Who you backing?

• Storm

• Rabbitohs

• Roosters

• Sharks

• FUCK EM ALL!

Results are only viewable after voting.
73759C03-B17A-442D-BCF1-2C32517D1CDB.jpeg
That's momentum; he hits him with the right shoulder, the force pushes his arm around. Making it look like a tackle.

When he hits him, the initial contact, his arms are by his side.
What more do you want?

No difference really apart from 1 was penalized (as by the letter of the law it should be) and one wasnt.

Disgraceful call really there was no penalty (i seem to remember Shaun Johnson being the only one blowing up about it to the ref at the time), however one ref's incompetence shouldnt excuse any similar illegal tackles.

From memory Joseph Tapine got charged and stood down a match for a similar sideline shoulder charge on Matthew Dufty so who the f knows how they rule on them.....there's no real consistency.

Shaun Johnson and Captain Marvellous were enquiring. But when the outcome of the game has been decided well before betting agencies........oops i mean it was a fair game. No penalty

Reactions: bruce

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
That's momentum; he hits him with the right shoulder, the force pushes his arm around. Making it look like a tackle.

When he hits him, the initial contact, his arms are by his side.
Billies was exactly the same

gREVUS

Contributor
That looks like pretty good evidence of a legit tackle to me, the arm is leading, the shoulder is behind it

Slaters was pure shoulder, he didnt even attempt to put the arm out

Historically Ausy broadcasters have run the NRL, if Slater gets off don't expect the same leniency for a NZ or Warriors player
Billy had exactly the same, one arm out and one arm cocked to protect himself.
billy arm up coming in.JPG
Billy arm up.JPG

gREVUS

Contributor
I guess pictures can be deceiving, maybe theyre both guilty because it was pretty obvious Slaters was nothing but a shoulder charge

guess we disagree then. The rule was brought in to protect the player. as shown in the photos, the only one at risk there was billy. They were both running flat out, billy was slightly behind and coming at an angle, Sosaia Feki was aware and already moving his body weight towards billy. This wasnt unseen, front on and involved the use of arms and hands or at least one of each. he didnt hit him in the back he caught him under Fekis shoulder and was reaching for Fekis lead arm. IMO not a shoulder charge.

Guess happy to wait and see on this one.

Billy had exactly the same, one arm out and one arm cocked to protect himself. View attachment 26615 View attachment 26616
Spot on front on shows hes just barging him out. It is already common in the NRL, it wont set much of a precedent. I reckon douche bags like Mic Ennis were just talking up shoulder charge, which is a different thing all together and was outlawed due to head high tackles gone wrong. Barging a winger over the sideline is fairly common. And as per the photos 1 arm out for the tackle and the other to brace for the impact. which is more front on than the footage from behind shows. hes off based on those pics.

What's going to amuse me more this week tho is how the NRL are going to have to pull some technicalities out of their arse to get him off what was dead set a shoulder charge lol.
Just heard on Radio Sport that the hearing has been delayed till tomorrow night because the NRL can't find adequate legal representation to hold the hearing earlier.

Sounds like a crock.

That would suggest they want to hand this to one Lawyer in particular.

Better Call Saul.

The ironic thing is if they are looking for precedent then they can probably find at least half a dozen examples of Billy doing the same thing during the regular season and not getting pinged.

Reactions: gREVUS