• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
rugged

rugged

We need to start setting up 5th plays to kick to Fusitua's wing. We are seriously under utilizing his aerial skills

Reactions: 11 users
Sup42

Sup42

I suspect after we wrecked Manu's body with all those 110kg 6ft 4 inch impact force physics....that our club Doctor has some say in being measured with kicks to the Wing.

I used to get lambasted in that era for decrying the short sighted thinking of the kick to Manu.

I was right in the end....it was so over used that the magnificent beast couldn't jump for even a tap back.

An occasional leap in your career is fine....being the sole leaper is dangerous and hazardous to ones chances of a long and healthy career. There is no getting away from the leaping defending a kick....more leaping is asking for it.

Manu kept his ten trys per season without Jumping...why ? The Warriors learned how to play backline structure post Cleary.

Manu could have been so much more with someone like Jamie Lyon feeding him in space ( same is true of Lomu in Union).

I would hate to see David Fusituas body used as a human Cannon ball....His ability to fly horizontally with no room and reach out with those ten foot arms needs no suicide leaps into collision and unpredictable landings.

Maybe once in a blue moon....when all else fails and the game is in the dying seconds.

Maybe my background in Basketball has coloured my thinking about the insanity of being airborne while someone can legally collide with you mid air...and unlike Basketball...totally fk any chance you might have of landing on both feet.

How ridiculous would it be were Basketballers allowed to smash into each other while competing for the ball in groups ?

There is a good reason they don't set up plays to intentionally collide in the air at full tilt.

As for those NFL nuts....that shits just wrong....spinal and head injury lunacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
] I suspect after we wrecked Manu's body with all those 110kg 6ft 4 inch impact force physics....that our club Doctor has some say in being measured with kicks to the Wing.

I used to get lambasted in that era for decrying the short sighted thinking of the kick to Manu.

I was right in the end....it was so over used that the magnificent beast couldn't jump for even a tap back.

An occasional leap in your career is fine....being the sole leaper is dangerous and hazardous to ones chances of a long and healthy career.

Manu kept his ten trys per season without Jumping...why ? The Warriors learned how to play backline structure post Cleary.

Manu could have been so much more with someone like Jamie Lyon feeding him in space ( same is true of Lomu in Union).

I would hate to see David Fusituas body used as a human Cannon ball....His ability to fly horizontally with no room and reach out with those ten foot arms needs no suicide leaps into collision and unpredictable landings.

Maybe once in a blue moon....when all else fails and the game is in the dying seconds.

Maybe my background in Basketball has coloured my thinking about the insanity of being airborne while someone can legally collide with you mid air...and unlike Basketball...totally fk any chance you might have of landing on both feet.

How ridiculous would it be were Basketballers allowed to smash into each other while competing for the ball in groups ?

There is a good reason they don't set up plays to intentionally collide in the air at full tilt.
Problem is that its so hard to resist using such talented players every opportunity you have. It takes a top coach to look at his team and start insisting that they play away from their best player to change the dynamic of their attack and the defencive strategies of the opposition. Any coach under pressure, ala SK is going to find it ridiculously hard to do this. Wins are more important than player wellbeing in the short term.

Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

Problem is that its so hard to resist using such talented players every opportunity you have. It takes a top coach to look at his team and start insisting that they play away from their best player to change the dynamic of their attack and the defencive strategies of the opposition. Any coach under pressure, ala SK is going to find it ridiculously hard to do this. Wins are more important than player wellbeing in the short term.
Sadly true.

Especially when players like Manu don't grow on trees.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Thanks for posting this. A good listen and some unexpected compliments from the Aussies for the Warriors.
Yea i love sterlo, hes so reasoned in his approach to commentary, unlike so many others out there.

Reactions: 5 users
Tragic

Tragic

the greenhouse is funny, they say the things we used to before the season started abut their team. Also going on about how the NRL stuffs them cause they dont really want an out of state team in the comp - familiar anyone?.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Give Sticky a break guys .

