• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tedster

Tedster

First game I've missed this season. Probably not a bad thing.

Oh well, 5/6, We are still off to anyway start for the season as long as we do our breathing excersizes and bounce back.
Maybe they could pass their breathing techniques onto the Phoenix for next year.. ... ;);)

Reactions: 1 user
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Next four

Dragons (h)
Storm(a)
Tigers(h)
Roosters(h)

We have home advantage in 3/4 but the opposition for the next 4 rds sends shivers down my back ....

It's algud bro. We sent shivers down theirs for 5 rounds now we'll see if we can send that again.

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Maybe they could pass their breathing techniques onto the Phoenix for next year.. ... ;);)
I'd suggest you were taking the piss.... but I really hope they do.

Id lop one off for the Nix to have the same start to the season as the Warriors this year.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
A lot of talk about how this is the second time we haven't turned up this season, which is bullshit in my opinion

Against the Raiders we gave away a lot of penalties and copped a few roughies at the start to the point where we should never have been in the game. Our accuracy was off and their forwards were big and took a lot of stopping. We won the game because we kept coming at them with urgent defence and a never say die attitude on attack. How is that the definition of not turning up??

You can 'turn up' and still get beaten.

The Broncos was the first time this team has not 'turned up' in 2018

Reactions: 6 users
Tedster

Tedster

Yeah, i was and only coz i used to follow them, had some hopes for them this year but.... Maybe send corvo down to wellington for a stint... :)

Sup42

Sup42

A lot of talk about how this is the second time we haven't turned up this season, which is bullshit in my opinion

Against the Raiders we gave away a lot of penalties and copped a few roughies at the start to the point where we should never have been in the game. Our accuracy was off and their forwards were big and took a lot of stopping. We won the game because we kept coming at them with urgent defence and a never say die attitude on attack. How is that the definition of not turning up??

You can 'turn up' and still get beaten.

The Broncos was the first time this team has not 'turned up' in 2018
And they played with 12 for ten minutes...that's when the Raiders bagged two trys.

So they played well enough to potentially have given the Raiders a bit of a hiding with 13 on 13.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
And they played with 12 for ten minutes...that's when the Raiders bagged two trys.

So they played well enough to potentially have given the Raiders a bit of a hiding with 13 on 13.
But didn't, they played poorly for 72 minutes.

kurgal

we seriously have to play 100% better to have any chance of beating one of our bogey teams on friday night !!!

oh fuark you are right - somehow I had totally forgotten about that. not only are the Dragons an ultra-strong team at the mo, they are also one of our hoodoo teams, we're talking outright spooky witch-doctor levels of hoodoo right there. Even when they have been downright ordinary on paper, we have always managed to lose against them.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

But didn't, they played poorly for 72 minutes.

Doesn't matter as long as it ends with a win.

Win stylishly, win ugly, just win please.

I know there's a line of thought that says as long as we compete against the Dragons I don't mind if we lose but tbh;

Fuck off. I'd rather we win. Then next week, win again, then repeat all the way to the premiership. Then? Do it all again.

Is it asking too much that our team turn up 100% every single day, culminating in awesome game day performances that result in victories?

Hey I know that compared to last year and all previous years this season's record is great but compare it to that year we last won the comp and I think we need to raise the bar quite a bit higher.

Fuck I might have diverted from your original post bro. So sorry if I did.

Possibly ranting but to coin a cliché from my own mind "fuck participation, aren't we here to win?"

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

oh fuark you are right - somehow I had totally forgotten about that. not only are the Dragons an ultra-strong team at the mo, they are also one of our hoodoo teams, we're talking outright spooky witch-doctor levels of hoodoo right there. Even when they have been downright ordinary on paper, we have always managed to lose against them.

Perth - hoodoo broken
First 2 games in yonks - hoodoo broken
First 3 games in yonks - hoodoo broken
First 4 - broke that cu** too
First 5 in a row - history making hoodoo broken.
Win a game without Shaun Johnson - hoodoo broken.

Comments from doubting fans - hoodoo continues.

Sesame street kids would remember this song:

6 of these things belong together
6 of these things are kinda the same
But 1 of these things is doing it's own thing...........

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

I agree, we don't want a "participation mentality."

I watched some guy address an under performing NFL team and he asked;

How many of you dreamed of playing in the NFL?

I think all of them raised their hands.

He then said "That's it there. That's why you suck. You made it. You achieved your dream. Now you clocked off."

That was kinda what he said from memory but to relate it to our team I think our team of previous years was full of kids whose dream has never been to be a dominant beast monster greatest team ever in the history of the sport with the winningest record ever to the point where people associate your team with success as in "he's the Michael Jordan of spelling, cooking, driving or whatever."

So I am saying the improvements are great and I am very impressed.

But do I want more and better from our team?

Fucking oath I do.

Suppose I better give them a 100% fan in return.

WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users

wrighty

I watched some guy address an under performing NFL team and he asked;

How many of you dreamed of playing in the NFL?

I think all of them raised their hands.

He then said "That's it there. That's why you suck. You made it. You achieved your dream. Now you clocked off."

That was kinda what he said from memory but to relate it to our team I think our team of previous years was full of kids whose dream has never been to be a dominant beast monster greatest team ever in the history of the sport with the winningest record ever to the point where people associate your team with success as in "he's the Michael Jordan of spelling, cooking, driving or whatever."

So I am saying the improvements are great and I am very impressed.

But do I want more and better from our team?

Fucking oath I do.

Suppose I better give them a 100% fan in return.

WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!

Great post when I lived in Canada a Kid down my street made the NHL and fizzled into being a nothing player because he just wanted to be an NHL player. I have a suspicion that phenomena is more consistent with big glamorous North American leagues vs the NRL. I have seen very few pay cheque players in the NRL except for the likes of Lillyman.
The NHL and NFL is like being a rock star 24 by 7. The support for those sports over there is nothing like New Zealand and while Melbourne could probably rival it with AFL I have two lasting memories of the NHL.
1) We lived in a suburb of vancouver 20 kms from down town, After one play off kids were outside on our street at each intersection waving white towels. I have never witnessed people out in the suburb streets in New Zealand after any sporting event
2) Even as a 16 year old in the youth feeder teams where only 3 or 4 from each roster will get drafted 16 year old girls show up to the locker room and well you get the picture. I doubt the boys from the Rotorua 1st XV as good as they are have chicks throw themselves at them.