General NRL 2018 Round 2 - General Discussion

Deranged

Deranged

Tigers about to beat the storm. Redicilous . Wonder how long all these teams that struggled last year can keep this intensity. That’ll be the real test I think for the likes of us the knights the tigers etc
And us.

Toopi is King

Just calling it early, but the Tigers will make top 8 if not top 4 as well as us. The main reason for the Tigers success though is no doubt IVAN CLEARY, oh why oh why did we not keep him, look at his track record. I'm not saying SK hasn't done good, but Cleary is that level up which we had and could of utilised a lot better.

Aman

Aman

Just calling it early, but the Tigers will make top 8 if not top 4 as well as us. The main reason for the Tigers success though is no doubt IVAN CLEARY, oh why oh why did we not keep him, look at his track record. I'm not saying SK hasn't done good, but Cleary is that level up which we had and could of utilised a lot better.

Why exactly was he forced out?

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Manly Destroying Eels at the moment,scorcher today in Sydney-looks like Sydney teams struggle with the heat too:woot:

Reactions: Sup42

Snoopy

Manly Destroying Eels at the moment,scorcher today in Sydney-looks like Sydney teams struggle with the heat too:woot:

Mate - it’s 39 in Sydney today. Anyone would struggle in this heat.... perfect for staying indoors with air con

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Mate - it’s 39 in Sydney today. Anyone would struggle in this heat.... perfect for staying indoors with air con

Absolutely it’s a scorcher alright- interesting point is I think I heard on the radio that Eels warmed up in the sheds

snake77

snake77

Crazy that at 39 degrees they aren't having a quick drinks break. Trainers are on the field a lot anyway but still nowadays with the talk around effects on concussions and player welfare you would expect having guys play in 39 degrees and allowing time for re-hydration would be allowed.

If it was the Warriors we'd also get the home team wanting to play in their white away strip forcing us to wear black.

Reactions: Horriors2013
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Another interesting bit on triple m was that they were apparently thinking of having drinks break with the heat but teams opted out claiming it didn’t make much difference

Reactions: snake77
snake77

snake77

Another interesting bit on triple m was that they were apparently thinking of having drinks break with the heat but teams opted out claiming it didn’t make much difference
If it comes from the players than we can't complain too much. I suppose the drinks break is usually a quick gather around and a quick sip.

Reactions: matiunz
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
If it comes from the players than we can't complain too much. I suppose the drinks break is usually a quick gather around and a quick sip.

Yeah they were saying something like it’s better getting drinks in around normal stoppages such as injuries and scrums and keeping the body warm rather than stopping for a period of time.
Also learned apparently misting fans make heat management worse and cold towels and drinks are the way to go lol

Reactions: snake77
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Shit Eels 30-0 down with time left in the first half, really thought Eels would push hard for a top 4 this season-Hayne factor strikes again?

snake77

snake77

Manly have done this quite a bit in recent years. Run up a huge score in the first half at Brookvale. Some of the games they have taken the foot off the throat a bit in the second or the opposition have got their act together (not to win just limit the damage).

A few teams I expected to go well are 0-2 but they have had a pretty tough first two rounds.

Reactions: Defence