Team List NRL 2018 Round 4 - Roosters vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
ferguson is also prone to brain explosions. if we can get up and smash him early, he'll likely be more tentative for the rest of the game. Maumolo needs to assert dominance early.

ok I just checked the team lists again and it's Fusitua lining up on Ferguson. He can still dominate him, especially in the air.

He’s leading the comp in runs, run meters and post contact meters. Let’s hope our halves have been tipped up not to kick the ball to him like Newcastle made the mistake of doing last week SMH.
Yeah kicking to Ferguson is asking for trouble.
In saying that, I’d like to see Fusitua take him on in the air. Huge test for Fusitua this weekend.
High balls for Ken towards Reece Robinson seems a much safer bet, if only for the size difference.
Robinson is quite deceiving though. Looks slow but he’s pretty quick.

WarriorBall

Smash him every time should help

He’s certainly a confidence player, we’ve all seen him in the past suck his thumb and go back into his shell when things don’t go his way, I just think you want to limit his opportunities as much as possible particularly when you have Reece Robinson returning from rugby and still finding his feet on the other wing.

He’s certainly a confidence player, we’ve all seen him in the past suck his thumb and go back into his shell when things don’t go his way, I just think you want to limit his opportunities as much as possible particularly when you have Reece Robinson returning from rugby and still finding his feet on the other wing.

Yeah that's what I meant to say hahaha.

Nah like Tohu Harris said to the papers they'll need to match up against the chooks big pack to limit Cronk as much as possible as well as Keary. That would go a long way to nullifying their potent backline.

Lucky Shaun Johnson's had some field goal practice lately and we've had a bit of tackling practice too.

Agree with that bro, respect to both Robinson brothers for being pro athletes but apart from speed I don’t see to much ammo in the cannons from Reece so let Ken do the damage!

Fusitua vs Ferg will be a mammoth clash!

Reactions: WarriorBall
Hoping that Warriors fans get there In numbers and make some noise.

I'm ok with the Refs, Henry Perenara tends to make funny calls both ways. Klein it depends on what mood he is in, he can go either way...he is better than what we have had.

One thing that has been less of an issue is lost ball in the tackle. In times past there was either a loose carry issue or the Warriors would get the short end of the stick when the opposition stripped the ball.

Brett O'Farrell 'Bumber' the tackle guy ex Storm...seems to have had a positive impact on the way that we go into tackles and get back up, certainly loose carries are less of an issue.

That's one less way that the Refs can get involved.

Our team also has more of a senior player look to it with Blair Green and Tohu Harris. All that stuff helps with unconscious bias and Refs (although Blair is a penalty magnet).

Henry P is the sort to send a Warrior off then look for reasons to send a Rooster off.
At least if Cronk kicks a 40/20 our lot won't go into their shells.

It's going to be a great clash if the teams are allowed some latitude to get on with it. You just know that the Roosters will have in the back of their minds that the Warriors will fold at some point if enough pressure is applied.

That will be their downfall.

One thing we've always known is that if our team plays to their potential then they can beat ANYONE.

One thing we've seen this year is that the improvements made so far have pushed them closer to that potential.

This could be our first loss. But it could also be viewed as the opportunity to rewrite the Warriors history books by starting the season 4-0.

The roosters are the least of our worries. We've gotta overcome ourselves and let all the hard work and development be on full glorious display.

This week is the perfect opportunity to be absomotherfuckinglutely awesome.

Warriors by 8.

Hoping that Warriors fans get there In numbers and make some noise.

I'm ok with the Refs, Henry Perenara tends to make funny calls both ways. Klein it depends on what mood he is in, he can go either way...he is better than what we have had.

One thing that has been less of an issue is lost ball in the tackle. In times past there was either a loose carry issue or the Warriors would get the short end of the stick when the opposition stripped the ball.

Brett O'Farrell 'Bumber' the tackle guy ex Storm...seems to have had a positive impact on the way that we go into tackles and get back up, certainly loose carries are less of an issue.

That's one less way that the Refs can get involved.

