General NRL 2018 FINALS Week 1 - General Discussion

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 18, 2013
Yeah Drags or Panthers be great to see take out the Comp ...Dislike the rooters/bunnies/storm much more

I think I'll adopt the Dragons as underdogs of the comp... with poor wee broken Ben Hunt, and now Widdop with smashed shoulder again... they evoke more sympathy than the Panthers who a) just beat us and b) have an air of smugness about them, although that could be emanating just from Josh Mansour... it's hard to tell.

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
The semi-final in Sydney guaranteed to be a cracker and big crowd.

I still fancy either the Rabbitohs or Roosters to win the Grand Final.

Reactions: Sup42

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Never understood the hate for the storm? Sure the salary cap shit but every clubs been guilty of that. Self developed players , smallest NRL market in the biggest AFL city , multiple premierships, all time great players and coach, super competitive and consistent plus how many good kiwis players have they blooded?

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
Never understood the hate for the storm? Sure the salary cap shit but every clubs been guilty of that. Self developed players , smallest NRL market in the biggest AFL city , multiple premierships, all time great players and coach, super competitive and consistent plus how many good kiwis players have they blooded?
i think its cam smith, cronk, slater and the fact they beat up on us kiwis and also bellamy annoys me alot. most of those things

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
If the NRL match review committee wasn’t anti Warriors before this weekend then their decision to charge Paasi for his legs hit on Maloney proves it now.

Yes, the incident deserved a charge but not if they didn’t also charge the Storm player who took Reynolds legs when he was in the air after a kick.

The MRC is an absolute crock of shite!

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
If the NRL match review committee wasn’t anti Warriors before this weekend then their decision to charge Paasi for his legs hit on Maloney proves it now.

Yes, the incident deserved a charge but not if they didn’t also charge the Storm player who took Reynolds legs when he was in the air after a kick.

The MRC is an absolute crock of shite!

How about Latrell Mitchel getting one game for his crusher and Chambers getting 3 for the same thing! NRL has never fair that’s why it next to impossible for the warriors to win a tittle.

Reactions: Sup42 and bruce

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
How about Latrell Mitchel getting one game for his crusher and Chambers getting 3 for the same thing! NRL has never fair that’s why it next to impossible for the warriors to win a tittle.
Yep I thought the same thing, absolute crock of crap.

Ive given up on the NRL refs and judiciary. Unless the NRL start spending money on improving both (which they have shed loads to do), they will lose fans of the game to ARL, and in NZ and Aus Union. I just got so sick of it, I had to give up it was making me so mad/unhappy. I was at one point trying to figure out if a human could be so incompetent or their is an incentive for him to be so incompetent.

Reactions: Aman

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
im thinking chooks v storm for the GF

even in beating us i dont think the Panthers will go any further. Mind you havent they only got the sharks and they looked pretty ordinary too.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Be great if the Dragons wounded troops recovered.

Love to see that embattled side go all the way.

Had not they suffered those losses, I would tip them to upset the Rabbits.

Woke up this morning, the Sun came up, and the Broncos + Suncorp Sutton are out of the finals.

I feel good.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
I hear that the Rabbitohs only used 15 players in their match (they carry a back on the bench in case of HIA and one of their middle forwards didn't need to play because George Burgess got a "rest" in the sin bin for 10 minutes).

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
im thinking chooks v storm for the GF

even in beating us i dont think the Panthers will go any further. Mind you havent they only got the sharks and they looked pretty ordinary too.
Absolutely everything went right for the Panthers on the day. It happens sometimes. I too don't think they can or will go all the way, it would take another 3 games like that when anything you try turns to gold.
Although, Sharkies should not have another chance, that's actually our slot. As fate would have it, Panthers might get another lucky week.
Don't actually want either to win so a quick outrageous scandal is on order... Gould to fire Ciraldo? Flannagan to get caught with a bunch of brown paper bags full of $ notes and horse peptides???

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings