Team List NRL 2018 Round 6 - Warriors vs Broncos TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

2. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

Have been scanning the Broncos site and something jumped out at me. Unlike the Sydney club forums they look at their sides failings rather than Refs etc.

I even saw on the Roosters site someone claiming the Warriors must be over the Cap. That from a Roosters fan FFS.

The Broncos are just going through a lean patch, they have been, are, and always will be a great club. Hopefully the resurgence starts next week. It will be a close game.

Great to have you here Morkel.

3. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Welcome BHQ brethren. It's great to have members from other forums here to add some spice to the discussion. While we may support opposing teams and may not see eye to eye on some things, one thing that we most certainly have in common is love for this great game.

I wish the Broncs all the best for the weekend. I have tipped our Warriors to get the W, but that's not to say it's going to be a walkover. Despite being off the pace and missing a few key players, the Broncs are always a competitive side and no doubt will look to push our lot for the full 80. It should be a cracker.

Up the Warriors!

4. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Must be fun going to another forum, fresh voices, only to discover that there are people debating with you about your own team.
    Morkel doesn't seem to mind. I bet you could find posters on their forum that could tell you lots you might not have thought about the Warriors :rolleyes: not having a go here....there are some NRL broadly knowledgeable posters here...more having a laugh.

5. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

I enjoyed Morkel's visit. He provided some insider insight to the Broncos and their goings on.

We'll see if he's back tomorrow for some game day keyboard battles...

He might want to bring a few wingmen, to keep it sporting.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Football? If your halfback doesn't know how to play football they can always try Rugby League.

Nah I'm just firing back coz I don't like being told I'm wrong.

Tooshay. (It's French).

7. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

I've fixed that for you...

8. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

bet he cant wait:rolleyes:
    Dudes probably going to be on the piss with real friends.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Welcome to the site. Feel free to flaunt your team's multiple premierships, rep players and awesome achievements.

Also don't be scared to comment on the deep breathing, warrior ball, or empty 1st grade trophy cabinet.

But mention my chainsaw.....don't even look at my chainsaw. Talk about fight club if you want. Just don't go near the chainsaw.

Oh yeah. I was saying welcome aye?

10. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

morkel Broncos Bench Player

Tomorrow? How about now. Was just driving home.

11. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

Jonno is probably not the ideal user to have a "keyboard battle" with. He is prone to posting some babble, and then go missing for extended periods of time(mostly involuntarily).

Though if you ever need an online stopwatch to find out your fastest players, or weather reports, he is the goto man.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

I'm just going to go out and make some real friends now,,, but tomorrow it's on.

13. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

......out of straw, mud and mail order dresses

14. wizards rage
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2016

wizards rage 1st Grade Fringe

Hey morkel, do you there is a link between Alex Corvo moving to the warriors and our improving and his leaving the broncos and you guys struggling?

How much credit was given to him during his time there?

15. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

That’s the best question to get a Broncos’ fan’s back up.

The “7 day turnaround, always playing Friday” is a crock. We do get a lot (the most?) free-to-air exposure, but it’s often a mixed bag of Thursdays and Fridays. One of our guys found some stats and we were actually mid-range in the 7-day turnaround stats.

In reality, most of us hate it. A lot of us work big hours or have young families. That makes Thursday game impossible to attend. If I want to go on a Friday, I have to leave work by 3pm and don’t get home until 11:30pm. My oldest daughter always wants to come but the’s a killer for an 8 year old.

We scream out for Sunday arvo home games (which we’ve had like 2 of them in the last 3 years) or Saturday games as they give more prep time.

It really is a big negative for us as far as attendance goes. There are always away-team fans that live in Brisbane who make up big numbers because their team only plays once in Brisbane (or none depending on the draw) so the die-hard fans will attend that game. But Thursday or Friday games can end up with a lot of half-interested piss-heads from the local pubs who don’t really watch the game and just take selfies.

A lot of us grew up going to the footy with our Dads and always cherish those memories, and there is a whole generation of potential Broncos fans who will miss out on that.

16. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Coming from the world's first Chad Townsend fanboy.;)
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

17. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Like I said earlier, I haven’t seen you guys play yet this year, but despite that i’ll make a hugely unqualified guess and say he is THE biggest reason for your turnaround.

18. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

We've never been this fit this early in a season that I can remember.

It's always been a shit fest where we lose to the eventual spoon winners in game 1 or 2, and then start to pick up steam after about round 6.

This season could be very good for us with this start, if we keep getting stronger.

19. wizards rage
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2016

wizards rage 1st Grade Fringe

Winning and losing is about the 1% which the warriors always lacked. As well as fitness this year we have those 1%ers happening with the mental toughness, clearer thinking, etc.

Is a Corvo hangover THE biggest reason for the Broncos struggles as well?

20. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

If you had asked for SJ last year we would have delivered him on a silver platter adorned in his princess gown crowned with the most gorgeous tiara such was our frustration at his lack of...ummm....lack of most things worthwhile.

I've never seen your team as grubby except for when you had Blair tbh.

I've seen your pack as mobile rather than monstrous this season but our pack shows it's not necessary to have Shannon Boyd Burgess Taumalolo sized forwards.

My take on your team's 2018 struggle is;

1. Historic and great success creates extremely high expectations.

2. Even the great Wayne Bennett may have reached his expiry date.

3. Player attitude. It's a killer when it's not right (trust us, we're experts on this topic). But it can also be changed back given the right input or drivers.

4. Ben Hunt left taking memories of his dropped ball to the Dragons where he seems to have exorcised his demons.

5. Is Nikorima able to lead the team around the park and provide Milford the opportunity to unleash his great running and passing game?

6. Is Bird ready? His chest looked like he was rehabbing a quadruple heart bypass.

7. Are the players unified in their sucking? Coz maybe they can be unified in being awesome again. Your 2015 year was great minus that Ben Hunt moment in the GF.

8. Deep breathing. Honest.....it works wonders. Get your boys in a circle of love, hand in hand, gazing deeply into each other's eyes and even souls. Shit what were talking about again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.