• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
SJ's on Fire

SJ's on Fire

Mate the 'experts' never really jumped on the bandwagon. All the shows/articles I read during the year said yes we are going well but the wheels will fall off. If anything they are actually being proven right as much as I hate to say it.
Yeah fair point bro. Bandwagon was probably not the best term to describe it though I do believe a bit of hype was created over the ditch when the boys were going well. I recall Joey Johns getting interviewed prior to Panthers game giving us a big wrap re our season so far and that we would go the distance and perhaps take it out with the talent of our roster! What annoys me is that he was part of the footy show team that were laughing at our chances when Slater said we would be the improvers out of the 16. Said Billy was "the funniest bloke he's met in his life!". Guess that's expected after the past 6 years of missing finals. Each to their own though and fingers crossed the boys are able to get the last laugh.

Last edited:
snake77

snake77

Bandwagon was probably not the best term to describe it though I do believe a bit of hype was created over the ditch when the boys were going well. I recall Joey Johns getting interviewed prior to Panthers game giving us a big wrap re our season so far and that we would go the distance and perhaps take it out with the talent of our roster! What annoys me is that he was part of the footy show team that were laughing at our chances when Slater said we would be the improvers out of the 16. Said Billy was "the funniest bloke he's met in his life!".
The Aussie analysts have no middle ground when assessing the Warriors. A lot of them it's either the wooden spoon or winning the premiership. They also overstate the roster a lot, get a few wins and they can win the premiership.

Same thing with when we sign a few players its talk of premierships forgetting players needing to make way to sign the big names weakening the roster in other areas.

Soward with the "Can't win in Australia" sounds like someone who isn't watching all of the games or looking at the stats for this year. Blocker a week or so ago made it sound like we were bottom of the table forgetting overall so far this year has been an improvement.

The Titans game was disappointing with the poor second half. It was also a venue where we have done well recently. Our recent record against the Titans meant we could have some confidence. They were going to beat us at some point, hell we have broken enough hoodoos the last few years (just need to make myself feel better;)).

The Titans, Bulldogs and Knights were looking like our best chances of picking up the last few wins to confirm a finals place. Losing the first one makes things a bit more difficult.

Reactions: 1 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
The Aussie analysts have no middle ground when assessing the Warriors. A lot of them it's either the wooden spoon or winning the premiership. They also overstate the roster a lot, get a few wins and they can win the premiership.

Same thing with when we sign a few players its talk of premierships forgetting players needing to make way to sign the big names weakening the roster in other areas.

Soward with the "Can't win in Australia" sounds like someone who isn't watching all of the games or looking at the stats for this year. Blocker a week or so ago made it sound like we were bottom of the table forgetting overall so far this year has been an improvement.

The Titans game was disappointing with the poor second half. It was also a venue where we have done well recently. Our recent record against the Titans meant we could have some confidence. They were going to beat us at some point, hell we have broken enough hoodoos the last few years (just need to make myself feel better;)).

The Titans, Bulldogs and Knights were looking like our best chances of picking up the last few wins to confirm a finals place. Losing the first one makes things a bit more difficult.

Yup 100% and the fact they keep raving about how much the Knights have improved (barely), keep calling an awful bulldogs season “brave”, keep talking up “SuperCoach” Cleary’s ‘success’ with the Tigers and still keep picking Parramatta as premiership favourites shows they have their favourites and tailor their opinions to their market.
The one that always makes me laugh is the “the Warriors have a whole country to pick from” when in reality we have Auckland and a few small pockets.

Reactions: 3 users