minute

Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good win but the attack looked blunted, we were rolling into their quarter but then seemed like we didnt have any idea on how to get across the line. Fusitua and Greens tries shouldnt have been scored and wouldnt be against top 8 sides. Dunno why everyone is blaming the conditions, it wasnt that cold and certainly wasnt wet.

Was he on the field?;), Pearce was the danger man brother, and the Knights would be much further up the ladder if he hadn't been inured. They might do some damage yet before the end of the season.
Pearce's injury earlier in the year definitely affected their season. I haven't seen much of the Knights since the early rounds but I thought these two have combined quite well and have been the big reason for the Knights improvement this season.

It was an interesting battle at the start with the Warriors using their outside backs and dummy half running to gain yardage while the Knights were playing towards the middle before coming back to test our blindside. It was good to see us work through that and start to dominate and see another sides plans fall apart.

Reactions: Defence
Loved the short pass from Ken to Fusitua coming out of our end and then backing it up with a dummy half run.

Would like to see both Ken and Fusitua used as attacking weapons in the midfield in the opposition 20. It’s something that Brisbane do with Oates to good effect and just provides something different for the opposition to worry about

bruce

Contributor
True. I was saying the same thing to mates last night.

Why would ANYONE want to kick to arguably the best 'kick-receiving winger' in the NRL.
Why would anybody want to kick to Ken Maumolo either. Just asking like?;)
Did anyone else have my experience during the game, that you didn't enjoy it because you were overly invested in just wanting the two points.

I need to be more chill in future matches.
Hell yes. It is the experience of seeing them collapse so many times before. That way you can fail to appreciate how well they are playing. I was watching their stats all through the game and they got better as the game went on.

Reactions: Centurion

wrighty

I have watched a 2nd time and was able to observe more this time.

This was an absolute must win game for us. And the players knew it. They had sweat pouring off them after the warm ups. Yet we didn't let the stress get to us and we were able to take some calculated risks. For instance:
1) The short goal line drop out when the Knights were leading 4-0. Maybe if we had've done a regulation kick then they score on the next possession and suddenly we are chasing the game at 10-0 and they can begin to play with a swagger. Absolutely game changing play.
2) Jazz has commented that he has had a long talk with the senior forwards and they have counselled him on when and when not to offload. Knock on wood he seems to have improved at this. His offload at the 53 minute mark led to Blake Green's try two plays later.

He who dares wins and we dared. Through short drop outs and off loads.

Work ons for next week:

Beale still is yet to do that one pass that establishes his relationship with Fusitua. That right side looked good though and Fusitua might have had two had he not dropped a simple pass. Beale's defence continues to look sturdy and that is making a difference.

Mannering. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. But on one play the warriors strung together 5 passes in traffic and Simon went for one more and it feebly went to the opposition as an intercept. Still he continues to man up on D.

Biggest surprises:
Tevaga is going from strength to strength. Who would have thought. I wrote him off weeks ago.

Other comments

Adam Blair was a revelation at 12. He looked markedly better than Tohu Harris. Just sayin' When everyone is fit there are plenty of options for how we formulate our pack. Jonno named one of those options as Blair at 11 and Tohu Harris 12.

Post Script
It is becoming very hard to score a try in NRL Don't get down on the boys when it looks like they can't breach the try line. We are doing way better at our red zone conversion rate that other teams thanks to our all star spine.
You basically need to go above and beyond to score a try.

Gave it an A, just a solid all round team effort.

Great to see them shake off the early try against and grind the Knights down in greasy conditions. This game had the potential to go either way early but the boys dug in and didn't really look like losing once they got their noses in front.

Hard to go past Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as MOM, what a stellar year he's having and last night was more of the same. His footwork is incredible.

Hope we can stay grounded in the coming weeks and keep chalking up the wins!

Gave it an A, just a solid all round team effort.

Great to see them shake off the early try against and grind the Knights down in greasy conditions. This game had the potential to go either way early but the boys dug in and didn't really look like losing once they got their noses in front.

Hard to go past Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as MOM, what a stellar year he's having and last night was more of the same. His footwork is incredible.

Hope we can stay grounded in the coming weeks and keep chalking up the wins!

Well said... we have not played too well at home at all this year, but we had some belief in winning and plenty of patience... loved watching and I was always relaxed ( but breathing deeply) while watching this game!

Reactions: Off The Bench
I have watched a 2nd time and was able to observe more this time.

This was an absolute must win game for us. And the players knew it. They had sweat pouring off them after the warm ups. Yet we didn't let the stress get to us and we were able to take some calculated risks. For instance:
1) The short goal line drop out when the Knights were leading 4-0. Maybe if we had've done a regulation kick then they score on the next possession and suddenly we are chasing the game at 10-0 and they can begin to play with a swagger. Absolutely game changing play.
2) Jazz has commented that he has had a long talk with the senior forwards and they have counselled him on when and when not to offload. Knock on wood he seems to have improved at this. His offload at the 53 minute mark led to Blake Green's try two plays later.

He who dares wins and we dared. Through short drop outs and off loads.

Work ons for next week:

Beale still is yet to do that one pass that establishes his relationship with Fusitua. That right side looked good though and Fusitua might have had two had he not dropped a simple pass. Beale's defence continues to look sturdy and that is making a difference.

Mannering. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. But on one play the warriors strung together 5 passes in traffic and Simon went for one more and it feebly went to the opposition as an intercept. Still he continues to man up on D.

Biggest surprises:
Tevaga is going from strength to strength. Who would have thought. I wrote him off weeks ago.

Other comments

Adam Blair was a revelation at 12. He looked markedly better than Tohu Harris. Just sayin' When everyone is fit there are plenty of options for how we formulate our pack. Jonno named one of those options as Blair at 11 and Tohu Harris 12.

Post Script
It is becoming very hard to score a try in NRL Don't get down on the boys when it looks like they can't breach the try line. We are doing way better at our red zone conversion rate that other teams thanks to our all star spine.
You basically need to go above and beyond to score a try.
I'm gonna probably be booed but here goes good on ken for the getting the metres but seriously he does stuff on defence that honestly u either laugh and think did I just see that or u go , WTF!!! this is where in those clutch moments the top teams are gonna exploit him to the max and make him look like a rabbit caught in the headlights jus b4 it ends up looking like roadkill good on him he's improved in parts first hes learnt to catch a ball and don't drop it(still has those moments tho) second he's realised he's not the size of Lance hohia so if he runs hard there's a good chance he'll break the tackle and someone showed him use a step and run into the gap u don't have to try and b Jonah all the time so good for ken but REALLY he's still a greenhorn on D and the top teams see it, know it and will expose it in the big games and if people can't see it and are blinded by the pathetic homegrown commentary dribble and PC brigade who won't write or say it ,their fools because he is still a while away from reading the opposition play when it's coming his way Now I'm not trying to b a hater but it's a fact he's a neon sign flashing saying run here cause if u do there's a good chance u might get a try . A fast clinical in sync backline will eat him up and spit him out no shit!!!! Algood to think ,but look at the metres he gets, well if u can't defend your patch of the field consistently or position your self properly your fkd and this is where we will lose the big ones unfortunately likelike whe klocksted he's a much better prospect but noooo!!!!!!!!! we have this kiwi mentality he's big so sweetas no that's dumb we need a true speed demon with a smart brain and allround sense of the game so there I've said my peice p.s we will crash out because we are weak on his side of the flank anyway that's it so enjoy the warriors but think about it because the other teams already have☠️

• Haha
Reactions: WarriorFaither