General NRL 2018 Round 3 - General Discussion

Man the Tigers just got robbed twice I feel. That dropped bomb kick by the tigers fullback which gave the broncos a drop goal - I don’t feel was actually lost. 2. That last penalty for not being square was absolute bullshit. And I don’t even like the tigers but they didn’t deserve that. If anything the broncos deserved to lose that

The call from Klein was, in my opinion, flat out wrong. Markers were shown to be square, yet the broncs were allowed to position 4 blockers in front of the defenders. Tigers fans have every right to be blowing up deluxe over that.

Don't know what to make of the game overall though. Can't help but feel that the flood gates will open on the Tigers as soon as their defence breaks down and they concede a few tries. They cannot keep relying on their defence to get them through games, without putting points on the board.

Man the Tigers just got robbed twice I feel. That dropped bomb kick by the tigers fullback which gave the broncos a drop goal - I don’t feel was actually lost. 2. That last penalty for not being square was absolute bullshit. And I don’t even like the tigers but they didn’t deserve that. If anything the broncos deserved to lose that
Nah he dropped it, the ball went straight through his hands and hit the ground but he dropped on it at the same time to cover it up. The marker penalty was tough but probably correct, the first marker jumped a fraction early and it was made to look worse cos the 2nd marker hadn't quite got into position either. However the Broncos formed a wall at the same time which is worse. Tigers should've got a penalty for that. Tigpies would feel hard done by. Both sides picked up a number of injuries too.

It sucks that the game was decided by a dubious call by the ref.

I paused it where the penalty was given. The marker was actually directly infront, it’s just that the player playing the ball walked off the mark as he played it.

Add in the fact that both teams could probably have been penalised in those last few minutes for similar offences, it sucks that that one right in front of the sticks had to be blown.

Extra time, both teams out on their feet, both teams desperately hanging in there and it’s decided by a person who is not part of either team, on a play that didn’t stand out from anything else that was happening leading up.

Oh yeah, and the broncos set up an illegal wall to block the runners going for a charge down!

I feel butt hurt and I’m not even a Tigers supporter haha

The Tigers are such an ugly team to watch. Yea it is good they have had some wins but their games are just horrible.
It's amazing that both teams managed to get to 70% completion, it was such a low quality game. Tigpies dragged the Broncos into the gutter. 70% still means that they made errors on almost a third of their sets, that's just shit.

Reactions: DallyM

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
It’s hard we winge that penalties aren’t given in golden point then winge when they do.
Gotta be hard for a ref though pretty much any penalty decision they give has the potential to decide the match

Its not a whinge - the call was straight out wrong

If that was called against the Warriors to decide a match I dare say this forum would be in an uproar.

29497732_10215973165350568_5287874511182581332_n.jpg

Top photo is the end of game penalty - PTB not square, 1st marker just starting to jump away, Broncos have a semi wall in place.

I'm not sure Klein would have slept soundly last night as he rethought his actions

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
Its not a whinge - the call was straight out wrong

If that was called against the Warriors to decide a match I dare say this forum would be in an uproar.

View attachment 24572

Top photo is the end of game penalty - PTB not square, 1st marker just starting to jump away, Broncos have a semi wall in place.

I'm not sure Klein would have slept soundly last night as he rethought his actions
You could freeze frame every play the ball within field goal striking range during golden point and 80%+ of them would be like this. Golden point is a disgrace and has been since they bought it back in for fulltime draws, because the refs put the whistle away right from the start because they were scared. It's visually aids to watch and always will be. People just need to understand because of that, you're going to win some and lose some always with unfair calls, Warriors have had our fair share both ways.

A week is a long time in this competition. Manly couldn't do anything wrong last week, up against it this week.

Interesting to see the crowd for this double header. If it builds up in the next game. The weather isn't ideal but the crowd seems pretty poor so far.