Team List NRL 2018 Round 21 - Dragons vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorBall

It was the terracotta Warriors that turned up against the Gold Coast last weekend, just praying like hell they don’t reappear come Saturday.

Fingers crossed Blair, Harris and Bully put some steel back into the pack.

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
So they have stayed over in Oz this week... judging my their Instagram accounts they are doing a road trip from the Gold Coast down to Sydney!! Looks like they are having a great time!!
sounds like an end of season trip....where you a play a game against locals and get bashed and thrashed!

Warriors by 10!

• Haha
Reactions: Defence

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Warriors forward Tohu Harris has been ruled out of Saturday's clash with the Dragons with a new knee injury.

The 26-year-old was set to make his comeback after recovering from an injury to his left knee, but injured his right knee at training this week. He will return to New Zealand for minor surgery.

- I think that's the straw

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
i know it is a minor injury to Tohu but...he's had a few of late...hope it doesn't affect his game like these things inevitably do when you have too many.

Knees are pretty important aye if you want to run around and hit people / get hit.

Starting to think that we will not see our best side in 2018 all at the same time....at all.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
The painful truth is that our pack has been getting dominated so our offloads while still at a high frequency are at a low quality to flat footed players surrounded by opposition, or even to an offside team mate.

Harping on but until our pack wins the battle up front we're gana keep getting pumped like the useless summama biscuits we've been playing like.
True. Thing is, We won't win the battle up front with our forwards. Honest toilers. But to small to bend the line. Afoa does a good job with his leg drive. Paasi goes hard. But that's it.
That's why I mentioned support players hitting holes on either side of our known off loaders. 2nd phase play. We are small, But mobile. Not meeting the opposition in one off runs up the guts. Running them around.
Blair /Harris/Paasi/ Papalii /Afoa are more than capable to offload in traffic. We just don't see anyone running off them anymore. SJ/Luke/RTS/Fus/Ken/Kata/Hiku running off said players would be a nightmare for opposition teams IF they bothered to do more often.

Reactions: Tragic and Hadyn

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
The lack or serious support runners (not obvious decoys with their hands not ready lol) means our forwards are less likely to bend the line because there is no indecision in defenders to exploit: they can just number up and wrestle.

It’s one thing the warriors haven’t done well in years...

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
The lack or serious support runners (not obvious decoys with their hands not ready lol) means our forwards are less likely to bend the line because there is no indecision in defenders to exploit: they can just number up and wrestle.

It’s one thing the warriors haven’t done well in years...

I actually watched an old game where from our own goal line it went

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Manu.
3. Price.
4. Lauaki with the offload to McKinnon running hard in support into a gap stepping the fullback and going all the way.

It was vs the Roosters and it was a fucking glorious 100 metre set ending with a gorgeous try.

The difference I suppose is the speed of our play the ball was light speed compared to the Melbourne wrestle fest we have now.

Reactions: Fearmuss and Akkerz

letsgonewarriors

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 4, 2013
I actually watched an old game where from our own goal line it went

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Manu.
3. Price.
4. Lauaki with the offload to McKinnon running hard in support into a gap stepping the fullback and going all the way.

It was vs the Roosters and it was a fucking glorious 100 metre set ending with a gorgeous try.

The difference I suppose is the speed of our play the ball was light speed compared to the Melbourne wrestle fest we have now.
Wade McKinnon was our best support players always running through looking for someone to offload to him.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I just wish Blair would knock some one out and get some real mongrel big dick power going with this team.

He’s already getting suspended for dumbshit anyway.

That's actually a good point- if u wanna be known as an enforcer you're better off putting one on someone's chin rather than cheap shooting them in the back- the punishment is the same anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings