General NRL 2018 Round 1 - General Discussion

Off topic, but I'm sitting here watching the Matty Johns show and thinking "wtf is this shit?" Great to see Pearce there, and it looks like he wants to have an intelligent discussion about the weekends games, but Matty Johns and Co persist in trying to be funny, Matty Johns in particular cracks up at anything like it's the funniest thing in the world. Really weird. Is it an Aussie thing? The show never use to be this bad did it?

Gutsy win for the titans.
Ash Taylor is a great player- Bennett must be kicking himself.
Their defense was suss tho esp around the ruck- I think we could put some points on them.
Yeah good call we saw Sam Cook score in that trial as they clocked off right under the sticks two weeks ago too.

Kata has the Tongan on Tongan thing going on with Konnie....we are Jamming in anyway which suits a Kata spot tackle on Konrad.

That alone should be worth the price of admission....Kata has the upper hand so far.

Off topic, but I'm sitting here watching the Matty Johns show and thinking "wtf is this shit?" Great to see Pearce there, and it looks like he wants to have an intelligent discussion about the weekends games, but Matty Johns and Co persist in trying to be funny, Matty Johns in particular cracks up at anything like it's the funniest thing in the world. Really weird. Is it an Aussie thing? The show never use to be this bad did it?
Bro I tried to watch it just for a Warriors mention but I couldn't stand watching old group sex John's play ring leader to his homoerotic fantisies with those knobs he hangs out with.

The laughter machine says it all.....

They will get canned eventually.

Molly meldrums fucking aged

Bro I tried to watch it just for a Warriors mention but I couldn't stand watching old group sex John's play ring leader to his homoerotic fantisies with those knobs he hangs out with.

The laughter machine says it all.....

They will get canned eventually.

It's like setting foot into the twilight zone. The shit is that bad. The show should come with a warning that watching any longer than 10 minutes is hazardous to your health, viewer discretion is advised.

That's enough of Matty Johns to last me a lifetime.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
He’s just as bad on triple m to the point I can’t listen to that station anymore. He holds himself up as this league mastermind with all the inside word when in truth he just spouts the same cliches and recycled rumours, the rest of his show is just gay and fat jokes that even 12 year olds are likely too mature for

Reactions: bruce
Big fan of Matty Johns on telly and on the Triple M Grill Team.

Interesting to hear that you guys don't enjoy his shows.

He's really turned around Fox Sports behind the scenes, they're dominating the NRL coverage now and Nine have no way of stopping it currently.

Titans showed us how to absorb the heat from a bigger stronger pack and come home strong when the Raiders started to slow in the second half. In the first half it seemed the Raiders would coast home off the back of their big boppas. Be interesting next week when we play Titans, I think if we play with the same commitment and intensity we can blow them off the park. Keeping that up for the whole year will be our biggest challenge, some of the younger fellas will probably need a break during the year from the mental grind.

Reactions: snake77

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Watched way more than I usually do, if the warriors are good it reignites interest in the rest of the comp.

- Our “tough start” now looks fine, raiders had a meltdown with the worst spine in the comp, can beat them.

- Titans were lucky to sneak it with how easy the raiders were strolling through them early, should beat them easy.

- For all that talent Roosters were coaching malpractice, can beat the…. Nah they will come good soon

- Tigers were classic Ivan, so much heart on defence, so few ideas in attack, throw it off a blokes head to win.

- Bulldogs look half finished, the storm are scary good though, both the biggest and fastest team at the same time.

- Eels spent too much on backs, not enough on forwards, panthers would be a horrible team to wager on, dreadful starts and rousing comebacks – stay away.

You have to love the early season wild overreactions.

Both games yesterday had one side all over the other before basically being run down or the other side getting themselves together.

I was about to go to bed when the Raiders last scored. Ended up coming back to see the last 10 minutes. Good thing I did.

One key thing from last nights game in regards to next week. The Titans hang in there.