General NRL 2018 Round 17 - General Discussion

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

At the end there I was having flashbacks to Anzac Day when the Storm just kept scoring.

They are so lethal when it all clicks. To have 6 players out with Origin and not miss a beat is pretty impressive.

Somebody surely has to snare one of Croft, Jacks or Hughes pretty soon.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Albie came on and they got on top and went bang, bang, bang, ran hard, offloads, didn’t have to do any tackling which suits him!

Played poor old Nightingale in the back row for most of the game, was horrible, must have got 5 tries down his side, good reminder that even though Ken and Manu are much bigger, converting wingers for funsies in the middle of a season is not a great idea.

Reactions: 4 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Albie came on and they got on top and went bang, bang, bang, ran hard, offloads, didn’t have to do any tackling which suits him!

Played poor old Nightingale in the back row for most of the game, was horrible, must have got 5 tries down his side, good reminder that even though Ken and Manu are much bigger, converting wingers for funsies in the middle of a season is not a great idea.

Just for funsies , oh come on just once SK .

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Yup he's in a Storm environment with all their expectations etc.

Good for him.
i think it was more a planned idea of holding him back until he got his first run against a tiring side. Knowing Bellamy he probably was told just to cart it up with a few hard runs and get blooded as a Storm player. I would think that he wont get to many opportunities like that where he is playing a team with their 4 best forwards out and coming on in the 50th (?) minute.

In saying all that, how often do we say that when a young player gets an opportunity they need to take it by the horns and show the coach what they are capable of right off the bat. Well he did that.

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

At the end there I was having flashbacks to Anzac Day when the Storm just kept scoring.

They are so lethal when it all clicks. To have 6 players out with Origin and not miss a beat is pretty impressive.

Somebody surely has to snare one of Croft, Jacks or Hughes pretty soon.
Yeah the flashbacks to Anzac day were freaky.

Glad they got it out of their system....they cant do it every week....maybe two of three times a year....there is a theme there....bullying the teams on top ( Dragons Warriors respectively) at home.

Got go admire that about them....bullying the big dogs.

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Yeah the flashbacks to Anzac day were freaky.

Glad they got it out of their system....they cant do it every week....maybe two of three times a year....there is a theme there....bullying the teams on top ( Dragons Warriors respectively) at home.

Got go admire that about them....bullying the big dogs.
the storm were the team at home.

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

They're definitely not a team you want to meet on Grand Final day.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

They're definitely not a team you want to meet on Grand Final day.

If we could get our full team on the field all switched on to handle the hype and the intensity I know we could at least run it down to the wire.

But Smith still has an awesome brain for the game whether or not he's losing his refereeing shine.

Lance155

Lance155

Some of the Warriors boys have already spoken about how excited they are to play the Storm again. We could see our best game since the first 6 rounds against them.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Wow, Dogs up by 8 with just over 2 minutes left. They lose the ball in a "1 on 1" strip with two in the tackle!? and the Raiders score two tries in the last 2 minutes to win. Fuck me, these refs are killing the game

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Warriors losing on a Friday is such a death knell for this thread lol. Two bloody posts after the Thursday's Storm v Dragons game!!!

• Haha
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
ye didnt bother watching any more games after that.

And wont see origin this week as on a plane

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
You and me both. Couldn't watch another game and didn't even come on here till today...

Haha thought you were noticeably absent.
Could only face the Broncs game after fri in the hope they might lose to keep us at 7th- that just made the weekend worse!

Tragic

Tragic

you did one day better than me, didnt watch another game and only just cme back to the forum, warriors ruin my mental health. Then i also had to see canberra get a win so i cant even feel good about stickys misery.

• Haha

Old Sid

you did one day better than me, didnt watch another game and only just cme back to the forum, warriors ruin my mental health. Then i also had to see canberra get a win so i cant even feel good about stickys misery.
You guys are too smart. I took it on myself to go see the ISP Team on Saturday to witness some effort. Duh??
Double whammy, even more depressed after that collapse. What's with these guys...?