General NRL 2018 Round 24 - General Discussion

I'd like to know for sure.

I'd like to say it sounded like fake news.

I was at a membership forum years ago when Wayne Schurrah our CEO at the time said that the NRL had told them Mt Smart was not an adequate ground to play NRL finals and therefore the future of the place as a Warriors venue was also up in the air.

In other words the NRL declared that Mt Smart is out a very very long time ago.
Your only chance of a game there is if Schurrah was lying...and Wayne Schurrah never lies.:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Run_it_str8

Citygirl

Contributor
Makes most sense to me. The rah-rahs would be desperate to have a game at Eden Park for the financial income, but what about neighbourhood permission? That would be real fun. Everyone would have to be in and seated by 6pm, stay calm and quiet during the game and go straight home to bed afterwards, And by the way, no typical leaguie swearing or bad-mouthing the referee either.

How are they gonna sort that in under a week? Chaos would rein.
Well I don't think Aunty Helen would be opposed to having the game at Eden Park, she is a league fan after all . Unlike that other event she didn't want there recently and got canned. Would much prefer MSS myself.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay
Fuck it, I'm feeling so optimistic that i dont really care who we come up against in the finals. If the boys are on we can beat any team sitting in this years 8. Hopefully the raiders game this Friday solidifies my perspective.

Reactions: Beastmode

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
happy to see Napa banned for 3 games. However i would have liked to see 4 instead due to the severity of the incident.

Yeah, but 3 games is a bit of a joke really

Not good enough

They should have made an example of that prick and banned him for the rest of 2018

you just know if it was Blair the result would be different

they are absolute wankers

Officials, refs, commentators and Aussies in general

I repeat

WANKERS

I was watching both NRL 360 and Big League Wrap last night.

Initially I was disappointed that the Warriors were not mentioned in Big League Wrap. The focus is firmly on the Aussie teams. However, on reflection, I am pleased that we are flying under the Radar and are not involved in the media feeding frenzy around any drama at the Ozzie clubs.

Steven Kearney was on NRL 360 and he seems to be doing his best to keep everything normal and heading in a calm and consistent direction. The signs are good. The proof is in the pudding of course and this weekend against the dangerous Raiders who have nothing to lose will tell us a great deal about how good we are.

Next year, anything could happen. We could lose key players to other clubs or retirement, suffer key injuries or just start bad due to back luck or other factors. This is our chance and I sense we are good enough to take it if we perform well. I am excited about out potential, but realistic enough to know that a loss to the Raiders and a first round exit would not be out of character for the Warriors over the history of the club. However, the character of this team, this year, is giving me hope.

Go the Mighty Warriors!

WarriorBall

I gave young Remis Smith a wrap on how talented he is a couple weeks back.
I even said he looked a yard slow for a wing.

Nek Minit

He runs around Matt Dufty.
What a muppet i am. lol

Your not alone, I think he surprised everyone.

They must have used different rules last season, during the finals only two games were at ANZ - the Eels (for their home ground) and the Grand Final. All the other four finals games in Sydney were held at Allianz. Melbourne had their two "home" finals games at AAMI.

TBH I'm probably misremembering the stadium name. Either way, they have to use those giant ones and not their smaller, more personal grounds. It's a pretty shit rule imo. Basically negates the home ground advantage (although, that obviously works in our favour this year)

TBH I'm probably misremembering the stadium name. Either way, they have to use those giant ones and not their smaller, more personal grounds. It's a pretty shit rule imo. Basically negates the home ground advantage (although, that obviously works in our favour this year)
I think the NRL would have a hard time explaining to the Warriors while they’d have to play their finals games not at Mt Smart (with it’s 25K capacity) but go to Eden Park when they let the Storm play at AAMI (30K capacity) when Etihad Stadium holds 53K.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I think the NRL would have a hard time explaining to the Warriors while they’d have to play their finals games not at Mt Smart (with it’s 25K capacity) but go to Eden Park when they let the Storm play at AAMI (30K capacity) when Etihad Stadium holds 53K.

I think the difference is hasn’t the NRL given us plenty of warning about Eden Park? It’s not like if we get a home final and they spring it at the last second

If the Warriors get a home final week one, the game will be at Mt Smart Stadium.

If we make the top 4 in the future and get a preliminary final (the one before the GF), that could potentially be played at Eden Park but it would be very doubtful with how night events work there and how much notice they would need to get it all approved.

We are lucky in that respect as if we were based in Sydney, we would be playing all of our Finals games at Allianz or ANZ.