play. Regardless there was no advantage to the Warriors. correct decision.