• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
We got 2 points... not a lot of other positives to take out of that!!

Should have been a game that we flogged a shit house Eels side and improved out for and against. Instead we play like shit and just scrape in with a win!!

Forwards got dominated in the ruck again. No line speed on D meant the Eels were making metres for fun.
Same players giving away stupid penalties trying to slow the tackle down again making it hard on ourselves.

If the Eels were a decent side on attack they would have scored many more points through Mannering/Green/Kata who were leaving gaps wide enough for a bus to go through!!!

If Moses plays origin, NSW are fucked!!!

Donal

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2014
Auckland
Not the greatest of games, but anything that takes us to 8 - 3 is fine by me. And remember when we couldn't win a damn game away from home? Now we're 4 - 1 : YES!

Should the margin have been bigger? Maybe. The Eels are a team that despite the evening effect of the salary cap look underpowered, are error-prone, take the wrong options and are short on attacking ideas, are low on confidence, and are playing even worse than we were at the low points of the past few years. So that kinda suggests we should have won big, plus we were coming off a big loss and that generally fires teams up. On the other hand cornered sides like the Eels playing for their season (which must be gone for good now) can raise their game on the day and bite you. Plus of course we were missing Shaun and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. All up, this was a game we were always likely to win. But we still had to go out and win it, so full marks for getting on with it, but you'd reckon a lot of other teams will be racking up the two points against the Eels, too.

Individuals? Our first sight of Beale - yes, good stuff, and adds to the D, no question. Hiku at full back - didn't know what to expect, but it worked, bar that mistake around the 60 minute mark getting bundled into touch which led to an Eels try. And Lino stood up again as he did earlier in the season when Shaun wasn't available. Paasi is effective. Issac just gets better and better, we're seeing the guy who was hugely impressive for the Rabbitohs doing the same for us. Time to get Mannering playing the 80 again, too good to be warming the bench.

Green marshalled the team very well. When we talk about the spine, a lot of the spotlight goes on the stars at 1, 7 and 9, but not enough on 6, and I thought Blake did really well tonight. I particularly liked his long touch finders, they gain us a lot of metres.

Also liked it when Fusitua and Maumalo take early carries after scrums: those guys are effectively another pair of forwards. And if Fusitua isn't the top try scorer in the NRL at the end of the season, I'll be mightily surprised.

Now need to break this WLWLW pattern and get our heads back into that WWWWW mentality we had at the beginning of the season. We showed some mental toughness when we were down to 12 men, which was good.

Rolling towards the 8 mates, rolling towards the 8...

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
Fusitua mom. Took 1 million bombs defused parra and achieved in attack. We did just enough to win. Beale is good especially only his first full game back. Forwards seemed to lack go forward needs review. Satae only played 5 minutes? Lino was competent. Maomalo should have scored lacks pace.
But so many times playing an 8 pm game in western Sydney we have lost so real pleasing to bag the two points.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Sorry. Still losing my shit after THAT call.

Worst fucking call of the season. How the fuck can u gain a penalty for bouncing the ball on a player lying prone on the ground? Green should of asked that ref "ok who did he stop him passing the ball to?......a worm?"

I want heads after that game. Disgraceful!
It's a knock on.

The Ref was actually a cheat. That play crossed over from the incompetence level....from the bias level to someone deciding * I don't like you people.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I'm glad we won that one.

I thought we kept Parramatta in that game with some real dipshit penalties at crucial moments late in the set.

Also, really happy with Maumalo's performance tonight - I think he made some really good defensive reads.
I agree, Maumalo has been impressive all year, he carries like Manu, hes been good in the air on defence, and he can step and finish well.

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
Will Smiths throwing the ball into the player on the ground was disgusting. There has been a bit of that this season, actually started by his majesty Cameron Smith - but Will Smiths one takes the cake. I havent ever seen such a blatant display of unsportsmanlike behavior in league. I am enraged that the refs cant see that and penalise that.

I immediately messaged my mate who is an Eels supporter and told him his team can get fucked and I demanded a personal apology.

Thank fuck we won, otherwise I would be have a few holes in the lounge wall right now.

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
So awesome to get the road win. Take those any day. But Para don't have a great pack yet they stilll owned ours. We were lucky to make 40 metres a set tonight which is a massive worry for me against better packs. I love Simon but man he was selfish on attack tonight he was jumping in front of guys all night for a hit up and then getting stopped in his tracks.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings