General NRL 2018 GRAND FINAL - General Discussion

Who will win?

• Melbourne Storm

• Sydney Roosters

Results are only viewable after voting.
manu is off contact 2020, get em sk

Been a fan of his for a long time. The knock on him was his defence, but these last two weeks his defence has been outstanding. Hiku and Beale will be off contract after the 2020 season. So you'd think the money to sign him would be available, however I dont see him leaving the Roosters.

I think hes started to realise over the last two games how good he can be, hes barely scratched the surface when it comes to realising his potential. Which is scary as a non Roosters fan at NRL level, but exciting as a Kiwis supporter.

Last edited:
Been a fan of his for a long time. The knock on him was his defence, but these last two weeks his defence has been outstanding. Hiku and Beale will be off contract after th 2020 season. So you'd think the money to sign him would be available, however I dont see him leaving the Roosters.

I think hes started to realise over the last two games how good he can be, hes barely scratched the surface when it comes to realising his potential. Which is scary as a non Roosters fan at NRL level, but exciting as a Kiwis supporter.

Yeah definitely! He's only 22 still has his best years in front of him

Reactions: bruce
Useless Storm, the one time I want them to bloody win a final.
For as much as they dominate the regular rounds and the semi-finals their record in Grand Finals isn't the best. When you get there they are beatable. A nice problem to have as they seem to get the a lot but it is still gutting when you lose.

The Roosters of the early 2000's were similar. Get to the big game but their record in Grand Finals was pretty poor.

The talk at the start of the year was they brought Cronk to win them a premiership like SBW did and to have an impact on their professionalism. Looks like he is on the way to a job well done.

A broken scapula ouch. The recovery time on that will be interesting as I haven't heard of too many players suffering from that.

They hid him well.

To think the cocks get even more rep quality players next season.
Angus Crighton
Brett Morris
Ryan Hall
They will lose Ferguson, Ryan Matterson and a few reserves graders no one has heard about so that should even things out.

It will be Interesting to see where the two international wingers fit seeing as their is a spot opening up with Ferguson leaving, unless they drop Tupou. Fullback is covered with Tedesco so moving Morris there is out. They are also well placed in the centres with two young guys hitting their prime.

Crigthon I read earlier about him having second thoughts about leaving Souths. They were going well but seeing heading to the defending premiers will ease any concerns.

The talk no will move from the Storm attempting to go back to back to the Roosters. They have recruited well enough to strengthen their cause.

Great
The talk at the start of the year was they brought Cronk to win them a premiership like SBW did and to have an impact on their professionalism. Looks like he is on the way to a job well done.

A broken scapula ouch. The recovery time on that will be interesting as I haven't heard of too many players suffering from that.

They hid him well.

And here it is... Ouch... Tough Cookie that Cronk!
scapula_fracture.jpg

Reactions: bruce and snake77
I don't know what you guys are talking about, that game was great and the second half was tense as hell!

On a totally unrelated note, my $130 TAB winnings from the Roosters 11-15 margin makes a fine backup birthday present after Warriors snuffed my first birthday wish a few weeks ago.

Gambling yaaaaay!

Akkerz

Contributor
Compared to the AFL grand final that was a real let down. Disappointing and amateurish. Hardly any supporters for the women's or ISP finals and the entertainment was cheap - not even cheerful.
Well done the bunker, Greenberg got the grand final he wanted. It's time he started looking for another job.

Reactions: RiceOwl