minute

Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
(Or send off if the punches are ugly enough). So, with that comes the discretion (Why did he throw a punch? Was the forearm intentional?) Once they start on that, Satae was always going for a rest too.
Flush on the forehead, one miss and one semi scraping, definitely a send off if Satae hadnt taken it without blinking and looking bemused at him. Lesson is dont throw punches at warriors. he probably has fractured his knuckles. silly little man.

Solid performance, gave us a b as i thought the Broncos d & linespeed was pretty ordinary and flattered us a little.
Luke was outstanding, showing great guile and pace. Mannering did so much dirty work along with Jazz, they make a great middle combo (unfortunately they can stink it up if its not thier day... but not today :cool:)

One thing I will say is there was some structural adjustments which I think caught Brisbane off guard.

1. We hit the non Fusitua edge more.
2. Early on they had a lot of angle runs aiming at the halves. Seemed to me they identified Brisbane were going to race up in the middle but often the the flanks will hold up to cover a slide and it can create gaps around where the halves defend.
3. Shaun Johnson was getting involved more in the middle third. It made it harder for Brisbane to double up on him and it got him in the right spot to back up Issac in setting up Katas second try.
4. They made a mockery of Wayne. Old mate wanted to make a point about Staggs being relegated to the bench and played two kids on the right edge who were targeted. Don’t forget Wayne earlier this week said the 30 man rule was silly and that he was being penalised for developing great depth. Pops, when you have TPAs rigged the way you have, and lieutenants like old mate Andrew Gee who miraculously resign to avoid investigations, Brisbane should have other worldly depth.

You could see it rattled Brisbane. McFuckstick was beside himself and I was half expecting the Crim to go on a drug fuelled bender rampage through Manhattan such was how badly they were rattled in the middle.

One thing I will say is there was some structural adjustments which I think caught Brisbane off guard.

1. We hit the non Fusitua edge more.
2. Early on they had a lot of angle runs aiming at the halves. Seemed to me they identified Brisbane were going to race up in the middle but often the the flanks will hold up to cover a slide and it can create gaps around where the halves defend.
3. Shaun Johnson was getting involved more in the middle third. It made it harder for Brisbane to double up on him and it got him in the right spot to back up Issac in setting up Katas second try.
4. They made a mockery of Wayne. Old mate wanted to make a point about Staggs being relegated to the bench and played two kids on the right edge who were targeted. Don’t forget Wayne earlier this week said the 30 man rule was silly and that he was being penalised for developing great depth. Pops, when you have TPAs rigged the way you have, and lieutenants like old mate Andrew Gee who miraculously resign to avoid investigations, Brisbane should have other worldly depth.

You could see it rattled Brisbane. McFuckstick was beside himself and I was half expecting the Crim to go on a drug fuelled bender rampage through Manhattan such was how badly they were rattled in the middle.
yeah agree on all points...and they are the key ones.

We also Kicked early to the corners and put up a half decent Kick chase.

The tackle area was three man efforts never less.

All the little boxes seemed to be getting ticked.....you also had multiple decoy runners....support play was sound,

Scramble was good...so people are talking and busting arse.

Makes you wonder where all that goes the next week with this lot. I keep hoping the early season fervor returns now the smell of the finals is in the air.

Have to admit that watching the replay and hearing Kevin Walters and Cory Parker holds a perverse satisfaction when they're talking about a come back at twenty six nil down.

If Kearney has fixed anything with this side it is the ability to hold out half time leads at 100 % this year.

Btw wot was Kata doing when the scrap was on ? running in and trying to jump on everyone......son if you have to jump to be in the fight you might want to reassess your decision to get into one.

Last edited:

wrighty

It is a swamp. They might have improved it but it cannot be as good as Mount Smart.
Google says you are incorrect...here is a newspaper article about a cricket game that went ahead despite rain.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...er-ground-comes-up-trumps-for-t20-tussle.html

"Kiwi and South African players alike have expressed their admiration of Eden Park after the ground came up trumps for Friday's T20 tussle.

More than 36 millimetres of rain lashed Auckland on Thursday before another 16mm hit on Friday morning, making the game's cancellation a mere formality.

Yet somehow the Kingsland ground was able to drain in time for a 7pm start and stayed dry throughout, despite intermittent drizzle.

South Africa ultimately went on to cruise to a 78-run victory, taking advantage of a Kiwi batting collapse to limit their foes to 107."

"We talked about it, saying there's not a lot of grounds where it would crunch down for two days with rain, rock up and it's bone dry," Proteas skipper Faf du Plessis said.

With the warriors preference for dry grounds Eden Park's drainage could really be a game changer come playoffs.

