mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL 2018 - Round 14 - Manly vs Warriors Post Match Discussion
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs New Zealand Warriors
AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Manly.jpg
Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 14 game between the New Zealand Warriors and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/2018-round-14.113/

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Amazes me there's still a bewildered few who doubt that SJ makes a difference to this team. I wouldn't trade him for anyone and if he so much as breaks a nail before that Denver test they pull him out.

Thought the tackle Mannering made following on the inside when the game was still on the line was a potential game saver. Shock, horror Juju had a massive game patrolling the middle 3rd (edge forward my arse), may still be a bit of life left in the old fella yet.

Want to give a wrap to our twin towers on the wing....mostly for the importance they have in starting our sets a nd getting some momentum. They don't do that our smallish forward pack gets found out imo. Just massive....Maumalo especially....our very own Tuquiri/Sailor.

Ahh going to be a good weekend now. Time to get the Tequila out. Go the ABs!

TripleL

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2016
Great game!
Put to bed a couple of theories, included:
- The Mannering is done line of thinking.
- Fusitua to fullback (not cause he isn’t capable but because he’s too deadly on the wing).
- The Lino is better than Johnson crowd (of one).

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
Top effort.

I really think Manly royally fucked up after the warriors got warned for the third penalty in a row...and took the shot at goal. Almost guarantee that we would have lost some one in the bin. Their tactic of always kicking for the sideline rather than anything else showed their intent was to be boring as fuck!!
Said to my wife they're fucked. Kicking for the sideline 4 sets in a row

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Off topic but when is the kiwis team named and do the players miss next week???

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Hiku does have plenty to offer. But it was noticeable the number of tackles he was missing when playing at right center in previous games. Beale has plugged that now. Kata has been brilliant defensively, but his offensive play still needs work. A tough dilemma as we have one complete center and two that are excelling at opposite disciplines. Which one is more important?

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
The first set it looked like we could be in for a fantastic performance. Those 5 tackles were followed by a kick out of the full which turned into a lot of possession for Manly, penalties and an 8 point deficit.

They did well to work their way back into the game and worked some good tries to get a half time lead.

The second half they carried on before producing some special plays and cementing the win.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings