Post Match NRL 2018 - Round 21 - Dragons vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Aug 4, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

NRL 2018 - Round 21 - Dragons vs Warriors Post Match Discussion
    St George-Illawarra Dragons vs New Zealand Warriors
    WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 21 game between the New Zealand Warriors and St George-Illawarra Dragons after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/2018-round-21.122/

2. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

Fuckin awesume game, great stuff from the boys to break the hoodoo, gave it an A not an A+ as they didn’t score in the second half which is getting worrying.......

3. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

So I guess I put my money on Newcastle next week

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

Like I said earlier, I was confident for a win, until the 2nd half started.

The ref rot started with the Sharks game and nothing has changed

5. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Proud as but we played shit house in that second half. Too much high fiving and head patting going on after the first half. Fuck knows what Kearney says to them at half time. Probably something like "yeah ya-know, going good boys, ya-know stick to the process..." we just lacked any kind of intensity when we came back out, and it's not the first time that we've come back out flat. Kearney bro, get a motivational speaker, a good one, to write you up something to use at half time.

6. 3rdstriker
    Join:
    Nov 11, 2014

3rdstriker 1st Grade Fringe

What a game A++ on effort not perfect but they needed that win congratulations boys.

7. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

RTS was massive.

Kata was so polarising.

A win hard earned.

Maybe we can break our GF hoodoo?

8. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

adalu239 1st Grade Fringe

To all the Tevaga haters, he was outstanding today.

RTS had a quality captains effort

Kata was actually alright today. Beale was great defensively.

Mannering put in a classic Mannering workhorse effort

Isaac Luke is our key player. Without him, were no chance of a premiership.

Papalii is a future warriors great. 19 Years old. Unbelievable.

Great performance

9. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Fuck year... That's our hardest game ever,,, and we won.

This team is legend.

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  10. Lance155
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Lance155 1st Grade Fringe

We deserve credit for this. We had so much pressure on our line and we did actually defended really well. I hope the line "almost blew a 18 point lead" line comes out. That is not what happened today

11. Tony Martin
    Join:
    Jun 4, 2016

Tony Martin 1st Grade Fringe

RTS freakish first half plus phenomenal second half D won us that.

Special mentions Adam Blair and Beale

12. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Again a game of two halves. That is supposed to be a cliche not a way of life.

Great first half with good go forward and high completions. Built into the game well and worked our way to get on top of them.

Second half started poor especially when you know the opposition will lift to turn the game around. Giving up two tries so quickly made the rest of the game a nervous watch. The last 30 or so was some pretty good scrambling defense. Still a lot of work to do though.

First win there since 1996 so need to celebrate that at least.

13. Apus
    Join:
    Sep 6, 2012

Apus 1st Grade Fringe

Eating hoodoos for lunch this year.

Bloody impressive showing from the forward pack. SJ not quite as involved as I'd have liked in that first but RTS more than made up for it. Kata...I dunno, I just don't want him in the side - he's greedy and predictable.

Still, that was a performance reminiscent of early in the year. We're getting some troops back - everyone made it through the game and hopefully we can build from here.

14. mtsmart
    Join:
    Jul 19, 2013

mtsmart 1st Grade Fringe

Missed a chance to go above the Broncos on the table. Both teams have 24 points, but Broncos at 7th cos of better PD. A win by the Warriors by 15+ would have put them ahead. RTS my MoM. Fusitua had a shocker, couple of errors could've had tries scored against them. Shudder to think what might have been if the Dragons hadn't had a player in the bin.

15. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

Thank fuck for that.

Kata!!! Forward pass to ruin another guaranteed try. Another STUPID dummy half barge on the last to wreck another chance. Your 2 tries should not be enough to save your spot. Go home and learn to pass a ball.

Fus, good call to force your way into that last bomb to take your confidence back.

Blair, that last hit is why we paid the money for you. Big hits at big times.

RTS, great metres, but id love to see less jiggle, and more forward running.

I thought Jazz was great. Luke really seems to use him to try to gain ascendancy. Each time we were desperate for metres, Luke looked for him to trug the ball up and get us going.

Ken had great compossure throughout the game.

16. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Never doubted The Process for one minute!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. BiggerD
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

BiggerD 1st Grade Fringe

The Warriors are best when all the "Key" players are together.
    Last week against the Titans, the Warriors where down Blair & Green etc & played like crap in the 2nd half.

However, with the very experienced Blair back today, he led the team in critical moments.

A very good confidence win … They will upset a few teams in the finals.

18. Donal
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2014

Donal 1st Grade Fringe

Well, if ever two weeks showed us the roller coaster life of a Warriors fan, it's these last two. Hopelessly outclassed by a mediocre side last week, out-muscled a seriously good side this week. Fantastic effort. And int he context of the season, a critical two points.

What on earth is it that has us not really there one week, and totally committed the next? No idea either, but this week we turned up with attitude at a horror venue for us and took the points.

And if you didn't believe in how important the 'spine' is, you will now. When we've got RTS, Blake Green, Shaun and Luke available and up for it, we are a very very hard team indeed to beat.

RTS in particular - what a game! And not just the individual effort, which was immense - that steal when Lafai looked all money to score - but did you notice his encouragement of his team-mates? First class captaincy.

Praise all round. I usen't rate Tevaga but he's really growing into the role, the off-load for Luke's try was terrific. And Beale is now fairly evidently a better bet than Hiku.

If I had a minor niggle, while Kata had a very good game, could someone please help him to judge when to go himself and when to give it to Maumalo (who was seriously pissed off at the lack of ball). We're playing with 12.5 men if one of our wingers is being part-starved of the ball.

But who really cares. This was a big game, we stood up when we needed to, and the eight beckons.

19. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

Really concerned about our inability to score in the 2nd half. You cant go forward through the finals with only defence.

Why doesnt Dufty ever get penalised for using his own players as a shield? I dont know how many times he did it, but there were 3 shields in just 1 run.

20. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Iafetas Kickstand Wang 1st Grade Fringe

One of the greatest wins in our history. Rebounding off a poor flogging, haven’t won there since 1996, Gerard Sutton doing his best Kevin Hayne performance from when we played Penrith, and the response after the first ten minutes of that second half was incredible. Wow. That first half was great because we were patient and rolled them through the middle.

Poor Fusitua, his worst first grade performance and shit it nearly destroyed us.

Massive efforts from Luke, Papali’i, Beale, Ken, Adam Blair. But two lads who need a special mention are RTS who was just incredible today and Jazz Tevaga who was enormous saving our arses time and time again.