Our team also has more of a senior player look to it with Blair Green and Tohu Harris. All that stuff helps with unconscious bias and Refs (although Blair is a penalty magnet).

Henry P is the sort to send a Warrior off then look for reasons to send a Rooster off.
At least if Cronk kicks a 40/20 our lot won't go into their shells.

It's going to be a great clash if the teams are allowed some latitude to get on with it. You just know that the Roosters will have in the back of their minds that the Warriors will fold at some point if enough pressure is applied.

That will be their downfall.

Spot on, even when they continue good form and results the Aussie mentality will suit us as they can't help writing us off, even though we have a good record against them, we beat them last year FFS.

I shouldn't be, but I am feeling really confident about this one. If the boys get through them early and get some points up that will rattle them meaning more errors. When Jazz comes on I would have him going straight at Cronk just to lessen his time.

I am so confident I have wagered $5,000 on Bookie Warriors 12 plus.. I have 23,000 in there so I am doing something right. Though sometimes I am delusional.

Danpatmac

Yeah kicking to Ferguson is asking for trouble.
In saying that, I’d like to see Fusitua take him on in the air. Huge test for Fusitua this weekend.
High balls for Ken towards Reece Robinson seems a much safer bet, if only for the size difference.
Robinson is quite deceiving though. Looks slow but he’s pretty quick.

Fusitua and Ferguson both play on the right don't they?

Great Ashley “I hate the warriors”Klein and Henry “I’m so fair I’m biased against my old team” Perenara

Wondering tactically if it’s better to kick off and try and withstand the early barrage of penalties and ride a he “square ups” later in the game, or receive kick off and vice versa
I actually kind of think Ashley Klein is the opposite when it comes to NZ teams. He handed the Warriors the win against the Roosters last year right on fulltime and took a beating from Ricky Stuart to help the Kiwis in the World Cup in 08. Perenara is in an awkward position. I reckon refs shouldn't be involved in games where they have a past association to a particular team.

Reactions: bruce and Sup42

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
I actually kind of think Ashley Klein is the opposite when it comes to NZ teams. He handed the Warriors the win against the Roosters last year right on fulltime and took a beating from Ricky Stuart to help the Kiwis in the World Cup in 08. Perenara is in an awkward position. I reckon refs shouldn't be involved in games where they have a past association to a particular team.
Last year or 2016 I think Perenara penalised Gavet for legally tackling munster around the legs at Mt Smart for "excessive contact". If that doesn't scream im a bias flog, then I don't know what does.

Last year or 2016 I think Perenara penalised Gavet for legally tackling munster around the legs at Mt Smart for "excessive contact". If that doesn't scream im a bias flog, then I don't know what does.
I recall that incident.
I recon Perenara thought he had him on a cannon ball and then realised that above the Knees is legal...so he had to come up with some bullshit made up call.

Tohu Harris had better watch himself, now he has made two cannon ball tackles and been penalized, we are lucky that he hasn't been cited.

Pulu was on Radio sport just now, not the most riveting interview to be fair....cliché after cliché...and the ole 'the boys this...the brotherhood that'.

Still he mentioned that they were confident for three main reasons, the never say die attitude in the pre-season, the Coaches giving them confidence, and the PROCESS. he mentioned that the new guys give them a lot of self belief and that there are a bunch of them trying to take it to the next level.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I recall that incident.
I recon Perenara thought he had him on a cannon ball and then realised that above the Knees is legal...so he had to come up with some bullshit made up call.

Tohu Harris had better watch himself, now he has made two cannon ball tackles and been penalized, we are lucky that he hasn't been cited.

Pulu was on Radio sport just now, not the most riveting interview to be fair....cliché after cliché...and the ole 'the boys this...the brotherhood that'.

Still he mentioned that they were confident for three main reasons, the never say die attitude in the pre-season, the Coaches giving them confidence, and the PROCESS. he mentioned that the new guys give them a lot of self belief and that there are a bunch of them trying to take it to the next level.

Good thing about Green and Harris it's they've played for top4 teams recently so should still carry that attitude.

Also Roger Tuivasa-Sheck normally kicks into another gear vs the Rorters

Status
Not open for further replies.