Team List NRL 2018 Round 24 - Warriors vs Panthers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else still caring to dream of making the GF. End of the day if you are playing finals footy you have every chance
yep..got my ticket to the game monday....after sundays game i was gutted.im thinking us warriors fans aee like dogs who have been beaten too much! Delighted when we win and suicidal when we lose!!

wrighty

I am sure we will all been tuned in shortly to cheer manly on

They do have some good players and match up well against wests

If WT jag a win then I will live with a 1 point win by them to keep the points differential nice and large, I don't trust us not to lose by a heap to either Penrith or the Raiders esp being Simons 300th assuming he doesn't get injured this week

wrighty

No mention on one network news about the important times for the warriors.

There are always fans that judge the Coaches ability by whether they chose the players they like or not. I'm not criticizing them, it makes the world of Forums go round...just making an observation.
There has been much written about what we are not privy too in selections.

All I know is that when Kearney had his preferred selection round one of the competition, they beat the biggest pack in the ruck, and they tackled like demons, ran beautiful lines, and they looked like a real deal team.

They did something similar to hand the Dragons their first loss.

They did it in Sydney against the Star studded Roosters.

In between those same players have gone away from the game plan (Fk all of them are running decoys, plenty of them are missing one on one tackles) I refuse to blame the coach for that....the Coach gave them the tools that work....their inability to use them is 100 % on the players.

Sacking coaches is the worst failure of this club, I believe Kearney will prevail.

I don't like some of his picks but I figure that in truth,,,when the players do what he says....no matter who they are...they tend to win.

As couple of things .We were doing at the start an was helping our success

The most noticeable was we were kicking penalties .Take the two points an get the
Ball back .
Breathing circle
These were the two most noticeable .An when we arnt playing
Well .These things are not happening ..

The other thing wasPulu ,Sao an Lisone were playing when we had a bit of a
Winning streak going .
Now we use a bit of a lighter pack .?
Just a couple of things .

Read an article about Steve Hansen and his approach to going into round 2 vs the Wallabies;

"They'll come out and play well and ask questions of us. It's why we have to play better than last week, because we know they will. In sport [backing up against a side you've just beaten] is the hardest thing to do. The fear factor that's there before last week has been removed ... subconsciously the scoreboard has an effect on us. We've got to mentally put ourselves back in that nervous state before we played the first time."

Take note please coach.

Read an article about Steve Hansen and his approach to going into round 2 vs the Wallabies;

"They'll come out and play well and ask questions of us. It's why we have to play better than last week, because we know they will. In sport [backing up against a side you've just beaten] is the hardest thing to do. The fear factor that's there before last week has been removed ... subconsciously the scoreboard has an effect on us. We've got to mentally put ourselves back in that nervous state before we played the first time."

Take note please coach.

^ That is importance of mental toughness in a nutshell
I'd say Kearney is someone that knows this, he's been in enough winning game and club situations as a highly regarded player (and coaching NZ) to know it.
When I look at the team there's a few players I think 'know' it from their same experiences as players, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Harris, Blair - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Roosters who have regular comp winning experience/ Harris and Storm whose mantra is 1 week at a time which is where Harris gets his regular " you can only control what you do", and focusing on one game at a time philosophy, and Blair has similar influences. Green is up there too, really knowledgeable about his job and place/ influence in the game itself. I'd have Mannering in that category but this year its like he's already got one foot out of the door...he's mentally tough like these guys but he's also mentally tired. You deserve your 300 Simon!!

I watch a lot of other teams and am always interested in what their players have to say because it tells you a lot about the culture of the club and team. For example, every storm player & coach interview you hear the same mantras, they're ingrained across the organization.
Unfortunately there's not enough players who have come through winning cultures where mental toughness is ingrained to keep the Warriors up all the time. Yet.

I've noticed that a few of our players are now saying similar mantras in pre-game interviews so the message is getting through, they are getting there :). Good for the young ones coming through!

Luke is not necessarily there in the mental toughness stakes imo - to me he's more like a street fighter, he's competitive, likes to get the upper hand in individual battles on the paddock, is instinctive rather than cool-headed and clinical, so not convinced mental toughness is his biggest strength. He's portraying buy-in into the new Warriors culture though, which is a real positive. Shaun Johnson is having a year off it seems and hoping next year sees a return of his enthusiasm. Might be weary after a few years of having to pull out the miracles, needs to regain some belief and enthusiasm but hard to do - all the money in the world can't fix that. Kinda feel he's like the fans, waiting to see if he's part of a real deal team and what his role in it will ultimately be? Next year?

Arohamai, early morning ramble & need a coffee (can't remember which part was my point lol)

^ That is importance of mental toughness in a nutshell
I'd say Kearney is someone that knows this, he's been in enough winning game and club situations as a highly regarded player (and coaching NZ) to know it.
When I look at the team there's a few players I think 'know' it from their same experiences as players, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Harris, Blair - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Roosters who have regular comp winning experience/ Harris and Storm whose mantra is 1 week at a time which is where Harris gets his regular " you can only control what you do", and focusing on one game at a time philosophy, and Blair has similar influences. Green is up there too, really knowledgeable about his job and place/ influence in the game itself. I'd have Mannering in that category but this year its like he's already got one foot out of the door...he's mentally tough like these guys but he's also mentally tired. You deserve your 300 Simon!!

I watch a lot of other teams and am always interested in what their players have to say because it tells you a lot about the culture of the club and team. For example, every storm player & coach interview you hear the same mantras, they're ingrained across the organization.
Unfortunately there's not enough players who have come through winning cultures where mental toughness is ingrained to keep the Warriors up all the time. Yet.

I've noticed that a few of our players are now saying similar mantras in pre-game interviews so the message is getting through, they are getting there :). Good for the young ones coming through!

Luke is not necessarily there in the mental toughness stakes imo - to me he's more like a street fighter, he's competitive, likes to get the upper hand in individual battles on the paddock, is instinctive rather than cool-headed and clinical, so not convinced mental toughness is his biggest strength. He's portraying buy-in into the new Warriors culture though, which is a real positive. Shaun Johnson is having a year off it seems and hoping next year sees a return of his enthusiasm. Might be weary after a few years of having to pull out the miracles, needs to regain some belief and enthusiasm but hard to do - all the money in the world can't fix that. Kinda feel he's like the fans, waiting to see if he's part of a real deal team and what his role in it will ultimately be? Next year?

Arohamai, early morning ramble & need a coffee (can't remember which part was my point lol)

Kei te pai bros. The mentality of our team is frustrating as a fan and even non Warriors fans shake their heads when we waste our potential which is staggeringly high given our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.