General NRL 2018 Round 13 - General Discussion

Still hate our loss last week but feeling slightly better watching the Bunnies giving it to the grittiest side in the comp.
Them and the Roosters werent expected to be top 4 for no reason, along side Storm and some teams that have under acheived. Who has stepped up is the Dragons and the Panthers and even the Warriors.

Took a while for the Bunnies, Storm, Roosters and even Broncos to get going. Going to be hard to make that 8 on what Im seeing. We have no offense and we have no answer to teams with fit big forwards running up the middle. I think SK needs to change his plans a little and be somewhat less stubborn in his approach. Its one thing to have faith in a plane, ie you dont move on from one playbook until you have the the prior one down pat. But part of the reason our defense sucks is because we dont have other teams frightened of our ability. Going wide to Fusitua and flanking, and the one off pass to a forward worked for the first 6 games. But its over. We need more offensive options, we have that oppurtunity with Beale in the centres and Johnson back. Look at our Roster. If we cant knock up point with those players in our backs I say hang up the boots and shut the club down. Offense as they say is often the best defense. We need to have teams scared to try certain plays against us. I get we need to keep green/lino style game management going, but we really need some second phase play off the back of that. The occasional johnson running it on the 5th and most definitely some players in motion with our big backs will see points flowing.

if you get bored with the little amount of League, not sure if you have followed the All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime, last season was the Dallas Cowboys, this season is "The All Blacks". Lets just hope it never gets to cricket, and if it does they pick India not Aussies. lol

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Almost feeling sorry for the Eels they keep losing players- glad we let Lillyman go he has literally zero impact

Reactions: Sup42
Almost feeling sorry for the Eels they keep losing players- glad we let Lillyman go he has literally zero impact
Lillyman is still annoying to watch turning side on or backing into tackles while applying the handbrake, now that he is older it really has stuffed his game. I know there was a period for us where Jake was good and certainly the most dependable STATS wise....but he has looked lost when he could no longer rely on Manu dominating the ruck first followed by Lillyman hogging the next run...the easiest time to run.

Other people Like Rapira played a hard game next to Lillyman and got broken while Jake looked after himself.

The thing that peeved me off most about Lillyman is that he would go up several gears to ensure he got the attention of Queensland selectors then slide back to being very mortal...obviously the best players don't do that...they fight to stay up there and ride the form as long as they can.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Moeroa shoulder charge on a held player right in front of the Ref.

What is wrong with these people ? especially people with form like Sam Burgess etc etc etc,,,

Didn’t even try to make it look accidental tucked his shoulder and everything.
With all the footage available now I wonder why players still risk it

Voss just said bye teams get the 2pts. I assume he's just incorrect?

Fuck I hate this new 0pts bye. So stupid. It not means it's even more of a boon to teams playing whack Origin depleted teams during this cockeyed middle third of the season.

Reactions: Citygirl
Thought we got shafted by refs, looks like its the tigers today. Some poor calls, Hargreaves was lying all over Reynolds for about an hour and no penalty. Commentators banging on about Lolohea being a gifted player? He is still lazy and would rather run away than put his body on the line.

Thought we got shafted by refs, looks like its the tigers today. Some poor calls, Hargreaves was lying all over Reynolds for about an hour and no penalty.
Elijah Taylor is worse. Taylor isnt the dominant tackler and he still lays on the back of the opposition, or rolls down their legs or steps back over the top of them. he should have been penalised about ten times this game

Three minutes to go I was thinking the Tigers would get at least one more set. They regained off the kick, unlucky not to get a penalty right in front. The set was one of the worst you could see down by 2 with the game on the line inside the opposition 20, last two minutes.

They managed to get another set which was a bit better. Got a few opportunities to score.

Reactions: Sup42
Well that has to be the game of the year to date...it has been too long since we saw players lying on the ground busted from a winning team instead of just the losers lying about the place.

Amazing, take a bow men, that is why League at its best is simply the best code.

Reactions: Defence

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Well that has to be the game of the year to date...it has been too long since we saw players lying on the ground busted from a winning team instead of just the losers lying about the place.

Amazing, take a bow men, that is why League at its best is simply the best code.
Channel 9 news reporting the first half as “a bumbling game that the crowd should ask for their money back” lol

• Haha
Reactions: Citygirl and Sup42