Team List NRL 2018 Round 12 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
70% of the fans on this message board want Beale to play.

The kata/hiku protectionist society are citing our 8-3 record as reasons to keep them.
That's no different than someone claiming our wins v the Roosters and Dragons are reasons to drop Shaun Johnson in favor of Lino.

Theoritical question. Which center running around today would it take before the Kata protectionist society are happy to let him play reserves. If we could magically sign Blake Fergurson, then would we be dropping Kata? Or James Roberts? How about even GI?

Reactions: Tedster
That's no different than someone claiming our wins v the Roosters and Dragons are reasons to drop Shaun Johnson in favor of Lino.

Theoritical question. Which center running around today would it take before the Kata protectionist society are happy to let him play reserves. If we could magically sign Blake Fergurson, then would we be dropping Kata? Or James Roberts? How about even GI?

Are Inglis Roberts and Ferguson coming back after an 8 month injury break.

Jesus. If im in a member in the Kata protectionist society it sure beats being a card holder of a delusionment society where people think Beale is on par with Inglis, Ferguson, and Roberts!

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Beale was one of our biggest signings for this season. It seems unlikely that he won’t be in the plans for the 17 this season. Us signing Hiku cheap did throw a spanner in the works though.

Yeah, though he’s a kiwi, he’s spent his whole life in aussie you don’t get him to come over on a 3 year deal without saying “you are our first choice left/right centre”

Injury and suspension tend to have a way of resolving these things but I reckon it will be Hiku who ultimately makes way after the bye, and then he’s the 17th/18th man when everyone else is fit, as he covers the whole backline and can fill in anywhere on game day if needed.

Jesus. If im in a member in the Kata protectionist society it sure beats being a card holder of a delusionment society where people think Beale is on par with Inglis, Ferguson, and Roberts!
Nobody is saying Beale is an elite center in the game today. What we are saying is Kata is very limited in what he brings to the team. He's not a complete center. Beale can do everything you'd expect from a center at NRL level.

Hiku can do everything on attack and is lacking on defense. Kata has major flaws on attack and defence.

I'm not writing Kata off, but let's be honest about the guy. He will be better off in the long run if we are.

• Haha
Reactions: Deranged
Well I said early Johnston might not make it and Im thankful, but Surgess did. So our danger to watch is their forwards and the incumbent NSW 9 in Green imo, man hes been tearing it up lately.

However they suck on the edges, and this is where we can/should win, via Fusitua and Ken.

Yeah no Beale and Lawton, wtf, Beale outside Lino was the second best player last week. And Lawton I expected to cover Luke and Lino.

Going with my heart on this one, Warriors by 4 (I regretted it the last time I did this and Easts put 30+ on us lol)

Nobody is saying Beale is an elite center in the game today.
No. But he is the closest thing we have to an elite centre haha. After last weeks effort, his one on one tackles and his offense, dropping him is just old school warriors for me.

I guess they dont want to rock the boat with Hiku but I dont see any loss in Beale over Hiku, only defensive gains. And likewise if you wanna keep consistency I dont see any loss over Kata only offensive gains.

Beale just stood out from the other backs that last game, night and day. Ok Hiku got a lucky try, and Im not dissing him. But Beale is a seasoned professional centre. You dont not pick them.

Reactions: Off The Bench
No. But he is the closest thing we have to an elite centre haha. After last weeks effort, his one on one tackles and his offense, dropping him is just old school warriors for me.

I guess they dont want to rock the boat with Hiku but I dont see any loss in Beale over Hiku, only defensive gains. And likewise if you wanna keep consistency I dont see any loss over Kata only offensive gains.

Beale just stood out from the other backs that last game, night and day. Ok Hiku got a lucky try, and Im not dissing him. But Beale is a seasoned professional centre. You dont not pick them.
People love to talk Kata up like he's this great defender. But I've seen some of the all time worst defensive miss reads from him.

He's a great spot tackler, like I've said, but a solid defender he is not.

SK needs to transfer him into the work in progress basket.

Would love to see Roger Tuivasa-Sheck get a run in the halves, I think it might be our best option right now
If Lino is out, I’d prefer Hiku at 6.

Last week Green played a lot more at first receiver on both the right and left (as opposed to primarily on the left like he was earlier in the year) in this scenario Hiku is operating at second receiver and could cope comfortably, IMO at least.

The official NRL.com preview today said Johnson was a chance. Though I think it might have just been written before the Team Lists, since it says "South Sydney have won four of the past five matches and will be hoping Alex Johnston and Sam Burgess recover in time to head over to New Zealand." and we know Johnston is out.

The official NRL.com preview today said Johnson was a chance. Though I think it might have just been written before the Team Lists, since it says "South Sydney have won four of the past five matches and will be hoping Alex Johnston and Sam Burgess recover in time to head over to New Zealand." and we know Johnston is out.
Hypothetically, if Lino is unable to play due to injury and Shaun Johnson is deemed fit are the Warriors able to seek dispensation and have Shaun Johnson play? or, do we have to select a player for the squad announced on Tuesday?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.