General NRL 2017 Round 9 - General Discussion

WarriorBall

R9 draw.jpg

Should be a good game tonight, Broncos vs Panthers, plenty of Kiwis on show who will be playing for the win and a Kiwis jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mt.wellington

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Damn the Broncos with some great long range tries. Awesome seeing fast guys like Roberts in full flight.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Something seriously wrong with the Panthers team. They all just cant be fucked. No serious chase, slipping off tackles, errors galore. Looks like they have lost the love...
They remind me heaps of our warriors a few years back, dodgy coaching hire, homegrown players not kicking on, mercenary Tamou turns up for the cash only.

Invest in all this club infrastructure and they somehow get worse.

Moylan is Tomkins with better marketing. Fullback can pass but nothing else.

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
The Penrith Players are looking like they've stopped playing for their coach. Gould got it wrong, there was a reason why Griffin got the flick from the Broncos.

Also CHN is a superstar in the making. Great hole runner, speed power great footwork, size agression can hit in the tackle. Off contract, surely the Warriors have to be interested. Would be a great addition to the Warriors forwad pack.

Reactions: Defence

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
They remind me heaps of our warriors a few years back, dodgy coaching hire, homegrown players not kicking on, mercenary Tamou turns up for the cash only.

Invest in all this club infrastructure and they somehow get worse.

Moylan is Tomkins with better marketing. Fullback can pass but nothing else.
How was Moylen vs Tedesco any kind of decision for the Blues when both were available? Moylen doesn't look like breaking the line at all.

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
You know your team is stacked when you can leave Mead on the bike with 15 to go.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexM

WarriorBall

Thought they'd be better tonight after finishing strong last week against the Eels, the reality of taking that ad lib style of footy to Brisbane is your gonna loose far more than you win.

Vancent

#bringbackwarriorball
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
The Penrith Players are looking like they've stopped playing for their coach. Gould got it wrong, there was a reason why Griffin got the flick from the Broncos.
Gould did get it wrong agreed.

Got it wrong with his 5yr plan.

Got it wrong to sack Cleary.

Got it wrong again hiring Hook.

He is a serial fuckwit with an inflamed sense of self worth and gets way too much credit for a football knowledge that's only wise in hindsight.

An absolute waste of hot air.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

He is a serial fuckwit with an inflamed sense of self worth and gets way too much credit for a football knowledge that's only wise in hindsight.

The 5 year plan is going on 7 years now.

I look at the Panthers and they look like the Warriors once Cleary left. No pride. They did well to scramble their way to this loss but they aren't the same team that use to take top teams to the end...

Vancent

#bringbackwarriorball
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012

The 5 year plan is going on 7 years now.

I look at the Panthers and they look like the Warriors once Cleary left. No pride. They did well to scramble their way to this loss but they aren't the same team that use to take top teams to the end...
100% - that's what prompted my rant I watched the game and saw the same thing. Then it fired me up that Gould poached Cleary, secured an early release only to sack him down the road.

Confirms everything Gould stands for - cover all the bases so he can sprout 'I told you so's', always right never wrong until he is and then it's someone else's fault.

Anyway, move on.....

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Sea eagles are doing well with a bunch of guys no one wanted.

Every week I think the rabbits might win a game, I think it's the hangover from the beatings they always give us, hard to accept they are actually Rubbish

Danpatmac

Sea eagles are doing well with a bunch of guys no one wanted.

Every week I think the rabbits might win a game, I think it's the hangover from the beatings they always give us, hard to accept they are actually Rubbish
i have missed this but...

lol@souffs

Sam Burgess looking at another suspension for a shoulder charge on DCE during Trbojevic try... what a thick family they have become

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Talakai is hurrell clone isn't he. Just without the pace and explosion and good parts of Konrad.