Team List NRL 2018 Round 12 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

NRL 2018 Round 12 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

NZWF Official thread for the 2018 Round 12 Warriors team list and discussion...

The official team list will be posted as soon as it becomes available...

2. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Who are the centres going to be?

I'm picking SK will drop Kata in favour of the more experienced Beale. Hiku will keep his spot on the right to keep that combination alive.

Will be the first time we've had two ball playing centers in how long?

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

I’m surprised you didn’t mention this in either the centers thread or the pick your team thread.

4. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

5. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Same team.
    Did Lisone get popped in a drive by or something?
    Hope Shauns back soon.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

RTS back for top four blockbuster
    Author: Richard Becht
    Captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is named to come back into the Vodafone Warriors’ line-up for their top four NRL encounter with the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Mount Smart Stadium on Saturday (7.30pm kick-off, match day sponsor: SKYCITY).

His return results in Peta Hiku being switched back to the centres after playing a try-scoring role filling in for Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback in last Friday night’s 24-14 win over Parramatta.

Tuivasa-Sheck stayed in Auckland last week on baby watch to support his fiancée Ashley who is due to give birth to their first child any day soon. He was back training with the squad today but still in waiting mode on the baby front.

Kiwi centre Gerard Beale, who made his club debut as Vodafone Warrior #230 against the Eels, has been moved back to the bench, again listed in jersey #18.

Other than Tuivasa-Sheck coming back into the line-up there are no other changes in personnel among the 17 players used against the Eels although there are two positional swaps. Simon Mannering is named to start in the second row with Isaiah Papalii selected on the bench (Papali’i started in #11 last week) while James Gavet has been listed to start at prop after originally being named on the bench against Parramatta before being used in the run-on side.

Also included among the four interchange players likely to be used are props Bunty Afoa and Chris Satae plus utility Jazz Tevaga.

In only his second NRL appearance this year, Satae’s 15 minutes last week coincided with the Vodafone Warriors’ intensive period on defence when he was required to make no fewer than 24 tackles but barely saw the ball.

He then backed up for the club’s Intrust Super Premiership side the next day when he was used off the bench for 58 minutes (171 metres from 17 runs plus 26 tackles) in a 29-16 win over St George Illawarra.

The Vodafone Warriors’ bench forwards made more than 100 tackles between them in the Parramatta win. Apart from Satae, Mannering finished with 36 tackles, Afoa 30 and Tevaga 19.

The Vodafone Warriors, who have remained in the top three all season so far, head into the South Sydney contest with an 8-3 win-loss run after 11 rounds, a season-opening effort bettered only once in the club’s 24 seasons in the competition (in 2002).

While they’re third this week, the Rabbitohs have surged into fourth spot on the back of three consecutive wins. Along with the Vodafone Warriors, they’re the only other side to beat competition leader St George Illawarra so far.

In the opening round this season the Vodafone Warriors not only beat Souths 32-20 to win in Perth for the first time but also snapped a run of six losses to the Rabbitohs since 2013.

In 32 previous encounters, the Vodafone Warriors have a 19-13 advantage over Souths.

7. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Ho hum. Heal Johnsons ankle - heal!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

I’m surprised there is no SJ named on an extended bench given he was running a few days ago.

9. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Good to see Satae get another run.

Beale must still be a little underdone after his long layoff...

Lisone will struggle to get back into the squad IMO.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. xWarrior
    Join:
    Sep 27, 2012

xWarrior Warriors Bench Player

11. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Hope Satae gets more opportunity with ball in hand when he's on this weekend. Even though it was only 15 minutes against the Eels, all up he played 73 minutes 171m and 50 tackles over a 24 hour period. That's a fair effort.

12. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

I'm leaning towards not disrupting a side that has been quite effective this far.

13. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Hoping Satae kicks on in 1th grade.

Lisone.....I do not miss him with Satae available and Bunty or Hair up hair down guy on the bench.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  14. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

I hate those write ups where they give zero info on injured/dropped players. Leaves the fans to do a whole heap of speculating. All they have to say is 'Lisone is injured' or 'has been overlooked'. It's like they don't want to hurt the players' feelings.

Happy with the team list, though.

15. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Assistant Ballboy Contributor

Jazz fucken Tevaga yet again...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. RobRoyMcCoy
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2012

RobRoyMcCoy 1st Grade Fringe

Pretty good team. However Ligi Sao is unlucky after a great performance in ISP to not even make the reserves.

• Like Like x 6
    • Inappropriate Inappropriate x 1
    • List
  17. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

You tell some players the truth, they take it on the chin and make themselves better humans and players because of it.

Other players hit the sleeping pills and energy drinks when you correctly make them responsible for their actions.

Some of these guys belong in kindy imo.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

very surprised to see Jesus Christ named in the 18 jumper.

I thought he was a certainty.

19. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

He's actually the kind of defender that may be most effective against those big monster Souffs wabbits.

I don't like his run fwd back sideways get tackled thing but I have an instinct he'll be good this week. Coz Bully will play 80 and shit all over his old club.

This is a bit harsh but I think Crichton is a fucking wanker. Or maybe I just don't like him.

20. Ref
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Ref 1st Grade Fringe

I thought Sao would surely be in the extended squad at the very least.
    And that Lawton might have nudged Tevaga.
    Is Beale in line to take Tevagas spot perhaps and he could come on to left centre and Kata gets some time in the middle in what has been the Jazz role.
    I'm expecting Luke to go close to 80.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.