mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
NRL 2018 - Round 22 - Warriors vs Knights Post Match Discussion
New Zealand Warriors vs Newcastle Knights
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

Knights 3.jpg

Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 22 game between the New Zealand Warriors and Newcastle Knights after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/2018-round-22.123/

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Two more points. Love it.

The Knights were tough, especially at the start of the game, but they will be black and blue after this. Look forward to a cold Auckland night in the ice baths! Papali’i tackles are really dominant. He is so strong and when his body bulks up I think we might see a massive change in the impact he creates offensively.

I think our long kicking has been underestimated this year. SJ and Green find a lot of space. It wasn’t so long ago that we seemed to be getting dominated inside our 30/40 followed by a kick down the opposition’s throat set after set, week after week. Our long kicks are hitting turf and giving us time to get up in their face.

Night games at Mt Smart don’t really suit us anymore (apart from the power of some of our backs of our line). Especially when the ref tries to keep the game running by not blowing the pea out of the whistle, as the wrestle kills all momentum in heavy, greasy conditions. Just thinking about that, I wonder how different SJ’s career might have been if he played his home games on some of the dry fast tracks of Australia. I think RTS has struggled with this in his time here. It just shows you how fantastic he is as an all-round player that he can be so elusive and strong in other ways. For this reason it wouldn’t be a total disappointment to play finals in Oz.

I love how angry Ken is at the moment, seems to have a bit of niggle in him. A long time coming.

Also noticing plenty of man love between Green and Mannering. I hope Blake will be alright next year!

Jazz is throwing a few pesky offloads.

It would be really great if we could start contesting offensive bombs.

Surely Lawton would be more versatile as an injury-only 17th man? Would rather have another big boy myself, but I guess that depends on whether our forwards are setting the platform for Jazz to play as the rangy forward that Kearney wants.

Last edited:
Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Was a cunt of a game, but we won.

Now we're in the finals. Time to believe!

2018, the year we stopped being mud.

Reaction score
Stone

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1 word ... Professional

MoM ... RTS

Last edited:
Reaction score
jsmooove

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
i love that RTS over shadowed ponga. look i like the kid but the way the media go on about him is sickening.

RTS full back of the year and dally m winner has a nice ring to it

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Win.....tick

2 points.....tick

Positive points differential....tick

Good pace, good intensity

After 7 long years those finals are calling us...….ohh im getting a tingling in the loins!

Reaction score

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I bet the game plan was be patient be patient.
A wins a win but I still felt hungry we coulda shouda scored more tries couple of screw ups in attack.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
Really dominant go forward, spine given a dream ride and did bugger all with it if we're being honest. Though they were offside on their line everytime. Cecchin leaving won't hurt us.

Defence good which is always the most important thing with the woe woes and never looked troubled so good job.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Good win by the Melbourne Warriors.

RTS, outstanding.

Gavet with his best game for a while.

Back into finals footy with a win for Bully.

Reaction score
AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good game. Expected more points from the dominance we had, but it was bad conditions and a real field position type of game.
2 points guys - guaranteed finals I would say now.
Good job fellas!
Hiku should get more of a run , feel sorry for him - much love for this 2018 team and Kearney , guys a dead set legend.

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
One of those games where the passes don't stick and the ball doesn't bounce our way. At least we won but I still feel dirty on them?

Reaction score

WarriorBall

We ran for over 2000 meters tonight, I sense we could’ve doubled our score in better conditions.

Great effort from the boys, sometimes the games your suppose to win prove the most challenging, the Knights are a gritty side no doubt but we were a peg above them and showed we fully deserve to be in the top 8 and play finals.

TBH we looked a little reserved tonight, probably due to the conditions but if it’s a dry track in Sydney next Sunday arvo let’s hope they release the shackles a bit and put on a show like we saw against the Donkeys in Brisbane, with our players we’re a far more dangerous proposition on a fast track.

Top Bottom