Team List NRL 2017 Round 9 Warriors vs Roosters TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Fusitua was pretty underwhelming at centre earlier in the season as well and you could make a case that despite his talent his t best position is still wing atm. Will be interesting to see if Foran can get some more out of him at centre

At least Fusitua is capable of passing.

I actually like kata, but he has been underwhelming the last few games and his inability to pass compounds the problem.

Personally I think the club made a mistake when we let laumape go. He was our best Center of the up and comers.

scored 3 tries in rnd 1 playing centre and is averaging over 100m, just wait until after rnd 13 when he walks on water..

I really rate Fusitua, but don't think he set the world alight at centre in the first three rounds (to be fair to him this is a very small sample). Two of the tries were catch the ball and fall over the line and those three tries were his only line breaks this season at centre
Also are you sure he averaged over 100m while playing centre?

Reactions: Boats n Hoes
At least Fusitua is capable of passing.

I actually like kata, but he has been underwhelming the last few games and his inability to pass compounds the problem.

Personally I think the club made a mistake when we let laumape go. He was our best Center of the up and comers.

Laumape wanted out , he did good for the Warriors but he's union through and through so why would you hold on to him, he could as easily started playing shit to push his point across. No regrets he was a great prospect but went where his heart was.

Reactions: davewjnz and rugged
Said at the beginning of the 2016 preseason I thought there was something special about Charnze... glad he's finally getting the chance to show what he can do. Hope he absolutely kills it and stays in FG all year.

Couple of things - if Manu is fit, he'll take Kens place. There's literally only one position that Kearney will play him, and that will be it.

Secondly, you'd have to suggest that the writings on the wall for Tui now. Can't even get into the team when there's a wing spot available.

Would have much preferred they kept the Fusitua/Blake combo together, but whatever, let's see how that very very young pairing on the right will fare against as fairly deadly Roosters attack.

Laumape wanted out , he did good for the Warriors but he's union through and through so why would you hold on to him, he could as easily started playing shit to push his point across. No regrets he was a great prospect but went where his heart was.

I was unaware he wanted out. I was under the impression we let him go.

Makes abit more sense now.

WarriorBall

Said at the beginning of the 2016 preseason I thought there was something special about Charnze... glad he's finally getting the chance to show what he can do. Hope he absolutely kills it and stays in FG all year.

Couple of things - if Manu is fit, he'll take Kens place. There's literally only one position that Kearney will play him, and that will be it.

Secondly, you'd have to suggest that the writings on the wall for Tui now. Can't even get into the team when there's a wing spot available.

Would have much preferred they kept the Fusitua/Blake combo together, but whatever, let's see how that very very young pairing on the right will fare against as fairly deadly Roosters attack.

Spot on, Kearney wouldn't have named CNK to debut on the right wing if he was then to pull rug out from under him, that'd be harsh. In saying that I do recall he did that very thing to Tohu Harris after SBW made himself available for the Kiwis but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

Tui's an interesting one, he had probably his best game of the season last week on the right wing. Until he starts putting his body in front I can't see him getting another shot and anyone who's watched CNK knows he's a committed defender.

Reactions: Raw Power
There's the problem right there, while your expectations of David unrealistic the opposite centre is dropping the pill or not passing with the line open.

I don't think my expectations were unrealistic. He made one genuine line break and missed 5 tackles at centre over the first three rounds. He was not terrible but certainly not dominant.

In defending his centre play you said he has averaged over 100ms a game, it is true that he averages more than 100 across the season, but he averages 92 at centre and 121 on the wing. I am not convinced that comparing running meters between centre and wing is worthwhile due to the different roles. But if you are defending his centre play lets not pad it with stats from his performances on the wing

Ayshford and Maumalo could be very interesting. Blake has proven to be a very good influence on young wingers in the past. He's a players player, even if he's not a gifted athlete. So maybe he gives Ken the confidence boost and we see something awesome this weekend.

I'm still waiting to see Kens mega pace in action.

As for Fusitua and CNK on the right, who knows.

NRL Game 1 for the youngster. What a moment for him.

Warrior 218.

Spot on, Kearney wouldn't have named CNK to debut on the right wing if he was then to pull rug out from under him, that'd be harsh. In saying that I do recall he did that very thing to Tohu Harris after SBW made himself available for the Kiwis but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

Tui's an interesting one, he had probably his best game of the season last week on the right wing. Until he starts putting his body in front I can't see him getting another shot and anyone who's watched CNK knows he's a committed defender.

In hindsight how happy do you think Tohu Harris is to not have been part of that shambles of a 2013 World Cup campaign.

Best team named so far this year! Would like to see Maumalo sent to ISP but only if Manu is ready but thought that maybe even Lolohea would be a better option. Nice to see Fusitua and Ayshford both at centre, finally two pure centres on the back of the spine to distribute to the wingers. Stoked to see CNK do his thing in FG. Tough runner with skill. From what ive seen he has been good on defense

Reactions: rugged
Pretty excited to see CNK in the team. 4 of our 5 backs actually have a bit of form behind them. I'm not sure convinced bringing Manu back is a good idea though. He got hurt early last time and wasn't exactly setting the world on fire prior. I get that Maumalo is SHIT, but I'm not totally convinced Manu is that much of an upgrade at this stage of the game.