He's the only coach who has never actually lost a game..
His teams have been robbed over 50% of matches played, but they've never been beaten by a better side.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
snake77

snake77

the greenhouse is funny, they say the things we used to before the season started abut their team. Also going on about how the NRL stuffs them cause they dont really want an out of state team in the comp - familiar anyone?.
Don't want an out of state team. We are royally screwed then.:(

Funny how every team thinks they get screwed by the refs. Manly think its a conspiracy for the NRL to screw them. Every team thinks for some reason their team gets all of the bad calls.

Remember referees are people to.:) They just screw the Warriors more than the others.:finger: Sorry couldn't resist I'm a die hard one eyed Warriors supporter.:p

Penpal

Interesting to hear so much chatter about the Warriors discipline around the place.
Warning, big rant below.
The performance of the refs in the first half made me not want to watch NRL anymore. I'm not sure if they were that incompetent or if corruption in sport is as big of a deal as some people (who I usually laugh at) are right but one way or the other something is seriously wrong.
The only thing more stupid than the inconsistent refereeing was the Canberra coach's (can't bring myself to say his name anymore which is sad given I loved him as a player) reaction. If you hadn't have been handed the first half on a plate by the two men in the middle you would never have been in a position to worry about your last try being disallowed.
The reality is if the raiders turned up to play in the second half instead of looking to milk penalties every tackle and slowing themselves down against a team who was obviously fatigued from hardly touching the ball in the first half they would have won easy. Tbf thou, can you blame the players? After the first half they probably thought all they had to do was ask and the penalty would be granted.
If the NRL can't sort their shit out with referees and the rules of the game very soon the entire NRL will be heading the same way as the sad little man at Canberra and team of whinges. rant over

Reactions: 3 users

Penpal

Not sure if that is a serious post or you are just fishing for a result but how often did they have players (not at marker because they weren't square or even close to it) but rejoined before they got near the 10???
Also, why ping guys for nothing penalties when there is so much milking going on but ignore Canberra players constantly walking sideways off the mark to free things up for your hooker.
Sure its all good for most on this forum because the Warriors won but it's a shocking look for the game and if the current level of reffing continues it will stop teams making the finals. These guys are on pretty big money but nobody says anything yet when the kid on minimum wage makes a couple of errors everyone slams him and says he should never play fg again. Seems if you're only on the cusp a no accountability life as a ref is the better option. And yes I know it's not any job etc

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
thanks for checking - interesting ...
No what happens is when you throw a simultaneous offload as held is called, the refs double blows and the ball is then passed back to the offloader. The ref then sets himself and blows time back on for you to play the ball, he never did that. I don't really care because we won, but technically it was wrong thats why Canberra were nowhere to be seen chasing the 1st field goal.

Penpal

My issue with the Blair incident is it happens at least twice a game and goes unnoticed.
Yes its dumb and he shouldn't have done it but seriously how can you pluck one out every second week and argue that you police it with consistency.

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Can you perhaps post what he said. I can't get any audio on my work computer
um if i remember right, he thought the try was a try and the no try a no try, but admitted he would like to look at it again. Then talked through what constitutes an obstruction. Was glowing about the win, but really timid on saying that they had turned a corner and that it was to soon to judge. it was a fairly long bit of radio, but included both after match reports and a lot of talk about Sticky and how he really was just having a winge. A lot of talk about how the Raiders are fadders, but have the meat on the park to be better than they are. And a fair bit of general banter. Also had Wendal on there and hes quick to call a spade a spade.
I just find Sterlo calm and unflappable in the way he talks even when hes excited. Hes very knowledgeable and has never written off the warriors just cause they play out of Kiwi Land.

Oh and there was a lot of talk about all the penalties and how everyone last year was demanding that the refs crack down on the play of the ball and now that they are doing it that everyone is being hypocritical and giving them shit for doing it. Plus the fact that players will learn to adjust and things will eventually revert to normal with the new play version included in the just how you do things way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users