They made a mockery of Wayne. Old mate wanted to make a point about Staggs being relegated to the bench and played two kids on the right edge who were targeted. Don’t forget Wayne earlier this week said the 30 man rule was silly and that he was being penalised for developing great depth. Pops, when you have TPAs rigged the way you have, and lieutenants like old mate Andrew Gee who miraculously resign to avoid investigations, Brisbane should have other worldly depth
The way they kept on going about the 30 man squad rule before the game and the beginning part of it I was expecting Bennett to be complaining how they were disadvantaged due to having one less interchange.

That hole carry on makes me laugh. Everyone knew the rules at the start of the season and yes some may not have agreed but the rules were set.

Like life death and taxes rugby league has some specific guarantees.

1. Rules are to be enforced especially when it is for the other team.
  2. When it is your team the rules are unfair and need to be more flexible. Really should be guidelines.

Google says you are incorrect...here is a newspaper article about a cricket game that went ahead despite rain.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...er-ground-comes-up-trumps-for-t20-tussle.html

"Kiwi and South African players alike have expressed their admiration of Eden Park after the ground came up trumps for Friday's T20 tussle.

More than 36 millimetres of rain lashed Auckland on Thursday before another 16mm hit on Friday morning, making the game's cancellation a mere formality.

Yet somehow the Kingsland ground was able to drain in time for a 7pm start and stayed dry throughout, despite intermittent drizzle.

South Africa ultimately went on to cruise to a 78-run victory, taking advantage of a Kiwi batting collapse to limit their foes to 107."

"We talked about it, saying there's not a lot of grounds where it would crunch down for two days with rain, rock up and it's bone dry," Proteas skipper Faf du Plessis said.

With the warriors preference for dry grounds Eden Park's drainage could really be a game changer come playoffs.

I think T20 is a different type of game to league played in a different warmer dryer season, will just google that to make sure.

Edit: I can confirm they're different.

wrighty

I think T20 is a different type of game to league played in a different warmer dryer season, will just google that to make sure.

Edit: I can confirm they're different.

The family cat tells me that the article I quoted indicates that Eden Park has good drainage. That will be impacted by what season you are in, but still be a relevant fact in predicting the ground conditions year round.

Why are you blokes fighting me on this? It is well known Eden Park has world class drainage. Perhaps you just hate the ground for being souless etc and a concrete jungle.

The family cat tells me that the article I quoted indicates that Eden Park has good drainage. That will be impacted by what season you are in, but still be a relevant fact in predicting the ground conditions year round.

Why are you blokes fighting me on this? It is well known Eden Park has world class drainage. Perhaps you just hate the ground for being souless etc and a concrete jungle.
One question, have you ever seen Mt Smart cut up and turn into a boggy mess. Me personally, never seen it in all the years I've watched even look water logged, and I've driven home with a pretty wet arse at times over the years.

You are right though I hate the shit hole that is Eden Park almost as much as the complaining arseholes that live near it that don't want riff raff league fans devaluing their property values when they turn up to games there.

wrighty

One question, have you ever seen Mt Smart cut up and turn into a boggy mess. Me personally, never seen it in all the years I've watched even look water logged, and I've driven home with a pretty wet arse at times over the years.

You are right though I hate the shit hole that is Eden Park almost as much as the complaining arseholes that live near it that don't want riff raff league fans devaluing their property values when they turn up to games there.

Thanks for your good spirited reply. Cheers for that.

Indeed Mt Smart seems ok also from a drainage perspective when I watch it on TV. I just made an educated guess it hasn't had the millions of dollars poured into its drainage system that Eden Park has. From some of the articles I was reading, Eden Park used to be a waterlogged mess after a down pour even into the early 2000s. Then they made a massive project out of upgrading its entire turf structure and put in a best in class solution based on benchmarking different turf systems around the world.

I should have been more careful with my words. I suspect that even if Mt Smart hasn't been flooding or boggy it has probably still been "soft" or even on some rainy days "heavy". In theory, and theories can be wrong. Eden Park on each day of the year should be a bit firmer than Mt Smart. Let's hope I am right as this helps the Warriors if they play there a bit later.

I am sorry that Eden Park sucks from other aspects. I am not an Aucklander so you are more knowledgeable about the issues than I am about bothersome neighbours etc.

I am a big cricket fan so I know that many cricketers want to see a different venue for test match cricket as the regard Eden Park as a souless venue with concrete every where you look.

I have only been there once, for an ODI match which we lost in 1990. We were 18 and tried to sneak rum and coke into the stands and he made us drink it before we were allowed in. That instruction didn't bother us much and we had a grand time.

Last edited by a moderator: