Team List NRL 2018 Round 15 - Cowboys vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup42

Sup42

Jazz is not a hooker, so you cannot compare the two, but for a backup hooker Lawton to be hooked and replaced by Jazz that is not even a Hooker anymore says something
The point is next year should Luke not be there and Lawton is his replacement, you will see a complete drop in Warriors
Thanks for the reply and clarifying your position with Lawton.

Replacing Luke in his present form with any Hooker and not expecting a drop in performance...might only be realistic if that man was Smith.

Lawton as our lead hooker won't work.

Lawton and Roach ? maybe...just maybe one of those two are yet to bloom. ..I can see why they are gambling on it since to my way of thinking getting an old dog like a Nathan Friend is not really what's best for the club long term.

Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

Easy games against the Cows are few and far between.

You couldn't even call the last meeting an easy game. The cows completed in the ninety percentile...playing a very conservative arm wrestle of a game.

That was off the back of a huge gulf between the form of both sides...the Cows were beaten down...the high flying Warriors had just belted the Roosters in Sydney.

If we have a clear advantage over them it is at Hooker.

As we have seen in other games this year, big packs can really trouble us.

If the Wings don't show up and use their size and mobility we could be toast, if Luke is flat...same difference.

The key to the Warriors matching up against more vaunted packs is balancing our up front mobility with some out and out up the guts grunt by our Wingers.

That up front mobility which Keaney favors only works when our forwards run decoys...and when they race up and gang tackle....hunt as a pack in other words.

Kearneys model is one heavily reliant on team contribution. It shows when they make up their minds to defend that try line...every man goes hardout.

This 'process' is shift away from individual brilliance and relying on freaks like Johnson,Manu, Hurrell, proving a point of difference by doing things other players can't do.

In the bigger picture team work, even distribution of effort, is the fix for the Warriors.

Rather than stacking the side with Star forwards - like the mob we are facing, the answer for the Warriors is using aggressive workers.

If our lot show up the Cows show up, it would be one hell of a game.

Reactions: 8 users
Aman

Aman

Jazz is not a hooker, so you cannot compare the two, but for a backup hooker Lawton to be hooked and replaced by Jazz that is not even a Hooker anymore says something
The point is next year should Luke not be there and Lawton is his replacement, you will see a complete drop in Warriors

But Jazz is neither a hooker or a forward? wtf is he? I dont know where your criticism of Lawton is coming from. From what I've seen in the brief stints hes had hes played with speed, accuracy and aggression with almost zero mistakes. I dont think Bully going will be the end of the world. Were a much better team and don't rely on individuals so much anymore.

Reactions: 8 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
But Jazz is neither a hooker or a forward? wtf is he? I dont know where your criticism of Lawton is coming from. From what I've seen in the brief stints hes had hes played with speed, accuracy and aggression with almost zero mistakes. I dont think Bully going will be the end of the world. Were a much better team and don't rely on individuals so much anymore.
That’s my biggest issue when Jazz is selected- he doesn’t seem to have a position that suits him and just kinda fills in wherever he is(and not as a standout)
I’m not sure where the Lawton hate is coming from either, he’s seemed solid and our next best hooking option from what I’ve seen of him, fitness may be an issue though

Reactions: 4 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
All year I keep looking at the cows team sheet and wait for them to come good. but it. just. never. happens.

Even the bookies can’t quit them, warriors 1.74 playing 2.10 is not typical for 4th vs 14th.

Though they did only loose to Souths and Melbourne by a point – whereas we got blown the f—k out.

They won’t make the 8, we likely will, but that don’t really mean anything this week, the only good thing is that the warriors know they hardly ever win in Townsville so they shouldn’t be complacent about it.

Reactions: 6 users

Alexradisich

Please watch the matches that he has played distinctly looking at Lawton. We go back to old habits when Lawton is on the field. Im not talking nonsense, the main difference with our team firing this year is Luke. Its not a coincidence, souths also fired when Luke was playing well

I have only brought Jazz into the conversation due to Lawton being Hooked. Why would Lawton be subbed when Kearney wanted him to play 80 minutes or close to it. Jazz was not on the bench that day to play Hooker
There is a reason why Lawton was pulled off the field
I am not rating Jazz at all

Another example, weekend passed game against Manly. Lawton comes on, the team distinctly changes, If you don't believe me review it for yourself

AusWarriorsFan

Our offloads have really dried up. We were 30 ahead at 6th round, now we 8 ahead. Luke and Harris were in top 5, now noone in our team is.

However, a lot of our offloads were just going to guys flat and getting bundled. We really need Johnson and co backing up known tackle busters and offloaders like Harris. Get that broken field play going.

Hopefully this weekend we win but also get some of these teams around us losing, 5/5 games that impacted our place in the table won by 2-6 points in the final few minutes was soooo frustrating. We cant control that, but it was a bit freakish.

This is our strongest Team so far this year. If we can get Ken the ball, that will be our strongest team. Id have Beale in there on the left. Kearney needs more than one side of the field scoring points and more than hit ups to get over the line. Our offense really needs to start now, the time is right. we 8th currently in both offense and defense, if we dont start camping in the opposition 20, we could end up 8th on the table given our for and against.

AusWarriorsFan

Think we will see Roger Tuivasa-Sheck out and Hiku at FB (and no kiwis game) and I think an argument can be made for no Luke in the kiwis.
Might mean we only lose Shaun Johnson and Tohu Harris for the kiwis test- considering how bad it could have been I could cop that
Totally. We can cop losing Shaun Johnson or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, but not both at the same time. Id rather lose Shaun Johnson than Roger Tuivasa-Sheck against the Sharks, but filling Harris is a hard one as thats where the sharks play, old school up the middle. a slightly weaker version of the Bunnies. V-Holmes is really putting his foot down lately too. But Green and Lino can outplay them, I just hope our forward pack can jam that middle and run to them off the 10m mark not wait for Fifita to come and bust the line then offload to VH to score under the posts.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

AusWarriorsFan

What time is the game, 6 or 8pm? (I'm guessing 8pm here?)
Will be 8 here.

If you got the Nrl.com site and are in NZ, provided you are not using a VPN, it will always display the games in the time zone you are in.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Random question for anyone who may know- does watchNRL count Hawaii as USA or Pacific? Need to find a way to watch the game this week...

Blain

Blain

Yes WatchNRL does work in the States. It's the goods too.

Reactions: 1 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Yes, Fusitua it out. No word from the club just yet. Beale comes in onto the wing.

Juju

Fusitu'a was running freely in the Warriors insta stories today.

Somebody on a twitter thread saying its a ACL. hopefully bullshit

Sup42

Sup42

Less Meter gain with Fusitua out.

That part of his game hurts more than the flashy finish against a big team like the Cows.

We are certainly getting our monies worth out of Beale.

Beale is good under the high ball and knows how to defend...those two skills are probably the best of the news with this situation.

Stink one.

Status
Not open for further replies.