minute

Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Paasi put on a front on spot tackle as his revenge hit when he got back on.

That fired the others up and there ended up being three big hits all in a row....beautiful stuff...someone like Isaac Luke would have kept that fire going, and even our Princes likes to put a big shot on when the game gets a bit willing.

Sao would have been dam handy out there,,,,he is a cement hitter...silent thug tackles no flash stuff just sore legs after running at someone like that.

I don't blame the coaches for his absence that would be missing the point of the new scene at the Warriors....accountability belongs to the players.

Pulu is another heavy contact guy where Manners and Tohu Harris are not.

We are just unfortunate enough to be missing the key links in the chain of our previously physical mobile pack,

Im looking at these stats and thinking, ok its not a win but its not a 5-0 try and 6 kicks either.

https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2018/round-10/warriors-vs-roosters/

tackle efficiency was 90.5%. missed tackles were even. Completion wasnt great, 16 errors vs 11, 71% completion. I guess the missed tackles are more when and where they were made that is the difference. Posession was pretty much 50/50. Its saying Peta Hiku didnt miss a tackle and only 1 that was inefficient.

I think it simply comes down to sometimes offense is your best defense and they didnt stick to wet weather plan. High completion rate, hit it up kick it on 4th if needed, wait for Easts to make mistakes, keep pressure on goal line with grubbers from Green and Lino. But also our defense definitely were waiting on their heals and not running up to meet the players enough.
Would like to know how many of those errors were deep in our own half. That’s been a major concern over the last few weeks. Putting ourselves under way too much pressure

Reactions: Inruin

That fired the others up and there ended up being three big hits all in a row....beautiful stuff...someone like Isaac Luke would have kept that fire going, and even our Princes likes to put a big shot on when the game gets a bit willing.

Sao would have been dam handy out there,,,,he is a cement hitter...silent thug tackles no flash stuff just sore legs after running at someone like that.

I don't blame the coaches for his absence that would be missing the point of the new scene at the Warriors....accountability belongs to the players.

We are just unfortunate enough to be missing the key links in the chain of our previously physical mobile pack,

Yes, that is why they're 80 minute, consistent, defensive players. Like you said, we're missing a couple of hard-hitting middlemen who come on for less minutes but beat the hell out of the opposition middle and/or edges. Harris can mix it with the attack too but not that effectively when he's having to play a covering, clean-up, 42-tackle game.
I reckon Kearney is a couple or three players off having the team he wants to play the game they're capable of. The experience of this year for the younger ones, another couple of astute buys who just have to fit in and do their job in a crew who will have played the previous 12 months together & I reckon we will be playing at another level. Even Corvo said in his first interview words to the effect that this year's fitness regime is the first of a 2 to 3 year plan....exciting times ahead all going well!
Mind you, holding my breath & everything crossed (or knotted) lol that they can jag something really special this year...the pragmatist in me says there will be more of these losses along with some more wins and it's a raffle exactly what position this team will end up in at the end of the season.
Good point made that in the big games they have to do something, huddle, breathe, re-focus - whatever it takes - because in the last two they have taken the occasion on board & it's thrown them.

The two games this year have started up a good rivalry between the packs. Am hoping (yes, we still have to see what unfolds) we get to meet them again in the semis this year and have Pulu and Luke on the paddock. Will never forget Wiki's hit on Soliola back in 08.

Reactions: Sup42

agree with Sao but unfortunately we had Lisone who lets be honest played like a pussy

I was more gutted with the Melbourne loss. this loss felt more like a slow motion car wreck.... I did think our front rowers played pretty good with Lawton giving decent ball service but once our bench came on thats when it all went to custard, Gavet was lacklustre, Lisone just looked scared, Tavega always tries hard but it was one of those games where we needed bigger bodies to take some of the roosters impact and Mannering just needs to tackle, some of those passes Ooh yah yah lol.. Im really hoping Sao gets a call up

Reactions: Sup42 and Big_Fattz
I was more gutted with the Melbourne loss. this loss felt more like a slow motion car wreck.... I did think our front rowers played pretty good with Lawton giving decent ball service but once our bench came on thats when it all went to custard, Gavet was lacklustre, Lisone just looked scared, Tavega always tries hard but it was one of those games where we needed bigger bodies to take some of the roosters impact and Mannering just needs to tackle..Im really hoping Sao gets a call up
Gavet looked flat, He didnt get on till the second half and I imagine would be a bit cold off the bench, he usually gets put on around the 20 minute mark in the first half. He and Paasi were the only ones that didn't get smashed. Afoa was good, but just too small, dude was getting owned when they put numbers on him and getting pushed back alot. Lisone is the most trash player we have and the fact that he's playued this many games shows that someone up at HQ must be on meth. He wouldnt get this many caps in ANY other team other than the Warriors. I agree with Tevaga, He and Isaac Luke always make an error whether it be a play the ball error or a knock on during key moments in the game in EVERY GAME. I felt like our two wingers tried hard but were plagued with pressure from their edges. Throw Sao in for Lisone and I guess play Gavet earlier instead of putting an Impact prop on when its too late and we're down 24-0 haha

The Refs have stopped the 12meters and now they only go back 9 and now not even policing tht well, was pissing me off seeing shooters out of the Roosters line getting a metre headstart time after time. That wasn't why we lost but FFS some consistency would be good.

What warriors me the most and it's not the actual loss, but the way in which we lost.

Two out of the three losses this year have been thrashing...this must be concerning for the coaching staff. And really, we didn't even look like beating the Broncos.

Bring back the loss by 6 points or under.

Still 3rd .

wrighty

So I have been trawling through the interchange report and comparing to the game events at that stage. Lawton was subbed shortly after it became 8-0.
Lawton was not subbed due to fitness in my opinion as most people in that role can make it to 50 minutes. He was subbed at 32 minutes.

I suspect that Lawton made an error that made SK yank him. But this is a guess. My theory is SK wanted to turn the match around from 8-0 and felt he had to make a significant change and it was one of the few options he had.

If he did get yanked then that would be why Jazz has the 14 this week.

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So I have been trawling through the interchange report and comparing to the game events at that stage. Lawton was subbed shortly after it became 8-0.
Lawton was not subbed due to fitness in my opinion as most people in that role can make it to 50 minutes. He was subbed at 32 minutes.

I suspect that Lawton made an error that made SK yank him. But this is a guess. My theory is SK wanted to turn the match around from 8-0 and felt he had to make a significant change and it was one of the few options he had.

If he did get yanked then that would be why Jazz has the 14 this week.
He was gassed thats why he was subbed. I know cause he walked past me as I stood by the fence watching the game...