Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I am expecting renewed energy on Defence and a slick attack with Shaun Johnson back in the team.

Warriors 22 - Manly 12
I dont see Shaun Johnson making any difference, if not less impact than both Green and Lino as similar halves, because Hiku is at FB. UNLESSS SK has finally started unleashing an Offensive playbook and Shaun Johnson has players in motion to work with, reverse angles, dummy runs (not Hiku because he runs into players and costs us tries). Because our Attack is soooo stagnant now due to relying on 6 going to hiku to Fusitua for the overlap, or Lino/Green up and under for Fusitua. Or Lino/Green with a forward busting onto the try line with a short ball. Our offense is so 1 dimensional even Manly have it covered.

The only difference is if Shaun Johnson decides to run the ball, which I hope he does. But thats not going to carry us either. We need some structured offense for the rest of the season to increase our overall attack which is piss poor on the ladder.

SOOOO many quality backs that can step off an offload which we lead the comp in, yet its always to a stagnant player, not Ken running at 50Kph. We need to back up Luke, Harris etc, our known offloaders, consistently.

Ken, Beale, Johnson, Fusitua, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Harris, can all step any player and create broken field play with somebody to offload to.

Im all for Green playing game management, but we need more offense in that game management. SK needs to unlease them and stop holding them back for the sake of completions. We get it, complete your SETS. But with offense we have a weakened defense because the other team is on our try line. We need to be getting down their end and staying there. PERIOD.

Select Beale and move Hiku to wing, Fusitua to FB you goose.

adelaide rams

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 2, 2015
What is wrong with the guy? Could live a life most of us dream about. Isn't that what he was sacked at the tigers for?

Complete drop kick. Was sacked from Tigers for this shit. And then had another chance with Bulldogs and was sacked in the pre season.
Taking it all for granted! Yet guys like Ben Henry, Alex McKinnon have there careers cut short from no fault of there own.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Slippery banana skin game for sure. We could easily get our pants pulled down.

Hoping the boys get up and Beale scores a hat-trick.

Only at the Warriors could our first choice center become the underdog... But I guess that's why we love this rag tag bunch.:wacky:

Reactions: Off The Bench

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
I'd push Hiku to wing, and Fusitua to full back.

Fusitua is way better at ball playing from the back. We lose very little on attack with him there.

But we need to win games, so Fusitua must stay on the right wing and keep scoring tries.

The players all have simple jobs to do, and when they all do them well, we are nigh on unbeatable.

Fusitua to fullback is my like. But with Shaun Johnson back he may benefit more on the wing

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Manly have dropped Moses Suli for missing training. I'm shocked as he was so reliable for his other 2 clubs this year
Did he miss training when they were back in Australia or after they arrived in NZ?

I know that seems like a daft question but if they were back in Australia it would seem still be stupid but more likely. If he missed while here in NZ while staying at the same hotel as the rest of the team it really is stupid seeing as all he needs to do is get up with the rest of the guys all day not get lost and get on the bus to training and the game.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Did he miss training when they were back in Australia or after they arrived in NZ?

I know that seems like a daft question but if they were back in Australia it would seem still be stupid but more likely. If he missed while here in NZ while staying at the same hotel as the rest of the team it really is stupid seeing as all he needs to do is get up with the rest of the guys all day not get lost and get on the bus to training and the game.
A misplaced passport.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...-moses-suli-dropped-after-losing-his-passport

If it is a case of losing that is pretty embarrassing as it means it stops him being able to turn up for work.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
I liked the story about him being late for training even though one of his teammates picked him up on the way.

When they arrived he told his mate to go ahead and that he'd join him in a second.

Two hours later somebody goes out to the carpark and he's asleep in the car.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
What are people expecting the pitch to be like tomorrow? Warriors playing style this season suits what in racing terms would be described as 'good to firm' underfoot. I know all pitches are excellent nowadays compared to the mudbaths of say 30 years ago, but a bit softer from heavy rain and I wouldn't be as confident.

ko wai ra

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 15, 2014
Yard stick game for mine....
The two teams that really test our seasons credentials are manly & st george....
We have already ticked off 1 box....

Kiakaha boys & lets gone do it again

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
What are people expecting the pitch to be like tomorrow? Warriors playing style this season suits what in racing terms would be described as 'good to firm' underfoot. I know all pitches are excellent nowadays compared to the mudbaths of say 30 years ago, but a bit softer from heavy rain and I wouldn't be as confident.
Manly were training on it yesterday so assume it wasn't too bad - and with the helicopter drying it out the day before should be all good. No rain forecast today down here in the tropics.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
it will still be heavy, its been really wet in Auckland the last few weeks. Im in Mangere, not too far from Penrose and my section is a swamp

I think it contributes to the Warriors bad luck with injuries, be interesting to see what kind of team they would be in a dry covered stadium for a year

Its a perfect morning here though, not a cloud in the sky. Hopefully the ground dries a bit

Last edited:

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
it will still be heavy, its been really wet in Auckland the last few weeks. Im in Mangere, not too far from Penrose and my section is a swamp

I think it contributes to the Warriors bad luck with injuries, be interesting to see what kind of team they would be in a dry covered stadium for a year
Lucky it's being played a few ks down the road in Christchurch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings